National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round IV Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round IV Predictions
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 19:44

TBA                        Mond 3-3 Sarries  Local derby so in my dreams probably a close affair

Saturday

1.00pm                 Blues 0-4 Jersey Amended following team announcements

3.00pm                 Donny 3-3 Pirates Surely one of the games of the series hoping for 5-2 either way

5.30pm                 Notts 4-1 Cov Another match that could go either way.

Sunday

3.00pm                 Ealing 5-0 Pury Banker

Edited by corporalcarrot - 27 Mar 2021 at 11:47
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 19:59
Bedford 4-1 Jersey - Still worried about Bedford’s pack with both tightheads and Onojaife injured. Not sure if any of Jersey’s back absentees will be back. Going for a tight blues win
Doncaster 1-4 Pirates - Game of the weekend. Hoping Pirates come out with the win to keep the pressure on Ealing and Saracens (can’t see Doncaster beating either)
Nottingham 0-4 Coventry - Nothing to change my view that Nottingham will finish bottom
Ealing 5-0 Hartpury - Ealing to rack up another 50+ score
Richmond 0-5 Saracens. Richmond to put up fight in first half before Sarries pull away
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 20:05

TBA                        Mond 0-5 Sarries  Sarries get their internationals back, and I think they've whinged until this is now moved to Sunday to give them more time to rest. Not that it looked like they played much against Ireland anyhow.

Saturday

1.00pm                 Blues 1-4 Jersey I've not been impressed by either team, but I think that Jersey has the better experience and it will start to come together here.

3.00pm                 Donny 1-4 Pirates Will be interesting to see how Pirates fare after some key injuries, but I think that they'll be too strong for Donny, even after a 6 hour bus ride.

5.30pm                 Notts 0-5 Cov I'm starting to struggle to see Nottingham winning a game this year - thumped by Ampthill today. Coventry played very well in first half vs. Ealing.

Sunday

3.00pm                 Ealing 5-0 Pury - Ealing at home on the plastic pitch will take care of business unless it suddenly finds itself playing Gloucester, though given how bad they are, it may not make a difference.

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 21:02
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">TBA                        Mond 0-5 Sarries  Sarries get their internationals back, and I think they've whinged until this is now moved to Sunday to give them more time to rest. Not that it looked like they played much against Ireland anyhow.

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Saturday<o:p></o:p>

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">1.00pm                 Blues 1-4 Jersey I've not been impressed by either team, but I think that Jersey has the better experience and it will start to come together here.

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">3.00pm                 Donny 1-4 Pirates Will be interesting to see how Pirates fare after some key injuries, but I think that they'll be too strong for Donny, even after a 6 hour bus ride.

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">5.30pm                 Notts 0-5 Cov I'm starting to struggle to see Nottingham winning a game this year - thumped by Ampthill today. Coventry played very well in first half vs. Ealing.

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Sunday<o:p></o:p>

<p ="msonospacing"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">3.00pm                 Ealing 5-0 Pury - Ealing at home on the plastic pitch will take care of business unless it suddenly finds itself playing Gloucester, though given how bad they are, it may not make a difference.

With 28 first team squad players out yesterday, I doubt Gloucester are in any position to bolster Hartpury.
RAID ON
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 21:20
Predictions:
Mond 0 v 5 Sarries
Bedford 4 v 0 Jersey
Donny 1 v 5 Pirates
Notts 1 v 4 Cov
Ealing 5 v 0 Hartpury 

Would expect Sarries and Ealing to pile on the points. I don’t think Jersey are the team of old and Blues should win at home. Nottingham have looked mediocre so far so I would expect Cov to do a number on them. I think Pirates have looked better than Donny in their 3 wins so I would expect them to make it 4 out of 4. If the Knights win this weekend then we could be real contenders. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 22:25

TBA                        Mond 0-5 Sarries  Sarries get their internationals back, and I think they've whinged until this is now moved to Sunday to give them more time to rest. Not that it looked like they played much against Ireland anyhow.

Saturday

1.00pm                 Blues 1-4 Jersey I've not been impressed by either team, but I think that Jersey has the better experience and it will start to come together here.

3.00pm                 Donny 1-4 Pirates Will be interesting to see how Pirates fare after some key injuries, but I think that they'll be too strong for Donny, even after a 6 hour bus ride.

5.30pm                 Notts 0-5 Cov I'm starting to struggle to see Nottingham winning a game this year - thumped by Ampthill today. Coventry played very well in first half vs. Ealing.

Sunday

3.00pm                 Ealing 5-0 Pury - Ealing at home on the plastic pitch will take care of business unless it suddenly finds itself playing Gloucester, though given how bad they are, it may not make a difference.

Sarries moved the game from Friday because it now clashes with the six nations finale. They won’t have the England players available because they’re all contractually obliged to have a rest weekend regardless of whether they play Friday or Sunday. I’m all for Sarries bashing but I think accusing them of whinging to get this game moved due to the England players availability is wide of the mark and I would suggest they will be plenty good enough to dispatch Richmond without them.
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
LJ from Roth View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJ from Roth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 07:16
Mond 0 v 5 Sarries
Bedford 4 v 1 Jersey
Donny 4 v 1 Pirates
Notts 1 v 4 Cov
Ealing 5 v 1 Hartpury 
BFG1 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFG1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 09:07
Predictions:
Mond 0 v 5 Sarries
Bedford 5 v 1 Jersey
Donny 1 v 4 Pirates
Notts 0 v 5 Cov
Ealing 5 v 0 Hartpury
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 09:18
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Saturday

Sunday

Sarries moved the game from Friday because it now clashes with the six nations finale. They won’t have the England players available because they’re all contractually obliged to have a rest weekend regardless of whether they play Friday or Sunday. I’m all for Sarries bashing but I think accusing them of whinging to get this game moved due to the England players availability is wide of the mark and I would suggest they will be plenty good enough to dispatch Richmond without them.

There's still a really angry anti-Saracens posse - noticed this when we (Jersey) played them in round 2, quite a lot of of people who'd never previously followed the Reds or interacted with us on social media piling onto social media posts and stirring up all the politics with high levels of bile. I'm not defending Sarries in terms of what they were convicted of, but am inclined to want to get on with things now that they have taken their place at level 2 and the season's underway. But some people have long memories - still plenty of people west of Offa's Dyke chuntering about Andy Haden taking a dive out of a lineout 43 years ago...

Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 09:27
Agreed. Remember the Mannetjies Roux tackle on Richard Sharp in 1960 something?
Still considering my predictions. It is more difficult currently because some teams are still finding their feet, while others are almost in mid season, based on number of matches played (who? you ask). I expect an evening out to occur, although perhaps Saracens will surge ahead. I hope not.
pappashanga
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 09:43
Richmond 0 v 5 Saracens 
Bedford 4 v 1 Jersey
Doncaster 1 v 5 Cornish Pirates
Nottingham 1 v 4 Coventry 
Ealing 5 v 0 Hartpury 
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:45
Richmond 0-5 Saracens. A good result last weekend for Richmond but still.....
Bedford 5-2 Jersey. I envisage a close but high-scoring game with home advantage telling.
Doncaster 1-4 Cornish Pirates. The Pirates might have peaked during their first game of the season but I feel they are better equipped than Donnie.
Nottingham 0-4 Coventry. I think Coventry will grind out a win in this Midlands derby.
Ealing 5-0 Hartpury. Another home win, probably by 50 points again.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:04
Richmond 1 v 4 Saracens Hope Sarries have an off day
Bedford 4 v 1 Jersey Bedford more enterprising but if Jersey get it together could be other way
Doncaster 1 v 5 Cornish Pirates Not seen Doncaster so going by results
Nottingham 1 v 4 Coventry Coventry looked good in first half against Ealing. Not seen Nottingham.
Ealing 5 v 0 Hartpury Cricket score on cricket pitch
pappashanga
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 16:37

Bedford 1 - 4 Jersey
Doncaster 1 - 5 Cornish Pirates
Ealing 5 - 0 Hartpury  
Nottingham 1 - 4 Coventry 
Richmond 4 - 1 Saracens (0 - 5 in all likelihood but stranger things have happened)
One Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 16:49
Well said Old Gold.
pappashanga
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 17:53
Richmond 1 Saracens 5.
Doncaster 1 Cornish Pirates 4.
Ealing 5 Hartpury 0.
Nottingham 1 Coventry 4.
Bedford 4 Jersey 1.
Cauliflower ear.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 18:03
Richmond 0 Saracens 5.
Doncaster 1 Cornish Pirates 4.
Ealing 5 Hartpury 0.
Nottingham 1 Coventry 4.
Bedford 4 Jersey 1.
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:04
Richmond 0 v 5 Saracens  Surely Sarries will beef up their team and they'll click? Another loss and it could be curtains
Bedford 4 v 1 Jersey Bedford like their home patch and Jersey to suffer again
Doncaster 5 v 2 Cornish Pirates Donny's form to continue, confidence is high. Plenty of tries.
Nottingham 1 v 4 Coventry  Based on their performance against Ampthill, Notts will be thankful there is no relegation 
Ealing 5 v 0 Hartpury Another 50 pointer for Trailfinders 
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 17:53
I think that Sarries ’ England players have to take this weekend off, but I stand to be corrected (as is so often the case on this forum 😂). 
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 18:00
Richmond 0 Saracens 5
Doncaster 3 Cornish Pirates 3 I struggle to call this one - could go either way hoping the journey is a drain on the Pirates and Donny take it 5 & 2
Ealing 5 Hartpury 0.
Nottingham 1 Coventry 4.
Bedford 4 Jersey 1
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic