National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Ealing v Bristol A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilSKN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ealing v Bristol A
    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 14:46
Does anyone know if the Ealing TF v Bristol A match is on TV or being live streamed anywhere?
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 16:44

Fixtures:

Bristol Bears ‘A’ v Ealing Trailfinders - Saturday 28th November - 7pm - Bears High Performance Centre

Ealing Trailfinders v Bristol ‘A’ - Saturday 5th December - 3pm - Trailfinders Sports Club

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Trailfinder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 17:51
I don't believe the first leg at Bristol will streamed unfortunately. Hoping spectators will be allowed for the Ealing leg!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 19:32
Originally posted by Trailfinder Trailfinder wrote:

I don't believe the first leg at Bristol will streamed unfortunately. Hoping spectators will be allowed for the Ealing leg!

Should be allowed the lower of 2,000 or 50% of the maximum capacity (be that 3,200 or 4,000 - depends where you look)
RAID ON
NeilSKN View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilSKN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 21:12
Lucky you in Tier 2. No Bristol supporters then!!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 14:44
Next week's match at Vallis Way will have fans! Confirmed on Twitter about half an hour ago. Details to follow.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 20:42
Ealing win 38 - 10. Fairly strong Ealing side vs. what looked like a fairly weak Bristol side. Though Ealing did get quite a few academy lads on the field. Really looking forward to the home match next weekend.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 11:25
Read in TRP that Alex Codling has left the club. Again. If so, that leaves me really wondering what is going on in terms of the side's inability to retain a coach. It would also be a substantial blow, as Codders was a superb hand at picking a side, training, and preparing them.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 13:55
Gerg i agree about Codling's ability but he has perhaps the longest form book of all at moving on from coaching positions.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 16:17
I listed ALL of his clubs on here once when he first joined Ealing Trailfinders. He is the ultimate Journeyman. I believe it was well over twenty clubs and some he had visited twice. Since then he has returned to Harlequins and Ealing Trailfinders.

He is very old school mixed with a real technical knowledge of the game . The `old school` side is lot`s of shouting and swearing with a mix of fire and brimstone passion. 

This does not suit all players and can be counter productive but most players I have spoken to all agree that he is very good at his job. 

Ealing need to find a top head coach who will stay for the long haul and accrue some real longevity in the post.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 21:35
The amount of money Ealing have to spend if only they had a better DoR they would have gone up a long time ago.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 12:18
Blues, Ealing may spend much more than most of the other Championship teams but they still spend less than half of the money spent each season by the team that is relegated from the Premiership into the Championship. Even with all their money they cannot compete financially and consequently as has been seen year after year they cannot better that team on the pitch over a season. The Premiership is already ring fenced-by finance
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 13:14
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

Blues, Ealing may spend much more than most of the other Championship teams but they still spend less than half of the money spent each season by the team that is relegated from the Premiership into the Championship. Even with all their money they cannot compete financially and consequently as has been seen year after year they cannot better that team on the pitch over a season. The Premiership is already ring fenced-by finance

So true. The parachute payment is ring fencing by stealth, making it almost impossible to break the Premiership cartel. The abolition of the play-offs made it even more difficult.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 19:34
Tickets for Saturday have arrived. Bar will be open. Well excited.
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 20:27
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Are you sure about the bar? I heard clubhouse closed with hot drinks only served outside. 
I hope I’m wrong and you’re right, though!
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Mickyboy View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 21:08
Regulations posted by RFU today say bar can only be open if food is provided and alcohol to be with  meals and not on general sale. If sit down meals provided max of 6 to a table and must be within  your bubble. Check the RFU site for current regulations . 

Edited by Mickyboy - 03 Dec 2020 at 21:11
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 16:35
Originally posted by oneagainstthehead oneagainstthehead wrote:

Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Are you sure about the bar? I heard clubhouse closed with hot drinks only served outside. 
I hope I’m wrong and you’re right, though!
Never been happier to be wrong - all four bars open!
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 19:17
You sure about that? Ealing had the highest R rate in the Capital of couple of days ago and is still going up!

• In Tier 2, bars and social spaces can only operate as if they were a restaurant. This means serving substantial meals, like a main lunchtime or evening meal. They may only serve alcohol as part of such a meal and all food and drink is to be ordered and consumed at the table. Tables can only be same household/support bubble and must be two metres apart from each other. Takeaway must be consumed off the club premises.
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 19:38
Follow the rules and have a great day watching rugby. If you need a beer and the bars are shut take a flask of bovril and have a beer at home later. I wish I could be there but no chance given Jersey's current situation.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 20:28
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Follow the rules and have a great day watching rugby. If you need a beer and the bars are shut take a flask of bovril and have a beer at home later. I wish I could be there but no chance given Jersey's current situation.

I saw that, not sure how but Jersey seems to have been hit by a surge in Covid cases.
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic