National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship Round 20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship Round 20
    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 07:08
Fixtures 11/12 March 2022

Bedford Blues vs Coventry

Ampthill vs Ealing Trailfinders

Richmond vs Hartpury

Doncaster Knights vs Cornish Pirates

Jersey Reds vs Nottingham
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 07:12
Bedford Blues 4 vs 1 Coventry This could be a right humdinger of a match

Ampthill 1 vs 4 Ealing Trailfinders Ampthill to make Ealing work, the pressure at this end of the season is starting to build to an incredible height

Richmond 5 vs 2 Hartpury I am going for a home win but this is likely to be tight

Doncaster Knights 5 vs 0 Cornish Pirates Ok Rose tinted lenses but this will make things more interesting coming into the last weekend

Jersey Reds 5 vs 0 Nottingham I cannot see Nottingham getting much change out of this game
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 08:02
Blues 5-2 Coventry Could go either way and 3 all a possible but I will save that one

Amps 1-5 Ealing An absolute Banker so Amps have every chance

Mond 5-0 Pury A home win in style

Donny 3-3 Pirates Although 5-2 either way just as likely

Jersey 4-1 Nottingham Last home games of the season unfortunately have a history of disappointment but ever hopeful of a close home win.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:19

Ampthill    0 - 5 Ealing

Bedford     5 - 0 Coventry

Doncaster   4 - 1 Cornish Pirates

Jersey      5 - 0 Nottingham 

Richmond    4 - 1 Hartpury

One Club
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:36
Ampthill 5-1 Ealing
Bedford 5-0 Coventry
Doncaster 1-5 Pirates
Jersey 5-0 Nottingham
Richmond 5-2 Hartpury
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 16:01
Ampthill 0-5 Ealing
Bedford 4-1 Coventry
Doncaster 1-4 Pirates
Jersey 5-0 Nottingham
Richmond 4-1 Hartpury
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 19:40
Ampthill 1-5 Ealing. The last home game of the season and I can see Ampthill wanting to put on a show. Unfortunately I think Ealing should be up for it too. The best thing here is I shall be there for the first time this season to swell the crowd.
Bedford 2-5 Coventry. This is one of those 31-38 games. Should be a good crowd.
Doncaster 4-1 Pirates. Doncaster are wanting to keep the pressure on Ealing and I think they will grind out a win here.
Jersey 5-0 Nottingham. Jersey to score at least four tries.
Richmond 5-2 Hartpury. Richmond have proved to be a good solid side and will target this game for a win.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 22:29
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Doncaster 4-1 Pirates. Doncaster are wanting to keep the pressure on Ealing and I think they will grind out a win here.

Unlike their visitors?! Confused
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 07:19
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Touché 
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 07:29
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

<div id="ypm-extension" ="ypm-extension"="">

Touché 

Ah, I see I must write a small essay against my predictions from now on. I should have added “Pirates are wanting to keep the pressure on Ealing also but I think they will not grind out a win here.” 😎😎😎
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 07:30

The thing is, Donny have more to lose.  Pirates - much as they would undoubtedly love to finish top - haven't applied for promotion, so I think that gives Donny a slight edge - although Alan Paver never gave an inch as a player and I don't expect he's changed much as a coach.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:19

starting XV - Ealing team to run out against Ampthill tomorrow. I am not a fan of Whyte or Northcote-Green. Whyte is mobile, but not a great scrummager, and Northcote-Green has looked in poor shape all year, and always seems to be nursing an injury on the field. Otherwise, this is pretty much the team that Ealing uses week in and week out. Glad to see Uzokwe recovered from his injury and returning to the starters, and really good to see Digby back in the squad - I massively rated him before  a long injury layoff.

1 Kyle Whyte

2 Jan-Henning Campher

3 Lewis Thiede

4 Bobby de Wee

5 Simon Linsell

6 Max Northcote-Green

7 Simon Uzokwe

8 Rayn Smid

9 Craig Hampson

10 Craig Willis

11 Luke Daniels

12 Pat Howard

13 Max Bodilly

14 Angus Kernohan

15 David Johnston

Replacements -

16 Cam Terry

17 Dylan Smith

18 George Davis

19 Barney Maddison

20 Simon Linsell

21 Jordan Burns

22 Steven Shingler

23 Jack Digby

gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:21
Ampthill 0-5 Ealing - The guys know what they have to do, and I think they'll get it done.
Bedford 4-1 Coventry - Bedford on good form. Coventry's victory over Doncaster seeems two or three seasons ago now.
Doncaster 4-1 Pirates - Doncaster seem to play to the level of their opposition, which I think will be enough to get them the win at home. I can see a Sam Olver penalty at the death being the decider. Again.
Jersey 5-0 Nottingham - One way traffic expected.
Richmond 4-1 Hartpury - The mighty Mond have quietly been very impressive this year, and a few bounces either way here or there would have seen them firmly mid-table.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:38
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Doncaster 4-1 Pirates - Doncaster seem to play to the level of their opposition, which I think will be enough to get them the win at home. I can see a Sam Olver penalty at the death being the decider. Again.

I am hoping for similar but for Sam to kick the three to take us 8 points clear of Pirates, who then go home with no points. Wink
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:38
Must be serious injury issues at Hooker, as i don't think Cameron Terry will be relied upon if not comfortably clear... His technical skills as a hooker really need development - the lineout throw in particular.

23. Jack Rigby is he a new signing as i have not heard of him before?

Edited by dropout22 - 11 Mar 2022 at 12:39
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:59
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

Must be serious injury issues at Hooker, as i don't think Cameron Terry will be relied upon if not comfortably clear... His technical skills as a hooker really need development - the lineout throw in particular.

23. Jack Rigby is he a new signing as i have not heard of him before?

I hadnt noticed that Terry was at Hooker. I thought Malton finished the match at Scottish, and we had a guy on loan to Irish. I know Walker is long term out. Digby was a bew signing this year, but he  started a few games earlier in the season before an injury kept him out for months. Looked very handy if memory serves.
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 15:20

Ampthill    0 - 5 Ealing

Bedford     5 - 0 Coventry

Doncaster   4 - 1 Cornish Pirates

Jersey      5 - 0 Nottingham 

Richmond    5 - 1 Hartpury

Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 16:16
Bedford Blues 5 vs Coventry 1 … Should be a good game this, but I fancy the Blues to run in a few tries.
Ampthill 0 vs Ealing Trailfinders 5...This is a must win with BP game for Ealing and I think that they will be just a little too clinical for Ampthill. I do not expect them to have it all their own way mind.
Richmond 4 vs Hartpury 1...Another good game. I expect this to be a real arm wrestle with the home side just nicking it.
Doncaster Knights 4 vs Cornish Pirates 1...Game of the week by a country mile. I have to go with Donny purely on home form, but it could go either way and should be a tight, enthralling game.
Jersey Reds 5 vs Nottingham 1... Tries, tries and more tries in this one. In the reverse fixture there were about 6 tries in the first 20 minutes. I can see the same thing happening again.

Good luck all.
Tackle Low!!!!!
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 16:27
I missed doing the predictions last week, nearly forgot this week as well:

Predictions 
Ampthill 1 v 5 Ealing - As much as I want an upset here, I think Ealing will be too good in the last 20 minutes.
Bedford 5 v 1 Coventry - Although they have been ordinary at home this season I think Bedford will win this.
Doncaster 4 v 1 Cornish Pirates - This is the fixture I dread every year because we never seem to win it. Pirates have a fantastic record at Castle Park. However, I think this might be our time to beat them. Hopefully we actually turn up this time, unlike in the reverse fixture. 
Jersey 5 v 0 Nottingham - Sorry CC but I’m putting the curse on your lads - banker home win
Richmond 5 v 2 Hartpury - Richmond have been very competitive this year and I expect them to win this, the RAG is a tough ground to visit.

An interesting discussion earlier in the thread about Donny maybe having more motivation in this game due to the outside chance of going up. All I’ll say is that Pirates will be desperate to win the league, even though they can’t go up to still win the league would be a fantastic effort. Alan Paver and Gavin Cattle won’t allow any soft-peddling. From a Donny perspective I’m expecting the same tough, abrasive, confrontational performance from Pirates that we always get. They’ll be no slacking that’s for sure. They’ll be coming up here for the W like they always have. 

Edited by Donnyknightfan - 11 Mar 2022 at 16:27
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 16:39
I suppose the slight difference may be that Donny have to win tomorrow - there's almost no chance of them losing and then taking the title on 2 April. Whereas Pirates could lose (they'd want a BP) and get to top-spot by winning their 3 remaining games (albeit one is away to Ealing).

But I doubt any of the above will be a factor, it'll be a real cup final with both sides going all out for a really important win...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic