National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Sedge Tiger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedge Tiger
    Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 09:28
Would the poster who goes under this name please make himself known as I believe itโ€™s his turn for the pre match delicacies as itโ€™s been a few years and the memory isnโ€™t as good as it was ๐Ÿค£๐Ÿค£ 
Will be great to meet up after a few years 
Well done to all at Tigers
So many Christians not enough Lions
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 10:08
Rabbie 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Good morning very funny!!! And thank you 

If my memory serves me right itโ€™s your turn. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™m looking forward to the new fixture list for the new season and meeting up with some old friends and new in National One again. 

I always enjoyed my trips to Blackheath. 

Hereโ€™s to the new season

Congratulations to both Club and Lions again see you both next season 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 16 Apr 2023 at 11:40
Give him one with handles on
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 13:51
Sorry unlikely to be buying any rounds, as at the moment health issues means little chance of me crossing Hadrians Wall for a while. I shall just have to bend your ears on here instead...................
Exciting times for the Lions, new chapter in their fairly short life span as a club, though the two clubs the joined together were around for a long time before.
Expecting a tough baptism, but this is a very decent squad that have gelled together nicely and may have what it takes, exciting times ahead.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 14:16
Rabbie 

You could have retitled this thread. When I first saw it I thought I was dead๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 16 Apr 2023 at 14:16
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 18:16
Sorry ST but would have used your real name for that and I didnโ€™t know how many G&Ts were quaffed last night ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 18:17
Rabbie 

Thanks for  keeping the secret safe๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Enjoy your Sunday 

All the best 

ST 
sedgley dave View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 01:04
STRIP ? Okay then, if you must.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 11:22
Sedge

Old Friends and New.
I think it is only Bishop Stortford and Chinnor that you have not played. Probably Taunton, assuming Esher do not pull off a miracle next week - and possibly Rams, if they do.

You were relegated the same season as Cambridge. Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I hope we do not get to play you next season. Meaning, you make new friends in Reading.

Also in the league that season, and staying up, was Blackheath, who have also had a short sojourn in National 2, and will be joining you next season.

Aside from that, only Cinderford and Rosslyn Park remain, and will still be tough opponents.

But you know Leicester Lions, from Nat 2 North, before the reorganization and of course Sale.

London Scottish, or possibly Richmond, look to be coming down this season, and I know you played Scottish, and probably Richmond.

I think you have played both Moseley and Plymouth in the second tier, but I could be wrong about Moseley - and it might have been at the old ground.

So healthy turnover.
Sweeney Delenda Est
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 13:16
Hi Camquin
I'm sure we've not played Taunton, ever, nor Bishops Stortford, nor The Rams, but I think we may have played Chinnor in a promotion play-off. I kept Sedgley's records up to 2005, when I passed them over to the (then) young ST. He will correct me, if I am wrong.

I took a photo of us playing Moseley at the University ground in 2003/04. Oddly, I don't think we have ever played Darlington Mowden park in a league match, though we certainly did in a National Cup game best forgotten (though it won't have been).

We may have passed DMP without playing, as we are about to with Leeds Tykes, though we did also play Leeds in a National Cup game, which was their first ever competitive game as a new club, the merging of Headingley and Roundhay - all those years ago!

Meanwhile, you Blood & Sands are yourselves going to get promoted, aren't you? 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 13:41
I had forgotten Chinnor were promoted via the 17/18 play off.

And as for the last point, the players are giving it their best shot.
But it is hard enough to win in Plymouth, let alone to get 5 points.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 14:38
Originally posted by sedgley dave sedgley dave wrote:

Hi Camquin
Oddly, I don't think we have ever played Darlington Mowden park in a league match, though we certainly did in a National Cup game best forgotten (though it won't have been).

We may have passed DMP without playing, as we are about to with Leeds Tykes, though we did also play Leeds in a National Cup game, which was their first ever competitive game as a new club, the merging of Headingley and Roundhay - all those years ago!

SD 

If I may,  just a note for the record. We did actually play DMP in our first season back at National Two North when they were promoted with Macclesfield and we finished fourth that first season back at that level. We did also play Leeds Tykes over two seasons when we were both at level 2. 

Our current head coach Scott Barrow who playing for Leeds on the day intercepted a Sedge pass in the last phases of the game as Sedge were applying pressure on the Leeds line. He went onto to run a full length try in and took away what would have been a very memorable win at Headingley for Sedge. 

We have also played Rams in a pre-season game at Priory Lane Macclesfield a few seasons ago but as you say never in the league. 

Iโ€™m looking forward to the new season but we still have one game to go at Cross Green yet. 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 17 Apr 2023 at 18:43
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 14:44
I'm pretty sure Sedgley Park have not played Taunton, at least not in the past 40 years. There is a lose connection though, a former Taunton player played for Sedgley Park whilst at college in Manchester (Matt Corns). One of our supporters was also a follower of SP (Ray Fallon) sadly deceased.
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 14:51
RP 

You are absolutely right we have never played Taunton Titans in a league game. Iโ€™m not sure SD or myself said we had. Apologies if we did. I remember Ray very well and his huge cigars!! Matt Corns as a former player for Sedge is also be fondly remembered. 

Best of Luck to Titans 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 17 Apr 2023 at 18:44
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 15:47
so this season we visited 7 new grounds for and next year it will be one Leicester Lions just because you know them doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s easier ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 18:53
Rabbie 

Agreed, it doesnโ€™t matter who or how many times you have met clubs previously or how you fared in time either. Itโ€™s all about now. 

However itโ€™s always good to know a few old faces, watering holes and where the toilets are๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™m really looking forward to the new season. The biggest change for me though in the years out of National One is the demise of the Northern Club at level 3. Back then it was more of a 50-50 split. Sadly not now alas. 

All the best 

ST 
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 19:42
I think Leicester Lions have built a new club house since Sedge last visited.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 19:53
That is a bigger issue, worthy of its own topic.
Sweeney Delenda Est
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 20:14
RedPete - I am currently putting together a Sedge photo archive, and I came across this face I couldn't put a name to. Ray Fallon! At least, I hope it's him.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/52825197631/in/album-72177720307193019/

I do remember Matt Corns, as a neat little stand-off, nice player, who as a goalkicker hit the posts more often than the space between them.

Sedge Tiger - I knew you would put me right! There's a black hole in my Sedgley supporting, those years when we were hanging on at level 2, when I watched the home-grown 2nd XV in preference to the 1sts. It was also the time when I passed the stats stuff over to you. And haven't you done well!

Edited by sedgley dave - 17 Apr 2023 at 20:23
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 20:23
SD

Thatโ€™s spot on Dave. 

All the best 

ST 
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 20:43
Originally posted by sedgley dave sedgley dave wrote:

RedPete - I am currently putting together a Sedge photo archive, and I came across this face I couldn't put a name to. Ray Fallon! At least, I hope it's him.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/52825197631/in/album-72177720307193019/

I do remember Matt Corns, as a neat little stand-off, nice player, who as a goalkicker hit the posts more often than the space between them.

Sedge Tiger - I knew you would put me right! There's a black hole in my Sedgley supporting, those years when we were hanging on at level 2, when I watched the home-grown 2nd XV in preference to the 1sts. It was also the time when I passed the stats stuff over to you. And haven't you done well!

Yes, that's Ray, he was a keen golfer, there is an annual competition at Vivary Golf club in commemoration.
Yes Matt was a nippy 10, his brother Nick played on the wing for Taunton and IIRC Somerset also.
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic