National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Ground grading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ground grading
    Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:08
Hi all

I have been involved with football all my life so when it comes to ground grading I am clued up from 50 capacity covered stands to enter at step 6 up to the premier leagues 10000k all seater requirement, I know rugby both union and league are not as well funded but I cant seem to find any ground grading regs from the rfu ?
As you may have gathered elite stands make container style stands and are looking at both rugby codes for growth but cant seem to find which level to aim at as I cant find any guidance.

can anyone post a link for the rfu or the wrfu

thanks
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:16
Originally posted by elitestands elitestands wrote:

Hi all

I have been involved with football all my life so when it comes to ground grading I am clued up from 50 capacity covered stands to enter at step 6 up to the premier leagues 10000k all seater requirement, I know rugby both union and league are not as well funded but I cant seem to find any ground grading regs from the rfu ?
As you may have gathered elite stands make container style stands and are looking at both rugby codes for growth but cant seem to find which level to aim at as I cant find any guidance.

thanks

Ask Ealing last 3 , thats not supposed to be funny either, but they have had a problem for the last 3 seasons as the goal posts move each each depending on what why the win is blowing!
Ask for Sue Chandler 

Edited by Scrumtime - 30 May 2023 at 15:16
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:43

Hi all

thanks
Perhaps not that clued up?
The Premier League has a requirement for 5000 capacity, not 10k, which makes RU's Prem requirements even more laughable.
Our City,
Our Club
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:44
I think you will find that only the Premier league has a ground criteria. Requiring clubs to have a 10,000 capacity. All leagues below do not. I believe that the RFU made a big mistake when the Rugby went professional and all National leagues clubs received a payment from the RFU plus travel expenses. That was the time to introduce ground criteria for level 2-4 entry levels. Instead the clubs used the money they received to pay players and not improve their grounds. Thus starting the a cycle of destruction in todays Rugby. Unfortunately the one thing you cannot buy is Loyalty.
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:48

Hi all

thanks

Something like Gloucester City's Tiger Turf stadium?

To answer your question, I'd start by contacting Championship and National 1 sides first and see how you get on.
elitestands View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:50
10k hence the lutons dump and there possible move to mk or watford

you can enter the championship with 5k capacity and 2k seated but have to be all seater within 2 season or building another ground
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:53
yes similar style, planning not always required and can create grounds upto 2k all seater or a mix
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 15:56
is there a level where you require at least seating or could a club go from counties to championship and stay with stay tents pavillions but no seated stand. even when i watched wakefield they were in the 2nd tier had seating at both sides with terracing at both ends
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:00

you can enter the championship with 5k capacity and 2k seated but have to be all seater within 2 season or building another ground

Luton’s capacity is not an issue.

It is old, so the hospitality boxes are going for tv cameras, media facilities.
The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:16
10k is from the legislation - the Safety of Sports Grounds Act. a stadium with 10k+ accommodation requires a licence. The Premier League got a dispensation from that for Bournemouth when they were first promoted and the limit for football was recued to 5k. The RFU didn't seek the same dispensation hence the requirement for Ealing/Jersey/Doncaster to demonstrate a 10k stadium despite the fact that their crowds will probably never fill the stadium.
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:19
capacity is those little boxes wont fit the media in also where do the sponsors go ?

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:21
Seating is required from step 6 - level 10, albeit only 50 seats at that level.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:51
correct at step 7 cover is advised but not required seats can be anything, car seat , old sofa, park bench lol
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:57
Jersey Reds chairman got quite a bit of 'airtime' for this tweet over the w/e -

Mark Morgan
@Markovich1957
I’m was born in Luton and had many seasons watching them at Kenilworth Rd. Marvellous to see them get back in to the Prem yesterday. 
That will be worth £175m to the club. 
Reds won the rugby Championship (Luton were 3rd!). Our reward? Not a single penny…
@JerseyRedsRugby
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 16:58
Ampthill are a championship rugby team (same league name as football I think)

Article here is relatively current about the facilities there.

Edited by Paul10 - 30 May 2023 at 16:58
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 18:18

Good grief - it's 5k. Over and out (no point arguing with the hard of checking).
Our City,
Our Club
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elitestands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 18:34
yes heard about amphill, puzzling that they dont even have hard standing gods knows what happens in bad weather and for the disabled, they would struggle.
That place would not meet step 7 in football as they have not even fenced off the pitch. there player wage versus ground works budget must be the biggest gap in world rugby.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:23

yes heard about amphill, puzzling that they dont even have hard standing gods knows what happens in bad weather and for the disabled, they would struggle.
That place would not meet step 7 in football as they have not even fenced off the pitch. there player wage versus ground works budget must be the biggest gap in world rugby.

It’s a great place to watch a match though.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:28
Ampthill also doesn't have floodlights, so winter games sometimes need an early kickoff. As an Ealing supporter, I am not a fan of harsh ground criteria, but my podunk highschool in a town of 500 had lights and a 500 seat stand.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 21:30
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

10k is from the legislation - the Safety of Sports Grounds Act. a stadium with 10k+ accommodation requires a licence. The Premier League got a dispensation from that for Bournemouth when they were first promoted and the limit for football was recued to 5k. The RFU didn't seek the same dispensation hence the requirement for Ealing/Jersey/Doncaster to demonstrate a 10k stadium despite the fact that their crowds will probably never fill the stadium.

And of course Jersey could always argue that the Act of Parliament doesn't apply to them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic