National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU Back to Rugby survey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camp Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RFU Back to Rugby survey
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:45
Has anyone taken the latest survey yet ? I thought it would be addressing how we feel about getting back to rugby in our clubs but as you get further into it it quickly turns in to the RFU wanting to know if they will fill the stadium for the Autumn Internationals.

This survey has nothing to do with grassroots rugby and everything to do with topping up the coffers.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
hills17 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hills17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:33
Yes seen that Freddie, went through the questions and all about watching rugby on TV or at HQ. One question refers to community clubs in the answers. Not sure how they can gauge the feel for the community game in the survey.
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 18:03
We all have our own clubs which are central to our thoughts and so does Twickenham - their club is called England
Camp Freddie View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camp Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 18:51
Hi Neasham, Sorry but I don't agree that England are the RFU's Club. There are 2000+ clubs in the Union who all have an equal share and say in what should go on. England are the representative team of us, the union.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 19:49
Originally posted by Camp Freddie Camp Freddie wrote:

Hi Neasham, Sorry but I don't agree that England are the RFU's Club. There are 2000+ clubs in the Union who all have an equal share and say in what should go on. England are the representative team of us, the union.

+1
Our City,
Our Club
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 22:04
Originally posted by Camp Freddie Camp Freddie wrote:

Of course? but perhaps I didn’t make my point very well. Most communications I get from the RFU are all about England and Eddie and very little about the rest of the game. Hence a survey you assume to be about the whole game is really all about getting England games back on at Twickers (important though that is in revenue terms) and very little else.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 06:15
Its almost like, the RFU or to give them their shiny new-ish moniker they started using a few years back England Rugby think they are a professional sports team and not a governing body. 
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 07:30
Apologies for my ignorance but I can only find a survey from January 2020.Could someone put a link on here please. 
Cauliflower ear.
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 09:02
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

Its almost like, the RFU or to give them their shiny new-ish moniker they started using a few years back England Rugby think they are a professional sports team and not a governing body. 

Thank you. You have put it far more succinctly than I.
Camp Freddie View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camp Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 09:39
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 09:47
What an awful survey, totally misogynistic to the National team!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:06
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

You were warned
RAID ON
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:49
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

You were warned
TBH, I was expecting it to be as pointless as the Paying of Players review that came out last month - but this took the biscuit!!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 18:07
Where do you watch your rugby - at my club
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
sidelined View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidelined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 19:58
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Where do you watch your rugby - at my club

I wonder if "anywhere but Twickenham" is an acceptable answer?

Bill Sley View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Sley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 06:52
Mmmm.....It felt I wasn't much use to the RFU:

Q:'During last season, which of the following best describes your main involvement in rugby?'
A: I played rugby; my children played rugby; I coached a rugby team; I was a match official; I had an admin role in a rugby club; None of the above

I've done all the above in previous seasons, but had to select 'none of the above' and by inference make no useful involvement?? Surely a question about paying to watch club rugby/propping up the bar takings could be added & be useful.

It seems watching more rugby on telly is more valuable than supporting your local club.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 08:10
Oh dear that wasn't good. ☹️
Cauliflower ear.
GazJo12 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GazJo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 08:13
Originally posted by Bill Sley Bill Sley wrote:

Mmmm.....It felt I wasn't much use to the RFU:

Q:'During last season, which of the following best describes your main involvement in rugby?'
A: I played rugby; my children played rugby; I coached a rugby team; I was a match official; I had an admin role in a rugby club; None of the above

I've done all the above in previous seasons, but had to select 'none of the above' and by inference make no useful involvement?? Surely a question about paying to watch club rugby/propping up the bar takings could be added & be useful.

It seems watching more rugby on telly is more valuable than supporting your local club.

Totally agree with you.

backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 08:37
Incredibly poor from the RFU
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:47
Gents, many thanks for the affirmation....
I thought it was me thinking that I would be asked about my club and my thoughts, rather than England and the Premiership!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic