National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round XIV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round XIV
    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 08:33
Championship Match Officials

Coventry vs Ealing Trailfinders
Referee: George Selwood
Assistant referees: Simon Adams, Shane Lewis
Assessor: Sam Collins

Hartpury University vs Ampthill
Referee: Dean Richards
Assistant referees: William Burton, Richard Waller
Assessor: Lloyd Jackson & Peter Huckle

Bedford Blues vs Doncaster Knights
Referee: Simon Harding
Assistant referees: Lionel Spooner, Gregg Dawson
Assessor: Peter Farrell &Robin Goodliffe

Jersey vs Newcastle Falcons
Referee: Karl Dickson
Assistant referees: Joe James, Steve Lee
Assessor: Stephen Leyshon

Cornish Pirates vs Nottingham
Referee: Sara Cox
Assistant referees: Clare Daniels, Nick Marshall
Assessor: David Morgan

Yorkshire Carnegie vs London Scottish
Referee: Anthony Woodthorpe
Assistant referees: Nikki O'Donnell, Simon Park
Assessor: Peter Farrell

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:08
Good to see Sara Cox back at the Mennaye, one of the better Championship refs in our experience.
Shush View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:28
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Good to see Sara Cox back at the Mennaye, one of the better Championship refs in our experience.

Maybe for Pirates but I don't believe she's good enough for level 2 rugby, could be worse I suppose as we could've had Dean Richards, now he is poor.

Edited by Shush - 26 Feb 2020 at 10:29
Dalesman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 12:48
She was excellent a couple of weeks back at Doncaster.
Arguably the best Ref seen this season.
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 13:19
Originally posted by Shush Shush wrote:

Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Maybe for Pirates but I don't believe she's good enough for level 2 rugby, could be worse I suppose as we could've had Dean Richards, now he is poor.

Best move her up to the Premiership then

On a serious note, as Dalesman pointed out. She is clearly the best we have seen at Doncaster all year 
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
Donnyfan View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 13:26
Predictions:
Coventry 1 - 5 Ealing - Ealing too strong I think but should be a great game.
Hartpury 1 - 4 Ampthill - low scoring game in prospect but Ampthill on a roll.
Bedford 1 - 4 Doncaster - going to be very close but can see Donny nicking it.
Jersey 0 - 4 Newcastle - usually a banana skin fixture for the relegated Premiership club but Jersey have been inconsistent this year and they've been patchy at home. I think Falcons will win with relative ease.
Cornish Pirates 5 - 1 Nottingham - Pirates to keep up their good home form but Nottingham will play their part In an entertaining game.
Leeds 0 - 5 London Scottish - even an out of form LS side won't lose this one. maybe Leeds may get within 25 points this week.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 13:54
Coventry 1 - 4 Ealing
Hartpury 1 - 4 Ampthill 
Bedford 4 - 1 Doncaster 
Jersey 0 - 4 Newcastle
Cornish Pirates 5 - 1 Nottingham 
Leeds 0 - 5 London Scottish 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 14:18
Originally posted by Dalesman Dalesman wrote:

A lot of the Donny fans disagreed with you on the day mate and howled abuse at her when she declined to yellow card the Jersey player for a tackle in the air having previously carded a Donny player for the same offence. On balance I thought she had a pretty good match at Donny but I wouldn't put her down as the best I've seen this season and for what its worth of the six managing championship matches this weekend I rate three of them higher.
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 14:45
Don't most supporters judge the ref by whether they favour their team or the opposition rather than whether he/she referees to the laws correctly?  Or is that just Cov fans...?
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 16:35
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by Dalesman Dalesman wrote:

A lot of the Donny fans disagreed with you on the day mate and howled abuse at her when she declined to yellow card the Jersey player for a tackle in the air having previously carded a Donny player for the same offence. On balance I thought she had a pretty good match at Donny but I wouldn't put her down as the best I've seen this season and for what its worth of the six managing championship matches this weekend I rate three of them higher.

The Jersey tackle was neither dangerous or reckless, penalty only. The Doncaster tackle was reckless penalty and a card. Simples 

She was clear in her signals, consistent and fair. ALL the Doncaster support around where I sit thought she was the best SEEN at Doncaster all season. 
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 17:44
Coventry 1-4 Ealing Trailfinders. Very close to call but Ealing to nick it.
Hartpury 1-4 Ampthill. Again very close, but Ampthill to nick it.
Bedford 5-2 Doncaster. Perhaps the game of the day with Bedford continuing to improve.
Jersey 0-5 Newcastle Falcons. Jersey appear out of salts. Newcastle do not.
Cornish Pirates 4-1 Nottingham. CP too good on their own patch.
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish. But I don't think it will be by 50 points.
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 18:26
Coventry 1-4 Ealing Trailfinders. 
Hartpury 1-4 Ampthill. 
Bedford  5-2 Doncaster. 
Jersey    1-5 Newcastle Falcons. Reds not firing properly this season - too many playing out of position.
Cornish Pirates 4-1 Nottingham. .
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish. YC destined for Nat 1 - or lower
Come on Jersey........
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 18:57
Originally posted by knightandday knightandday wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

[QUOTE=Dalesman] She was excellent a couple of weeks back at Doncaster.

The Jersey tackle was neither dangerous or reckless, penalty only. The Doncaster tackle was reckless penalty and a card. Simples 

I don't disagree with your analysis mate but the Donny fans around me on the open terrace literally screamed abuse at the ref to try and procure a card. On the day I actually think the crowd abuse probably saved the Jersey lad from a card as over the years I have found that crowd abuse of refs rarely achieves the objective the hecklers are trying to secure. They pay their money however so I respect their right to express an opinion.
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 21:26
Coventry 0 - 5 Ealing Cov will be disappointed with their league position and it wont improve here
Hartpury 1 - 4 Ampthill  Amps are not too hot away from home, but will grind it out to go 4th
Bedford 5- 0 Doncaster  Blues at home to go through the gears against Donny
Jersey 0 - 5 Newcastle Falcons truck on, too much experience and nous to let the trip get to them
C. Pirates 5 - 2 Notts Plenty of points, and 2 at the Mennaye about the best Notts can hope for
YC 0 - Scottish 5 Mix of students, journeymen and lastminute.com imports no way to prosper
Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 21:45
Coventry 0 - 5 Ealing          Cov will chase hard but no cigar
Hartpury 1 - 4 Ampthill      Tight match could go either way
Bedford 5- 0 Doncaster              Blues at home
Jersey 0 - 5 Newcastle             Falcons too strong and with Harvey        leaving Jersey to drift to the end of season
C. Pirates 5 - 0 Notts          Plenty of points but Pirates too strong
YC 0 - Scottish 5          Scottish to win it in last 20 mins
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 07:43
Originally posted by Welshie7 Welshie7 wrote:

... and with Harvey leaving Jersey to drift to the end of season

Have I missed something?
PI003 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PI003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 08:10
Coventry 1 - 4 Ealing Trailfinders - hoping for a home win, but think Ealing’s consistency to win out
Hartpury 4 - 1 Ampthill- unlikely to be a try fest, but a home win the result
Bedford Blues 5 - 2 Doncaster Knights - recent improved home form to be the key
Jersey Reds 0 - 5 Newcastle Falcons - Falcons promotion charge to continue unhindered 
Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 - Nottingham- Pirates to be too strong on their own patch
Yorkshire Carnegie 0 - 4 - London Scottish - the Exiles pack to prove their worth yet again.

Happy rugby watching everyone.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 08:20
Coventry 1 - 5 Ealing - Fast surface . . lots of tries
Hartpury 4 - 1 Ampthill  - Home advantage just
Bedford 4 - 1 Doncaster  - as above
Jersey 0 - 5 Newcastle - Finish line in sight
Cornish Pirates 4 - 1 Nottingham  - Battle in the mud
Leeds 0 - 5 London Scottish  - LS to win but not by a cricket score . . can YC keep it under 50?
Run with it
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 11:16
Coventry 0 - 5 Ealing ... Coventry are good at home, but they won't get any advantage from the surface. Ealing's quality to show.

Hartpury 4 - 1 Ampthill ... This will be a really tight game, but I think that the Hartpury defence at home is solid, so a narrow home victory for me.

Bedford 5 - 2 Doncaster ... Game of the week for me. Both teams have hit some form and Donny will take some stopping. However, there is a new resilience surrounding Bedford. Could go either way, but I will go for a high scoring, tight, home win.

Jersey 4 - 1 Newcastle ... Not the form that I wanted Jersey to be in coming into this game, however, the pressure will certainly be off and the wind will be howling. What better stage to show your PL credentials for those Reds players who dream of a step up to the next level.
A Pembo drop goal special from his own half to win it.

Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 Nottingham ... Another good game, but Pirates are just too damned good at home. Tough day for the visitors in testing conditions.

Leeds 0 - 5 London Scottish ... Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
The Perfect Ten View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Perfect Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 14:53
Coventry 1 Ealing Trailfinders 5

Hartpury University 1 Ampthill 4

Bedford Blues 5 Doncaster Knights 0

Jersey 0 Newcastle Falcons 5

Cornish Pirates 4 Nottingham 0

Yorkshire Carnegie 0 London Scottish 5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic