National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship Round 18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship Round 18
    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 13:29

Pirates     5 - 0 London Scottish

Ealing      5 - 0 Bedford

Hartpury    4 - 1 Jersey

Nottingham  1 - 4 Coventry

Richmond    1 - 5 Doncaster 

One Club
Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 13:37

Pirates     5 - 0 London Scottish - tough place to visit

Ealing      5 - 0 Bedford Could be fast and furious

Hartpury    4 - 1 Jersey. After last week's "grief" for my comment I am sure this will be a highly entertaining Fiji Vs Barbarians type match with the crowd all sighing with disappointment at the final whistle

Nottingham  2 - 4 Coventry Missed kicks the downfall..... 

Richmond    1 - 4 Doncaster Tight attritional affair

Edited by Welshie7 - 09 Feb 2022 at 13:38
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 14:27
Pirates 5-0 Scottish As its streamed I hope to watch this one at home Pirates go nap
Ealing 5-1 Blues Loads of tries for both teams
Pury 1-4 Jersey I expect more squad rotation from Jersey ahead of the big test next week but still hope for a narrow away win.
Nottingham 5-2 Cov A try fest should be great to watch.
Mond 3-3 Donny Although 5-2 either way probably more likely

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 17:54
Last week’s results were great for Ampthill who retained sixth spot without playing. And I think the same can happen again this week. Let’s see.

Cornish Pirates 5-0 London Scottish. I honestly cannot see any other outcome.
Ealing 5-0 Bedford. Ealing must be looking to consolidate their position at the top whilst Bedford have lost all their flair. Very strange.
Hartpury 1-4 Jersey. Hartpury are the surprise team of this year’s campaign, but Jersey might just scrape this one.
Nottingham 4-1 Coventry. Nottingham are due a win and Coventry aren’t the best travellers.
Richmond 1-4 Doncaster. I just think Doncaster are hell-bent on pushing Ealing all the way, so they should win here.

And if my predictions are correct then Ampthill will stay sixth.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 18:48

Hartpury    4 - 1 Jersey

Nottingham  4 - 1 Coventry

Richmond    4 - 1 Doncaster 

Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 19:47
Predictions:
Cornish Pirates 5 v 0 London Scottish - Same old story for the away team at the Mennaye - no joy to be had. 
Ealing 5 v 0 Bedford - Just the fixture you want when you are in poor form, would be an almighty upset if Blues got anything from this one.
Hartpury 1 v 4 Jersey - Jersey seem to have got over their little wobble and I think they will get a good win on the road against a good Hartpury team.
Nottingham 4 v 1 Coventry - I think Nottingham will just about win this one, Coventry‘s away form has been poor this year. Have they actually won away yet?. - 
Richmond 1 v 5 Doncaster - A really tough one for the Donny boys but if we want to retain a slim chance of catching Ealing we have to get the full monty of points here. Mond won’t give up and will push us all the way. 

Edit: re Notts v Cov Coventry still have not won away this season!. 

Edited by Donnyknightfan - 09 Feb 2022 at 19:52
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 13:28

Pirates     5 - 0 London Scottish I do not think LS will get much change out of this game

Ealing      5 - 0 Bedford Bedford lacking consistency and Ealing are quality

Hartpury    4 - 1 Jersey Tough one to call going with Home win

Nottingham  2 - 2 Coventry Calling a draw so unlikely to pan out that way

Richmond    0 - 5 Doncaster This is going to be a tough one, I am travelling down for this game, to enjoy the southern balmy weather, and a very tight match that the Knights will eventually break free of the grips of Richmond, let their fitness shine through and capitalise in the last quarter.

Edited by castleparknight - 10 Feb 2022 at 13:29
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 16:25
Pirates     5 - 0 London Scottish … Sorry LS, but can't see anything else.
Ealing      5 - 1 Bedford … Ironically, this could just be the game that Bedford need. They will be expected to lose, so no pressure and could thrive in that environment. High scoring this one.
Hartpury    1 - 4 Jersey … Really tough game to predict. You just don't know what you are going to get with Hartpury. Reds playing better now and the penalty count is starting to fall. If they can stay on the right side of the whistle again, I fancy them to win.
Nottingham 1 - 5 Coventry … Cov to break their away duck for the season. 2 sides who have known and will do again, better fortunes.
Richmond    1 - 5 Doncaster … Game of the week this. I can see sparks flying up front. Donny to show why they are title challengers.

Good luck all.
Tackle Low!!!!!
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 01:44
PIRATES 5-0 SCOTTISH
EALING 5-1 BEDFORD
HARTPURY 1-5 JERSEY
NOTTINGHAM 0-5 COVENTRY
RICHMOND 5-2 DONCASTER
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 08:02
Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 London Scottish
Ealing 5 - 0 Bedford
Hartpury 1 - 4 Jersey
Nottingham 0 - 4 Coventry
Richmond 1 - 5 Doncaster.
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 11:48
Nottingham v Coventry is tonight, Friday, ko 7.45pm
John Butler
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 12:56
Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 London Scottish - no other result happening here.
Ealing 5 - 0 Bedford - Ealing at home too tough for an out of form Bedford.
Hartpury 4 - 1 Jersey - Hartpury played very tough last week in the second half, and I suspect that that will carry over.
Nottingham 4 - 1 Coventry - I've seen coventry twice, and am very unconvinced, especially with all of the injury problems that I hear about on this board.
Richmond 3 - 3 Doncaster - In respect of CC's usual prediction, why not?
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 13:00

starting XV for Ealing - I like this team sheet. Ealing has rotated heavily, but in a way that gets game time for veterans, and not just 'getting the kids in'. Also, Ben Ward has kept Rayn Smid on the field. He is central to Ealing's shape and structure. Excited to see a few new recruits in the 23 as well, and hope they get some game time. This should be more than enough to see off Blues.

1. Dylan Smith

2. Jan-Henning Campher

3. George Davis

4. Simon Linsell

5. Harry Casson

6. Len Massyn

7. Simon Uzokwe

8. Rayn Smid (C)

9. Craig Hampson

10. Steven Shingler

11. Angus Kernohan

12. Matt Gordon

13. Max Bodilly

14. Cian Kelleher

15. Luke Daniels

Replacements

16. Shaun Malton

17. James Gibbons

18. Jimmy Roots

19. Bobby De Wee

20. James Cannon

21. Jordan Burns

22. Craig Willis

23. Izaiha Moore-Aiono

Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 13:18

Pirates     5 - 0 London Scottish - Any other result will be a shock

Ealing      5 - 0 Bedford - Likewise

Hartpury    4 - 1 Jersey - Very close call here . . just on home advantage

Nottingham  4 - 1 Coventry . . just with home advantage

Richmond    0 - 5 Doncaster  - a spirited game from Richmond but Donny just too organised.

Run with it
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 14:20
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Nottingham 4 - 1 Coventry - I've seen coventry twice, and am very unconvinced, especially with all of the injury problems that I hear about on this board.

Edited by Whistle watcher - 11 Feb 2022 at 16:47
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 15:54
Cornish Pirates 5 London Scottish 0
Ealing 5 Bedford 0
Hartpury 1 Jersey 4
Nottingham 0 Coventry 4
Richmond 1 Doncaster 5
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 17:18

Hartpury    1 - 4 Jersey

Nottingham  4 - 1 Coventry

Richmond    4 - 1 Doncaster 

Bonus 5 points for correct Hartpury game 

OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 19:56
Nottingham 0 - 7 Coventry 7 mins
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 20:00
Nottingham 5 -7 Coventry. Conv missed 13 mins
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 20:01
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Nottingham 0 - 7 Coventry 7 mins
Josh Bainbridge Try conv - why on earth Jersey did not retain him I'll never know- as good as anyone in this league imo
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic