National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Relegation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamatrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relegation
    Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 19:56
Will National 2 North have to absorb both Hull & Leeds Tykes for season 23/24?
If so how?

tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 20:00
Someone will probably have to go west, Chester probably although South might be less miles to travel.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 07:18
Perhaps Henley & Dorking go west
So many Christians not enough Lions
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 08:49
Originally posted by Jamatrad Jamatrad wrote:

If so how?

Yes, unless either Club calls it a day (Yorkshire Clubs have been wondering which one might go first).

Chester are already expecting to make way should both stay with us.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 09:13
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

If so how?

Yes, unless either Club calls it a day (Yorkshire Clubs have been wondering which one might go first).

Yes, I too have heard various rumours but without any solid varification.

There are rumours again of the two Hull clubs merging, whilst few see the point of Leeds continuing. No assets, no ground, relying on students to field a side etc.

Also whats happening with Otley. A good season on the pitch but supposedly they have sold CXross Greem for a retirement home / villager but with no signs of their proposed new ground or indeed, the Otley by pass.

Anyone with more solid information?

Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 09:47
Perhaps Worthing before Dorking
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 10:42
The implication of last summer’s restructure was that every summer the Leagues would be redrawn on the basis of distance, dependent on promotion and relegation. It could be very difficult to predict how that will play out unless you have the RFU Competitions Map. I have a Roman Road Map of England, that might help!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 10:50
Which sides will come up to Nat2, maybe there's another side from that well known west country county Leicestershire?Wink
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 12:51
Dudley Kingswinford
Cambourne

Wimbledon
Westcombe Park

Billingham
Lymn

If I get time I will do some maps. But I do need to do some real work.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Red over White View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 13:27
Originally posted by Fly Half Fly Half wrote:

If so how?

There are rumours again of the two Hull clubs merging, whilst few see the point of Leeds continuing. No assets, no ground, relying on students to field a side etc.

Also whats happening with Otley. A good season on the pitch but supposedly they have sold CXross Greem for a retirement home / villager but with no signs of their proposed new ground or indeed, the Otley by pass.

Anyone with more solid information?

Otley are likely to be at Cross Green for (yet) another season.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 14:03
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Dudley Kingswinford
Cambourne

Wimbledon
Westcombe Park

Billingham
Lymn

Come on Camquin, you know your real work is on here!
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 14:18
Well, at the end of the 21-22 campaign we survived to spend another season playing in the north, but I always knew it was just a case of when, not if, we would be transferred west.

I hope we can keep the team together, but I can't blame any of the lads if the travelling south every other weekend is a step too far.  One of the other regulars I spoke to at the last home game reckons we'll be doing roughly double the milage from this year's campaign - how true this I don't know, but we'd be looking at having to stay overnight for a few.

Keeping my fingers crossed for another reprieve, I can't see one coming this time though Cry
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 15:39
The Leicester Lions were apprehensive when they first went south and then west, but it has stood the side in good stead experience wise for next season in National 1, at least the travelling won't be a shock, even if the step up in the level of rugby is.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 16:00
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Dudley Kingswinford
Cambourne

Wimbledon
Westcombe Park

Billingham
Lymn

It’s Camborne.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 16:22
Of course, it is, that is my Cambridgeshire fingers doing the typing.
Sweeney Delenda Est
ParkBench View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkBench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 17:16
And Lymm
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 20:34

Sweeney Delenda Est
Jasper99 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 21:49

I'm confused at how with no assets Leeds have managed to survive. How could they afford Phil Davies plus Proctor plus Callard? How could they afford the travel costs? How could they afford some very good players including Okafor and Venables and a couple of late season Bath loanee recruits?

Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 07:38
Jasper,

yes, its a very confusing story. They had to leave Headingley and now rent facilities at West Park Leeds - to be fair, good facilities including training, first team pitch and a large clubhouse. I only attended one home game, where they announced a crowd of some 1500 but the true attendance was 500 at most.

Next season travelling costs will be drastically reduced but they seem to be relying on a couple of local sponsors to meet the costs of rent,travel and players/coaches. I believe Callard has now gone.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 08:29
Originally posted by Jasper99 Jasper99 wrote:

I'm confused at how with no assets Leeds have managed to survive. How could they afford Phil Davies plus Proctor plus Callard? How could they afford the travel costs? How could they afford some very good players including Okafor and Venables and a couple of late season Bath loanee recruits?

Jasper,
Your quote above was from Fly Half.

I have heard no more rumour about the 2 Hull Clubs merging. It is not on the cards.
All Knwoing All Seeing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic