National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2024/5 Squad size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2024/5 Squad size
    Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 16:15
Ealing have posted their entire senior / first team squad on the website . It shows 51 players !. I was under the impression that it had been vastly reduced for the forth coming season . There are going to be a lot of players who will get minimum game time , unless they are loaned out to other clubs. 
I am a great believer in tried and tested combinations over many matches to enable players to understand and work with players around them. 
Scrum half and fly half.
Centre partnerships
Front row
Etc
One of the key ones is a hooker throwing in to lineout jumpers. The timing, accuracy and knowledge of multiple calls.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 16:54
Donny have a full time squad size of 30 plus 4 academy players.  We are looking to bring in two more players.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 21:11
Since the Blues forum has disappeared it is hard to work out the Blues squad but I believe we have announced half an Ealing Squad of 26 so far. I think there are a couple more to be announced before some Saints DRs.

Friday is the first friendly so we’ll find out a bit more on Thursday.

Saints have a squad of 57 and one of the players I just spotted is Sonny Tonga ‘uiha, wonder if we will see the son play for the club his dad started to make a name for himself!

Edited by The Blues - 20 Aug 2024 at 21:17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic