National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

ECPR moving from TNT to Premier Sport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ECPR moving from TNT to Premier Sport
    Posted: 14 Aug 2024 at 21:48
I see the European cup games have now been bought by Premier Sports, moving from TNT sports. Another kick in the gonads for rugby supporters and more expense. Angry 
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2024 at 21:59
https://www.theoffsideline.com/premier-sports-champions-challenge-cups/?cookie-state-change=1723668929454

There are some interesting quotes in there. 

The clubs, who thought they could run the European competitions, better than the national bodies are sliding further away from both increasing revenue and TV viewers. 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 07:45
I watch the welsh teams on TV and Saints in person (and less often Bedford).

This really suits me.

It is odd to turn away from the biggest market but as I read it TNT didn't want to pay for the European games anymore.

Edited by Paul10 - 15 Aug 2024 at 08:00
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 08:12
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

Another kick in the gonads for rugby supporters and more expense. Angry 
Only for English rugby supporters.  Premier Sport already have the URC, so all of the Welsh, Scottish & Irish supporters are probably relieved that they don't have to buy a second subscription to watch European competitions.  Plus, I believe that Premier Sport is available for £10.99/ month, so considerably cheaper than TNT or Sky.  They also have the Top 14, so loads of quality rugby every week (and the URC Wink)
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 13:02
It's no longer a European competition and no longer has a sensible format so for me (as a SKY & TNT viewer with plenty of other rugby to watch) it's a no-brainer to wave goodbye to an increasingly absurd tournament.   
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 14:32
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

It's no longer a European competition and no longer has a sensible format so for me (as a SKY & TNT viewer with plenty of other rugby to watch) it's a no-brainer to wave goodbye to an increasingly absurd tournament.   

I quite agree - I won't be subscribing to Premier Sports although I do miss the top14 matches since they left sky.

You have to draw a line in the sand and this development has crossed that line in my opinion.
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic