National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Decision on promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decision on promotion
    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 07:59
According to The Rugby Paper, the decision on Doncaster and Ealing promotion eligibility is due on Tuesday. I can't see how they could fail Doncaster given the facilities at Castle Park. Interestingly, the article says that Ealing wants to use Vallis Way, and not a groundshare - doesn't match the rumors that I've heard, but that was a few months ago. Castlebar Park, which is the nearest public transport, is not really fit for purpose.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 12:09
I shall await with anticipation - seems to have taken a long time
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 13:24
...also, what a bizarre coincidence that Castle Park is the Knight's home, and the closest train station to Ealing's home ground (maybe a 125 meter walk) is Castlebar Park.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 14:31
There is a rumour that another route into the Trailfinders ground is in with planning. There is also talk of building a seating stand the length of the pitch opposite the existing main stand . This will mean the loss of the second floodlit 3 G pitch which will also be used for parking.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 14:43
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

There is a rumour that another route into the Trailfinders ground is in with planning. There is also talk of building a seating stand the length of the pitch opposite the existing main stand . This will mean the loss of the second floodlit 3 G pitch which will also be used for parking.

Hmmm...there is already a gate with a small ticket booth on the Castlebar Park (west) side of the ground which was usually open pre-pandemic, but has not been this year or last. I'd like to see that re-opened, as it saves me about ten minutes of walking and is closest to public transport for anyone coming by train. The loss of the 2nd floodlit 3G pitch would be a shame, but the only other option would be to knock down the grandstand, and that would take out c.500 existing seats. Will be interesting to see what is published tomorrow.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 16:13
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Hmmm...there is already a gate with a small ticket booth on the Castlebar Park (west) side of the ground which was usually open pre-pandemic, but has not been this year or last. I'd like to see that re-opened, as it saves me about ten minutes of walking and is closest to public transport for anyone coming by train. The loss of the 2nd floodlit 3G pitch would be a shame, but the only other option would be to knock down the grandstand, and that would take out c.500 existing seats. Will be interesting to see what is published tomorrow.

Do we know there'll be published results tomorrow? TRP says the applications being discussed by RFU Bd of Directors tomorrow, but whether that means there'll be anything issued straight away is another matter. The article also mentions a RFU Council meeting this Friday; possibly some matters will have to be rubber-stamped?
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 16:59
Good point Islander

Based on the previous audit at Castle Park which gave approval I will assume this one will be the same. But one never knows if the thought process has changed in the interim 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 18:01
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Good point Islander

Based on the previous audit at Castle Park which gave approval I will assume this one will be the same. But one never knows if the thought process has changed in the interim 

Indeed, I was basing my assumption on the article title 'Promotion hopefuls hear their fate on Tuesday'. I do not know if anything will be published, and don't have any alternative source of information on the announcement timing.

Edited by gerg_861 - 21 Feb 2022 at 18:02
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 18:36
Hopefully then everything below know what is happening
So many Christians not enough Lions
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 18:57
Just watch the Old Boys' Club shut up shop to keep the upstarts out....
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 19:34
Have you checked that the toilet cubicles lock properly and that the correct type of toilet flushers are used?

This is very important because the brick aided by the foot  to stop anyone else getting in, is frowned upon. 

Make sure that any cups or mugs are washed before serving the wine.

Sponges grow in the ocean. That just amazes me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 19:37
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

Hopefully then everything below know what is happening

I think there's unlikely to be certainty; even if both clubs pass the audit, neither one might finish top... Champ season could be alive until Ealing host the Pirates on 26/3, or possibly the final game for the current top 3 a week later.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 19:43
If Pirates should win the league (admittedly a long shot, but you never know) and could not be promoted would the team who finish second then be promoted of they passed the audit?
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 19:44
Originally posted by Stalwart Stalwart wrote:

If Pirates should win the league (admittedly a long shot, but you never know) and could not be promoted would the team who finish second then be promoted of they passed the audit?

I doubt it
RAID ON
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 20:09
Originally posted by Stalwart Stalwart wrote:

No. It’s a prerequisite for promotion that the club must have won the Championship.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 20:10
No, with the knock on down the leagues.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 20:24
Exactly. No point in diluting the Quality in the Prem when you can dilute it in National 2.
Sponges grow in the ocean. That just amazes me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 20:31
Redruth look a good bet for promotion to Nat 1
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 20:48
Bet they’re looking forward to the local derbies with Darlington & Caldy. Speaking of which what a season Caldy are having, which may end up in promotion to the Championship.

Edited by Rothman2 - 21 Feb 2022 at 20:48
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 21:08
Still a four horse race.
Redruth have been there before, in those days there was funding for travel.
But that went away.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic