National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Season so far.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Season so far.
    Posted: 3 hours 37 minutes ago at 15:49
Well the first 8 game block is done and dusted.

Would like to hear your opinions on how the season to date has gone for your team.

Will the teams who have done well so far continue their form or will a dark horse emerge from the pack?

A small gap has emerged at the bottom but for supporters of those teams do you still have optimism that the tide will turn?

The upper to middle end is looking rather congested now, so one good result propels you up whereas one bad result might drop you back down the table.

It’s a very competitive league that’s for sure and would appreciate your comments.
Laurel & Hardy joined the foreign legion. The commander asks Stan why he joined. Stan replied,
“I came to forget”.
“What did you want to forget?” asked the Commander.
Stan replied “ I forgot”.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 29 minutes ago at 16:57
This is a great league. My team started well but like every team goes though at some  point injuries have come to the fore, so the break has come at the right time. I would like us to finish top four. Rams have set the pace, with Richmond and Rotherham close on their heels. Surprised to see DMP at the bottom, who usually are competitive and strong at home. Who knows what the next 8 games will  have in store. Let's hope they will be injury free so all teams can field their strongest team.
On a personal note I hope my predictions will improve so I'm not in the relegation mire.😁
Cauliflower ear.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 13 minutes ago at 18:13
I’m happy at 5-3 which could have been 6-2 but for an incorrect call from an AR (which we have had an apology 🤬). Still stuff to work on but we have been competitive in most games except the second half in Birmingham when we seemed to switch off.
So many Christians not enough Lions
Storty View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 minutes ago at 19:10
Overall, pretty happy. After the first 4 games I feared the worst, especially the way Blackheath and Plymouth took us apart at home. However, the last 4 games have produced 12 points from 2 tough northern trips in Roth and Sedgley and 2 competitive losses to the top 2.

I think the new/old coach knows what he's doing and the players and buying in. Have been pretty injury ravaged and the fixtures have been tough so hoping the improvement continues as we finish the first half of the season.

Rotherham have been the stand out. To come up and win so many games is superb. Even better the one game they didn't turn up was Stortford!

Dings have been the biggest disappointment. Sold their soul to Bristol. Can't even find someone to update the matchday scores. They've added nothing to the league. 

Only other disappointment is how we have 2 unbeaten teams whilst the bottom 3 only have 2 wins between them. Usually anyone can beat anyone but there appears to be a bit of a gap opening up between the top and bottom. 
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 minutes ago at 19:22
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

I’m happy at 5-3 which could have been 6-2 but for an incorrect call from an AR (which we have had an apology 🤬). Still stuff to work on but we have been competitive in most games except the second half in Birmingham when we seemed to switch off.

Typical Scot!!! 😂😂😂
Give him one with handles on
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic