National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of the following results do you favour?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
80 [89.89%]
5 [5.62%]
1 [1.12%]
1 [1.12%]
2 [2.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promotion poll
    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 08:39
I would promote Falcons as they have been head and shoulders the best club this year but for wholly selfish reasons I would have a 13 club league next time around and promote the best two after playoffs. In reality I would leave it to those proper people at the RFU to untangle the gorgon's knot.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 13:29
CC a relegation poll alongside this would be useful
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 13:47
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

CC a relegation poll alongside this would be useful
And probably just as emphatic. In both instances, the "obvious " must happen. But let's wait and see, hope I'm wrong but something tells me it might not be quite so obvious to the RFU.
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:42
That is my fear too Guinness John - more slippery than a jellied eel.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 14:05
I think I will leave relegation to others to opine upon. I hope all clubs, players and supporters come through all this and I can watch rugby again next season.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 15:58
This may be pessimistic but I think the start of the season will be delayed. Everyday there is news that indicates we are in this for the long haul.

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 22:36
Falcons have been better than Irish and have had no one to challenge them and at worst they are curre 13 points ahead. Would they go and lost 2 or 3 games and Ealing/Pirates to go unbeaten? No!
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 22:57
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

This may be pessimistic but I think the start of the season will be delayed. Everyday there is news that indicates we are in this for the long haul.

Could be a long haul, unlike Ealing's legal case.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 09:33
I really struggle, as many others do, to side with Ealing's position.
If there is promotion & there should be, Newcastle by a country mile
John Butler
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 18:19
Very simple I know, so no chance of being done .   Promote and relegate on the current league positions, with the normal amount of places.   There will be had luck stories, hopefully not too many, they would have agreed if it had suited them.  There all done without involving the pools panel, lawyers, or Pythagoras. Anybody else as bored ?
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 19:24
Originally posted by Guinness John Guinness John wrote:

Very simple I know, so no chance of being done .   Promote and relegate on the current league positions, with the normal amount of places.   There will be had luck stories, hopefully not too many, they would have agreed if it had suited them.  There all done without involving the pools panel, lawyers, or Pythagoras. Anybody else as bored ?

Yes and no, I am able to get through a backlog of Super Rugby Recordings - rationing myself because I don't see any live sport happening before the end of May at the earliest.
RAID ON
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:35
I agree with Guinness John. Saracens and Newcastle Falcons switch positions. Saracens relegation is already a matter of record. And anyone that does not see Newcastle Falcons as worthy champions must live on a different planet. Yorkshire Carnegie must depart to National League 1 and be replaced by Richmond. You then work down the pyramid, take the leagues as they stand, and confirm the promotions and relegations accordingly. There will be hardships. Some clubs will feel lucky. Some will feel hard done by. But surely the problems pale into insignificance to what is going on in the big world.

But of course this plan is too simple for the likes of the RFU so it won’t happen.

In February I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Two weeks ago I underwent major surgery. I am now recovering but I am 70 with mild asthma. I am lucky enough to have my wife to look after me as I cannot visit or be visited by any one else in my family. I love my rugby and cannot believe the recent success of my old club, Ampthill. I therefore visit this forum regularly. But lately there is too much negativity. The fat cats at the RFU appear clueless and out of touch, whilst the fat cat solicitors seem to be imposing themselves everywhere. Shame on the RFU. And shame on the solicitors.

And apologies to all. A standard response turned into a rant. Rant over.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 14:46
Stay safe and get well soon Cherub 
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 14:52
Cheers, castleparknight. Living near Harrogate and the Doncaster v Ampthill game was one I had earmarked to go and see. I look forward to seeing you next season.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 08:20
I see that the Scottish Union have adopted the same policy as Wales, Ireland and Italy i.e. Season 2019/20 is classified as null & void, with no automatic promotion or relegation.

I think this leaves the RFU with one of two choices:
a) Follow the same lead as all of the other home nation Unions or;
b) Apply the Regs as they stood at the begining of the season.

Personally, I hope they settle for b).

Edited by Sid James - 01 Apr 2020 at 08:22
All Knwoing All Seeing
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:57
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

I see that the Scottish Union have adopted the same policy as Wales, Ireland and Italy i.e. Season 2019/20 is classified as null & void, with no automatic promotion or relegation.

I agree, is it may be possible that the other unions have no regs to cover this unlike the RFU?
RAID ON
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:26
In the rules if a game is abandoned after 60 mins the score stands if before  the game  has to be replayed
Why not adopt the same percentage  for the season
Dan Gleebles View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:48
Sarries down, Falcons up.
From Championship down no relegation (yes Leeds remain) 
From Nat 1 down current leaders promoted.
1 extra team per division excluding Prem. 
Sorted.
The Perfect Ten View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Perfect Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:54
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

I agree, is it may be possible that the other unions have no regs to cover this unlike the RFU?

What do the RFU Regulations say which specifically covers this type of situation?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 13:37
13.1.6 I believe - basically give the RFU the power to decide what to do.
It specificaly permits them to decide on the outcome of matches that cannot be played but which would affect promotion and relegation.

It is intended for the case where the sie in second place has an unplayed match against the bottom side that has not won all season.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic