National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Waterloo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 105>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldToScrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 09:21
Potentially there will be a team!
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 10:23
Would imagine the newbies go straight in...
2 new props & rylance
Weare plus one in the seconds
International back row of...
Tindall/Argentinian/ Bulgarian or an Irishman

9,Warmsley/Roberts/Williams
10 Reeve
12 Cunningham/Gee
13 Robbins/Gee
Back 3...who knows, lavelle at fb & some speed ont wings.
Crowe, doc out for 2/3weeks still & the lad from sedge another month on top of that.
Whoever takes the field will be competitive...COYGB

Edited by Loo fighters - 31 Aug 2016 at 10:29
Family-Rugger-Beer...
mightypen View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightypen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:12
Gooid luck Mark Rylance re starting career with Loo after your serious health problems
Scrumspawn View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 22:13
Originally posted by Collapsingmaul Collapsingmaul wrote:

Do we have any news on potential team for saturday
Yes, it would be nice to know if we intend to fulfill this fixture before I drive halfway across the country.
You’re not trying to manipulate me, are you? Only I’m notoriously gullible.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:41
Originally posted by Scrumspawn Scrumspawn wrote:

Originally posted by Collapsingmaul Collapsingmaul wrote:

Do we have any news on potential team for saturday

Yes, it would be nice to know if we intend to fulfill this fixture before I drive halfway across the country.

Take yr boots mate, just in case...
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:41
Is there really a risk that a national league 3 club will not be able to raise a side to fulfil the first league fixture of the season?

That is a worrying thought - whatever the club and whatever the reasons. 

Obviously there would be a sanction, probably loss of league points and they can also order that Waterloo's fixture with Doncaster be swapped so Doncaster get the home game they have lost.

If their is a repeat, they could even be excluded. 

Unthinkable surely for a club with Waterloo's pedigree.

Sweeney Delenda Est
The gym swissball View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The gym swissball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:32
No there is no risk that they wont be able to put a team out - just worrying as to what team it is and who will be in it and the knock on effect it will have lower down the club. Backs wise I am sure we will still be useful going forwards whoever plays, more than a little concerned with what we have up front though.
Who guards the guards?
The Shadow View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:49
I think there's no doubt Loo will put a team together. What I don't get, and this will probably be the frustration of members and players of the club, is the turnaround from recent seasons. From the outside JLO has done a great job over the last few seasons to turn with respect a club clinging on to life at level 5 to one knocking on the door of level 4. It seems a crazy reverse of a situation from the end of last season to a few months later Loo trawling the north west this week for second/third XV players. Does not seem like a great plan or strategy to move things on from JLOs teams performances. I hope I'm wrong and Mr Turner has a cunning plan. It would be a great shame if Loo end up at level 6 out of the national leagues at the end of the season just 30 seasons on from being in the very top structure.

Good luck to all at Loo and here's to a great season ahead.

Edited by The Shadow - 01 Sep 2016 at 14:02
WHO IS THAT IN THE SHADOWS
RumbleintheBlundell View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleintheBlundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 13:18
Abysmal mis management. This should never have happened and the board should offer their resignation if the club are unable to fulfil a first team fixture in the opening weekend or even send a junior, inexperienced team.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 13:53
The Jlo thing has been flogged to death. Rightly or wrongly, he's gone, let's get on & support the new man, new team, new circumstances...we'll be OK. Just to pull up "the shadow" regarding second XV players....nothing has changed there, for the most part Jlo found players from 2nds & lower leagues & helped them show others what exactly they could do, one man's trash etc... I expect a strong performance on Sat afternoon, I think the lack of game time together will be their only problem...oh & phoenix of course. COYGB
Family-Rugger-Beer...
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 16:33
think you have signed Declan McClements from Caldy front row.decent  player but was 6th choice at Caldy
is it stours year yet
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:27
Originally posted by pen 15 pen 15 wrote:

think you have signed Declan McClements from Caldy front row.decent  player but was 6th choice at Caldy

This lad could quite possibly thrive at Loo given a chance...
Family-Rugger-Beer...
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 18:15
Originally posted by Loo fighters Loo fighters wrote:

2 more considering I hear

is it stours year yet
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 18:33

From caldy ?
Family-Rugger-Beer...
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 19:27

From caldy ?
believe so ,due to 1st team opportunity
is it stours year yet
L33 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:22

From caldy ?

The season has not even started yet 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 13:50

From caldy ?

Cool, point em in our direction...
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:26
£75 a game?
mightypen View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightypen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:46
That all ? get up thenribble valley for some real dosh
RumbleintheBlundell View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleintheBlundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:36
Loo F - appreciate the JLo thing has been flogged to death and the club has to move on but what exactly is the ambition? It appears the club will simply saitisfied with survival this season. Going into yesterday's game, there was discussion that we may not be able to field a team at Doncaster. I understand that the third team also had to concede their first fixture of the season this follows the 4th team being disbanded over the summer. From a 3rd place finish last season with a strong squad for the league, the club appear to be lacking any ambition. How the once mighty have fallen - we are now recruiting 6th choice props from Caldy!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 105>
  Share Topic