National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Waterloo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waterloo
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:05
Wanted to see if anyone has any news relating to Loo. A new topic means we don't hog the other ones (which I know people love!)

Any team news for this weekend?
Thread Pillager
taniwha View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taniwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 18:29
I'm thinking..... There must be some news of Waterloo?? Wink
It takes the beaks of SEVEN penguins to make a single Penguin biscuit.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 18:53
The 18:15 is running late.
Sweeney Delenda Est
lydiate lass View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lydiate lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 22:09
er... it kicks off at 2pm and I other than that know no more than you at this stage Sten. See you there? If I can tear myself away from the olympics that is!

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 00:40
Originally posted by taniwha taniwha wrote:

I'm thinking..... There must be some news of Waterloo?? Wink

Napoleon lost?
RAID ON
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 07:05
Napoleon did surrender, according to the song...
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 19:24
Congratulations to Newport on their victory today..albeit against a near 2nd/colts XI. Well deserved all the same & good luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by Loo fighters - 14 Aug 2016 at 10:09
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 11:24
Originally posted by Loo fighters Loo fighters wrote:

Congratulations to Newport on their victory today..albeit against a near 2nd/colts XI. Well deserved all the same & good luck for the rest of the season.

It's no wonder they lost then playing XI v XV LOL
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:40
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

It's no wonder they lost then playing XI v XV LOL

Haha....yeah, still in cricket mode, although it did look like at times, but as many as 10 firsts missing yesterday.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Collapsingmaul View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collapsingmaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 18:47
I didn't manage to catch the game yesterday.How did the game go despite the result,who from last years squad played,did the new signings play,who impressed.
TooOldToScrum View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldToScrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 15:25
Sten, News at Loo, Dan King posted on Linked in advertising for Front Row and 2nd Row players offering accommodation, help finding a job and match fees.

I think the need was obvious at last Saturdays pre season game inspite protestations form DoR on Facebook saying that there were 9 First Teamers out.  I think the question is will they be back?

Edited by TooOldToScrum - 18 Aug 2016 at 15:34
TooOldToScrum View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldToScrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 15:35
The result refelected the game.

They got mullered
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 16:48
Originally posted by TooOldToScrum TooOldToScrum wrote:

The result refelected the game.

They got mullered

They did indeed get mullered, in the scrum especially. I was told 10 players missing but most were backs so the need up front was obvious.
On the bright side some good young talent on show, Radcliffe at 13 was the standout along with the boy at 9 & blonde chap playing 7. Best summer signing Mr Reeve was back pulling the strings & Jack Weare was Mr reliable even at 4 but was missed in the back row where I thought the new lad @ 8 was more than steady. As I've said before, the sun hasn't fallen out of the sky at Loo, but maybe the clouds have dimmed it's brightness...for now anyway. COYGB.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collapsingmaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 17:20
Its always great to hear of young talent coming through,johny roberts i believe is the young 9s name.who played front row,did david gairns play many minutes,i heard we had signed an ex scottish premiership loosehead from fylde,how did he do?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 17:53
Originally posted by Collapsingmaul Collapsingmaul wrote:

Its always great to hear of young talent coming through,johny roberts i believe is the young 9s name.who played front row,did david gairns play many minutes,i heard we had signed an ex scottish premiership loosehead from fylde,how did he do?

Mustn't have played, front row got creamed for most of the game. Gairns played majority of the game.. A number of colts & 2's/3rds so result was understandable but certainly not the end if the world.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collapsingmaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 18:00
New coach he likely has his own way of doing things such as scrummaging being an ex international tighthead.i wouldn't go writing every player off just yet,i doubt it was just the front row getting dicked if indeed it was a young pack 2-3 xv i imagine the opposition had a significant weight advantage across the whole pack.roll on when universities come back
mightypen View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightypen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 23:21
Waterloo offering accommodation match fees and jobs well I never......
Scottish prem prop from Fylde read Liam launders
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 08:19
It would appear that players at Nat 3 level now expect to be recompensed in some way - and many of the clubs are willing to risk financial meltdown in order to survive at that level. I am aware that at least one club has now resisted this trend but only time will tell whether or not it will survive.

How many clubs in the current N3N DON'T pay?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 09:35

Originally posted by Collapsingmaul Collapsingmaul wrote:

Mustn't have played, front row got creamed for most of the game. Gairns played majority of the game.. A number of colts & 2's/3rds so result was understandable but certainly not the end if the world.

Having just see his mugshot, I believe he was playing. Could be wrong but didn't he come off injured?
Family-Rugger-Beer...
SilverFox1 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverFox1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:27
Originally posted by Bigmal Bigmal wrote:

It would appear that players at Nat 3 level now expect to be recompensed in some way - and many of the clubs are willing to risk financial meltdown in order to survive at that level. I am aware that at least one club has now resisted this trend but only time will tell whether or not it will survive.

How many clubs in the current N3N DON'T pay?

Bigmal... Lymm have never, and I hope and pray will never provide recompense to players, apart from covering the odd train journey for students but I believe our coach usually dips into his own pocket for this. We simply wouldn't be able to sustain it, we're a tiny village with very little by the way of major sponsorship and no sugar daddy to note. The money that is sometimes very generously donated to the club is almost always invested straight back into maintaining our facilities.

I'm led to believe Wirral are a similar set up. I think both Lymm and Wirral benefit from strong links with their respective local schools and rely heavily on a lot of home grown players. 
"You don't like to see hookers going down on players like that." - Murray Mexted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>
  Share Topic