National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 115>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 23:10

I understand that Kendal will be level transferred back to their "natural" league - N1W.

They were the only club to volunteer.

Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 09:01
Originally posted by Maroon Maroon wrote:

I understand that Kendal will be level transferred back to their "natural" league - N1W.

I'm sure I remember in the anals of history (probably means heresay then) that if you volunteer to level transfer its only for one season?
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 09:21
Surely as it is their home league they do not need to volunteer.
The presumption is all clubs play in their home league.
They automatically go back before you start thinking about the need for level transfers.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 09:35
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Originally posted by Maroon Maroon wrote:

I'm sure I remember in the anals of history (probably means heresay then) that if you volunteer to level transfer its only for one season?

It is technically. Once the season is ended, you default back to your "home" league. However if gaps still need to be filled then you can either volunteer to go again or stay where you are for 2 years.
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 10:30
That's correct Rob, but there is an override where a club staying in a given league makes a perverse difference from a travel perspective. For example, Thurrock would have been hard pressed to justify staying in Lon 1 S this season even though they volunteered to stay south the season before. The overall balance of Lon 1 S had moved south and west. As it turned out, Thurrock decided to head back north to the bosom of plenty of other Essex clubs in Lon 1 N, and good luck to them as they are a great club.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 14:35
Well if the rumours are true about getting rugby started when possible  without tackling,without scrums and without mauls.... all they need to do next is take away the ball and set up 30 tables and chairs on the pitch and get the players to talk about what they want for Christmas!!!!

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 11 May 2020 at 14:37
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 07:36
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Well if the rumours are true about getting rugby started when possible  without tackling,without scrums and without mauls.... all they need to do next is take away the ball and set up 30 tables and chairs on the pitch and get the players to talk about what they want for Christmas!!!!

So basically turn it into tag rugby league then?

Let's hope this is all nonsense and we'll all be back to normal by july.
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 08:04
Well you can't have tag as you are not social distancing. Everybody spreads wide and if somebody gets within 2 metres before you pass the ball is turned over  But 20 metres away before pass off

Not🏉🏉🏉🏉
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:11
Lots of comments on this proposal in the Championship section - complete joke in my opinion (the proposal Not the Championship! 😂😂) 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 17:32
Restricted individual training now permitted at clubs who are willing to open their facilities...its a start at least!

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 16 May 2020 at 17:32
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 20:57
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Restricted individual training now permitted at clubs who are willing to open their facilities...its a start at least!

Promising news that indicates next season should start as normal at least.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:27
Havant Tony & Robb
I fear you are dreaming!?
Is there a sport around less suited to a resumption? As usual it is fuelled by greed and money - the sport is not alone, Premier League, England cricketers back training and yet we can't have our family in our back garden
How many personnel required for a Premiership game of rugby to go ahead? 100 minimum, I would guess - all going back to THEIR families all over the country - what's more likely to spread the virus do you think?
Even less likely that lower levels will get the go-ahead - just 1 virus contraction from any 1 particular game and the whole game will shut down again and we'll be back to Square 1- God forbid there's a resultant death which may result in litigation against the RFU for allowing the game to restart
Much as I love my rugby I have said on a number of different threads, shut up shop and resume when it is safe to do so and stop dreaming up quasi-fantasy rugby modes with non-contact rules. We'll be back when we're back playing rugby as it should be played, no holds barred
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 13:02
World Rugby RTP guidelines on Covid-19 is an interesting read.  You can probably skip to page 13 and start from there if you're looking for info relating to training and match play.    

Clearly they'll be adapted by each country, but the detail included gives an indication of the scale of changes in training practices, travel and all the rest that we're likely to see on any initial return.

I just can't see it being September.  If we get any sort of second wave in the Autumn I'd be surprised if it's January.  I'd love to be wrong.

https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/covid-19

Edited by BruceElliott - 17 May 2020 at 13:03
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 15:49
That bloke
You seem to have read a hell of a lot into my post about the RFU allowing training to commence if clubs are willing to open their facilities!
NOT DREAMING !!!...just pointing out the fact that things are moving all be it in very tentative steps
premiership talking about a july restart seems mad to me unless every player has the antibody test,but that's not a guarantee against secondary infection I believe
Who knows when we'll  see rugby again, some huge decisions  to be made and I dont envy the people making them at all

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 18 May 2020 at 18:35
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 20:46
Interesting RFU plans for the re start of rugby for the 2020/21 season
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 16:14
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 19:17
Irish-Welsh derby looks tasty for the opener in L1S!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 22:03
Robb
I wouldn't  count on that game going ahead....rumours going round that October  is a possible  start for the season at the earliest...but as I say they are only rumours🙄
paddym View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:56
Why only 15 teams in L1S?
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:03
There are 14 - seven in each conference.  Everyone gets two bye weekends in phase one, hence 28 matchdays for 26 fixtures.

Edited by Mark W-J - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 115>
  Share Topic