National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 115>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:53
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

There are 14 - seven in each conference.  Everyone gets two bye weekends in phase one, hence 28 matchdays for 26 fixtures.

Cheers Mark. Counted it and only saw one bye!! Thought it
was a bit strange!
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 22:45
That’s a relief - I thought the RFU knew something about Cornish I didnt with that opening round!!
touchlineexpert View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote touchlineexpert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 13:38
Looking like a brilliant league this year, conference or no conference!!
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 21:39
Oh well...we all sort of guessed this was coming...SEASON OVER  before it has even begun  RFU has made this decision today!!!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 13:18
Hearing that a mini league is on the cards for Us against Brighton,  Haywards heath ,Horsham, Guildford and Chichester with a look to a POSSIBLE start in January ! not sure of the rules involving scrums and mauls though !!!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 16:59
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Hearing that a mini league is on the cards for Us against Brighton,  Haywards heath ,Horsham, Guildford and Chichester with a look to a POSSIBLE start in January ! not sure of the rules involving scrums and mauls though !!!</span>

I wouldn't think there would be any.
RAID ON
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 17:34
I think they would use the same law variant as Women's Premier 15s are.
Sweeney Delenda Est
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 19:58
CQ, apparently not! Zero Scrums and Mauls is on the agenda. Not 100% sure what the difference between the Rules applied to the Allianz 15s with no testing and Squads mainly made up of players who have jobs elsewhere and you know, just like all the other Clubs from Nat 1. down....
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 20:44
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

CQ, apparently not! Zero Scrums and Mauls is on the agenda. Not 100% sure what the difference between the Rules applied to the Allianz 15s with no testing and Squads mainly made up of players who have jobs elsewhere and you know, just like all the other Clubs from Nat 1. down....

I can see the no scrums being possible but what are you meant to do after a lineout?  After the jumper has caught it, retreat 5 metres or something? Penalty if you try to maul?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 21:12
Don't  know what the contact law amendments would be in these proposed mini local rugby clusters..suppose RFU and Government would have to come up with something.One thing for sure is the fact it wouldnt be Rugby as we know it but  as long as it's safe anything competitive would be welcome after what seems like forever of nothing at all
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 22:13
It ain't gonna happen Havant Tony - you've answered your own question with the words "as long as it's safe" Nothing is safe any more - I wish it was different believe me but this is merely contingency planning just as it was when we were led to believe Leagues would be starting in October and fixture lists were put out. On a slightly different tack I don't think it helps anyone's understanding of the severity of the situation when we are shown endless shots of footballers jumping all over one another on the highlights programmes after every goal is scored. Why should our kids behave any differently when they see that? 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 16:16
www.londoncornishrfc.com/news/fantasy-leagues-2585492.html

Click on the link, than click on News and the article is listed - not sure why I can't get the link to work directly?!

Edited by DICKON - 18 Nov 2020 at 16:30
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 17:21
Good article Dickon 
I expect our Rugby fix will be mainly on the box for the foreseeable future if these proposed local clusters dont materialise, but as we all know it's not a patch on watching the game at our level .  Being that I wont be pasty thieving next season at Cornish!  I Will be hoping that Cornish will finish top of the mini exiles league in London 1 south...after all you lot are still ENGLISH like it or not !😁
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 17:31
Fighting talk Tony, fighting talk! Wink
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 17:58
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

www.londoncornishrfc.com/news/fantasy-leagues-2585492.html

Click on the link, than click on News and the article is listed - not sure why I can't get the link to work directly?!

Maybe because your internet security is marking it as a dangerous page (that's what mine is doing with Cornish's site)
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 18:15
No he has a trailing blank space encoded as a %20

Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 18:19
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

Fighting talk Tony, fighting talk! Wink
LOL🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 18 Nov 2020 at 18:20
Vuarnet View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vuarnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:21
And I thought the thread had caught Covid! Now I see its still running then what is not to like. Got the article and agree it probably it will be next year before the show begins but in the meantime there is always free flowing touch games once we get out of the latest spate of restrictions. Hoping to renew acquaintances with everyone as soon as is safe. Till then...

Best Vuarnet
Allez les bleus!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 20:33
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:13
This weeks Amateur Rugby Podcast link. It's me!

https://www.amateurrugbypodcast.com/

Edited by DICKON - 11 Dec 2020 at 15:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 115>
  Share Topic