National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 115>
Author
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NW Rugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 17:08
Where did you hear about HAC? That's a shame as South Woodham Ferrers looked like they got a stuffing!
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 17:47
Originally posted by NW Rugger NW Rugger wrote:

Where did you hear about HAC? That's a shame as South Woodham Ferrers looked like they got a stuffing!

From a player at HAC!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 17:59
Perhaps Sudbury get a reprieve. 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:44
No Pistacio - its all confirmed now (see SWF RFC website). South Woodham Ferrers promoted as HAC apparently fielded an ineligible player in the Play Off, thereby forfeiting the match. What would have happened if SWF decided they didnt want the promotion is a more interesting question however...
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:22
well they won't have far to travel for the majority of their fixtures. good luck to them. 

I would be interested in keeping a level 6 discussion open if the Mods are happy to?
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 13:33
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

No Pistacio - its all confirmed now (see SWF RFC website). South Woodham Ferrers promoted as HAC apparently fielded an ineligible player in the Play Off, thereby forfeiting the match. What would have happened if SWF decided they didnt want the promotion is a more interesting question however...

They probably would have just given a reprieve to Sudbury a la London Welsh.
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 13:45
If barking had a few points under their belt they could have got their second reprieve in 2 years! 

I have been told by a friend this afternoon that Thurrock have elected to go south. Perhaps they fancy their chances a bit better there. They will be missed. Great committee and good team to play. 

DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 13:56
Yep Thurrock have volunteered to head south, though they may have been sent that way anyway on the mileage basis. New Head Coach there, so am guessing they will be aiming high and as you say, may fancy their chances. Adds another new club for me to visit in the summer months as I continue my off season habit of visiting all the grounds we will be playing the next season that I have never been to before (I cant stand the summer - am like a rudderless ship with no rugby to anchor the week!!)
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 14:49

Yep Thurrock have volunteered to head south, though they may have been sent that way anyway on the mileage basis. New Head Coach there, so am guessing they will be aiming high and as you say, may fancy their chances. Adds another new club for me to visit in the summer months as I continue my off season habit of visiting all the grounds we will be playing the next season that I have never been to before (I cant stand the summer - am like a rudderless ship with no rugby to anchor the week!!)

Dickon. It wont be long mate. Time will fly by. Be positive. We have The Lions, Home nations tours,  plenty of 7's tournos, Southern Hemisphere competitions, and loads of time filling in these blogs to keep us all going, until late August then the pre-season friendlys ko. Withdrawal symptoms will be tested but not quite cold turkey.!! 
Fezantplucker
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 16:18
True FAP - I tend to fill my time with player recruitment too, which I have already started!
Athman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 08:38
I believe that the Level 6 transfers have now been sorted subject to the pointless and doomed to fail appeals.

Lutterworth and Melbourne are moving from Midlands One East to Midlands One West and Stratford join Banbury in South West One East.

Apologies for the now incorrect information on Bugbrooke.
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 22:44
LS1  Looks like a cracking League  next season 

Not a bad team there to be fair apart from ChiConfused

GG
Truwblue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truwblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:47
Nice one Gareth! Getting the Anti-Chi digs in already....
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:42
One bad apple who has been plucked and discarded, so lets hope Chi can redeem themselves and get rid of the 'bad guys' tag. Not a bad side otherwise and time is a healer.Ermm
Fezantplucker
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 22:04
Fixtures are out so enjoy the anticipation.

I'm going for 

Medway 
Chi
Brighton
Havant

Mid Table for Tottonians this year.

GG

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 08:06
Originally posted by Gareth Gareth wrote:

LS1  Looks like a cracking League  next season 

Not a bad team there to be fair apart from ChiConfused

GG

Gravesend....? Ermm
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:21
As the only club in Lon 1 S never to have played at that level before, its an honour for us to be involved with so many prestigious clubs in the league!
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:19

As the only club in Lon 1 S never to have played at that level before, its an honour for us to be involved with so many prestigious clubs in the league!

Having reffed and played you guys, looking forward to seeing you at Fowlers Wells.

My top 4 are:

Havant
Chichester
Cobham
Thurrock

Maidstone and Brighton to fight for survival.

It's a great league and some great banter and great friends at this level, I just hope Chichester have grown up since their last visit to this level where they made themselves unpopular on and off the field. Watched them twice last year and saw no change.
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 14:33
I think that Havant will be back with a vengeance next season after being pipped to the play-off spot. Tottonians were slow to start last season but I think they've got it all together now ad if they can keep it together they will be strong. So I think it will be between those two for promotion and playoffs along with Chichester if they can keep some of their players. Then again, Medway are back where they feel they should be and will be strong but I think that season in L2SE will have disrupted them and so would just miss out.

Brighton will probably avoid the drop if they keep the players they recruited towards the end of last season. Maidstone if they get a bad start like last season, may well be struggling to avoid it. 
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 10:35
 I'm not sure about Havant they were the best team i saw last season ( including Sidcup who i saw lose but they had already been promoted) & are normally very strong in the second half of the season but they were lucky to win some of the games in the second half of the season this time.
 Totts will have lost a couple of good players also & have a new coaching team ( the Hav 8 is coaching & Pierre has retired ) so that may take some time.

I'm with you on Brighton i thought they were very good 2nd half of the season & my hunch is they will keep that squad together & do well.

That said i would not rule out any of the other teams because they are all good solid teams who know how to play the game & games will be closer this season, so can & will go either way.

GG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 115>
  Share Topic