National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 115>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 15:22
Anyone with any news on L6 comings and goings in London and S/W regions?
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 15:54
Not a whole lot

Old Priorian Pre season Fixture list looks like this

12/8 - London Cornish 
19/8 - Tour Game
25/8 - HAC @ Ealing Trailfinders on a Friday under lights. 

Surreyben View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 17:07
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

Anyone with any news on L6 comings and goings in London and S/W regions?
Any news from the Exiles, Dickon?
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 17:23
Nothing I can share yet Ben, though there will be a few ooohs and ahs when I do, I can assure you!!!
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 20:33
Jonny Wilkinson was in The White Hart in Chobham last night, any connection?
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Surreyben View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 15:43

Nothing I can share yet Ben, though there will be a few ooohs and ahs when I do, I can assure you!!!
Oohs and Ahs sound promising :-)
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 18:56
This is the ah - Just so you hear it from the horses mouth first, Dan Leo moves from London Cornish to Bishops Stortford. He has been a great influence at L7 for the past 2 years, and I have no doubt will be a success back up at L3.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 21:27
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Jonny Wilkinson was in The White Hart in Chobham last night, any connection?

Probably a coincidence - or possibly he was thirsty
RAID ON
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:35

This is the ah - Just so you hear it from the horses mouth first, Dan Leo moves from London Cornish to Bishops Stortford. He has been a great influence at L7 for the past 2 years, and I have no doubt will be a success back up at L3.</span>
Good news for the rest of us, but a sad loss for Cornish. Best of luck in your quest for a new forwards coach.

Edited by Cannon - 03 Jul 2017 at 12:35
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:38
While the horses are talking -

Trailfinders have signed Alex Seers from Chobham on a full time contract, he's a FH with a very accurate boot from place and hand. He's an ex England Counties player. Wish him the best and know he'll be more than capable at the higher level.

Also Chobham's tight head Sam Gratton has signed with London Irish Wild Geese.

Both came up through our mini and junior ranks and will be missed.
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 17:35
Seem to recall young Seers being involved in an almighty spanking Chob gave us at ours a few seasons back - could only stand back and enjoy it! Great to see him get a chance higher up and am sure he will do well.
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 19:41

Seem to recall young Seers being involved in an almighty spanking Chob gave us at ours a few seasons back - could only stand back and enjoy it! Great to see him get a chance higher up and am sure he will do well.
He's been dual registered with Cardiff Uni for the last three years and quite rightly time to move on up!
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:13
I see Chichester Head coach Rob Lawrence has left the club for new opportunities, very complimentary article in the local paper. But I wonder if he was pushed following relegation, I wonder where he'll be moving to and who the replacement is.
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 13:15
New Head Coach at Chi is Scott Ashley, who I recall used to be at Gosport & Fareham.
Truwblue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truwblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 15:22
Dickon..you are spot on Scott Ashley is new Head coach at Oaklands Park. Apart from Gosport, he has recently been involved in the Royal navy rugby set up, most prominently as U23 coach
BTW glad to see LCRFC at new heights and we look forward to welcoming you to our lovely club. I may even buy you a beer (depending on the result, of course!)
Truwblue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Truwblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 15:34
should have mentioned that Rob Lawrence left very amicably. He used to have his own rugby coaching business but left that to go down a different non rugby road and as he lives in Heathfield,I think it was an inevitable end of the road. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a breather and reappears somewhere near the M25 in the future
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 19:26
Thanks Tb - look forward to it as I always do when I hit the bar at Chi!
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 20:34

Totts 8 out for the start of the season Operation on torn wrist ligaments.

GG
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:47
Well all the other divisions are at it, so why not Lon 1S and 1N? Top 3, bottom 3 anyone?
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 12:02

1) Colchester
2) Brentwood
3) Amersham and Chiltern

Bottom

1) Ruislip
2) Old Haberdashers
3) South Woodham Ferrers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 115>
  Share Topic