National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 13:23
London 1 S

1) Havant
2) Medway
3) Tottonians

Bottom
1) Old Colfeians
2) Thurrock
3) Maidstone
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 17:44
Thurrock recruiting heavily and have new Head Coach with experience at much higher level - big call that one Robb!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 18:37
To be honest, I couldn't think of many that were obvious candidates. Brighton recruited well last year to avoid it and the others still in there were of good standard. So I just thought I'd pick two new clubs and Maidstone as they struggled a bit last year. That being said, Maidstone's season fell apart pretty much when they lost to Tunbridge Wells on the opening day when they had played quite well.

Edited by Robb - 18 Jul 2017 at 18:38
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 09:21
Yes its mighty tough at both ends, though I suspect Chi will be in the dogfight at the top end too.
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 17:25
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

As the only club in Lon 1 S never to have played at that level before, its an honour for us to be involved with so many prestigious clubs in the league!

Having reffed and played you guys, looking forward to seeing you at Fowlers Wells.

My top 4 are:

Havant
Chichester
Cobham
Thurrock

Maidstone and Brighton to fight for survival.

It's a great league and some great banter and great friends at this level, I just hope Chichester have grown up since their last visit to this level where they made themselves unpopular on and off the field. Watched them twice last year and saw no change.

So with a little more thought I'll stick with my prediction and add to the three I think will drop.

Havant
Chichester
Cobham
Thurrock

Maidstone
Brighton
Old Colfeians

As ever I think this will be a very tight league, the last few seasons has seen not a lot apart for the top 2 and bottom 2 in LSE1S and I think it will probably be the same.
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Pistacio View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pistacio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 09:36
London Cornish 28-29 Old Priorian

Fair to say the score was fairly irrelveant . Two quarters of 20 i think and then a final half of 30? 

Both sides mainly blowing the cobwebs away with test squads.

Next preseason for Old Priorian is v HAC on Friday the 25th under lights at Ealing Trailifinders. 
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 19:20
LOLStockport lost away to Kendal in match of 4 quarters but encouraging signs. Will be watching first game in Ches Cup v Northwich with interest.
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 21:31
White smoke appears from the memorial ground...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/waterloo/news/chairmans-message-1923499.html

Sounds like we're gonna need a bigger bench for all the coaches...

Edited by Loo fighters - 15 Aug 2017 at 21:32
Family-Rugger-Beer...
CalderVale View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalderVale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 23:46
One of the signing sounds good in write up but in fact what he did in NZ is good, last year he was playing level 8 rugby and was not a stand out performer!
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 08:36
CV

Yes you are right, 'T' as he is known played for Sedge Seconds the season before last and Bury RUFC (L8) last season. He is a great lad and I think maybe he will be a good signing for 'Loo' he will get the supporters on their toes with his full on approach with the ball in hand.

It goes without saying all at Sedge wish him well next season with 'Loo'

All the best

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 16 Aug 2017 at 08:37
Give him one with handles on
JoePlatt View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoePlatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 09:53
'T' was chased by several clubs in National 3 after his stand out performance in the Fylde v PGH Brendan Hanavan cup, PGH being the favourite to sign him before Loo came in and stole him from under their noses. By all accounts Mr.Arnold wasn't best pleased.
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:23
We'll see on Saturday in their first run out Vs Wirral. Area's of concern last year have been addressed so hopefully we see the start of the gelling process.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 15:02
A warning to those in London 1 South visitors to Chichester are even less welcome, you will now be charged for parking.

[Parking at Chichester RFC= ][http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chichester/news/car-parking-at-oaklands-park-1896950.html]
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 18:31
And I bet they will have wardens that patrol around about 20 minutes into the game. I note that Chichester members get a free ticket but what about the courtesy extended to their guests?
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:08
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

And I bet they will have wardens that patrol around about 20 minutes into the game. I note that Chichester members get a free ticket but what about the courtesy extended to their guests?

From Council website it seems to be managed by the Council so presumably income goes to RFC

Oaklands Pavilion Car Park Fees:

The hours and charges for car parking @ Oaklands Pavilion are as follows: Days / Hours of Charging: 09:00am to 05:30pm Monday to Saturday inclusive:

• Up to 1 hour 50p
  • Up to 2 hours £1.00
  • Up to 3 hours £1.50
  • Up to 4 hours £2.00
  • Up to 5 hours £2.50
  • > then 5 hours £3.50
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 17:46
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

From Council website it seems to be managed by the Council so presumably income goes to RFC

Oaklands Pavilion Car Park Fees:

The hours and charges for car parking @ Oaklands Pavilion are as
follows: Days / Hours of Charging: 09:00am to 05:30pm Monday to
Saturday inclusive:

• Up to 1 hour     50p
  • Up to 2 hours   £1.00
  • Up to 3 hours   £1.50
  • Up to 4 hours   £2.00
  • Up to 5 hours   £2.50
  • > then 5 hours £3.50

Makes me laugh that they suggest visitors park 1/2 mile down the road - as ever the warm welcome at Chichester!!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 19:34
Or just park in the side streets nearby for free!
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 07:46
Public transport, walking for exercise, cars polluting the environment, drinking and driving are all considerations which should feature?

Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 16:36
Totts Scrape to a win 31-29  Vs Brighton.
Clap
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 20:22
Brighton must have kept what they received in the latter half of last season and have recruited well on top of that. I still think if Tottonians have kept what they had last season then they will be competing for promotion, as long as they can get past Havant angry at missing out last year and that Medway pushing on from where they feel they should be after the RFU pushed them down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>
  Share Topic