National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Level 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 115>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 20:37
Totts V Hav is always a Battle. Big smile Both Teams have lost a few key players.
It looks like Cornish gave them a good game today.

Thurrock Losing was a surprise. 

Surreyben View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:04
Cornish were without a number of players as well, Gareth, so it made the outcome v Havant even more promising.
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:08
Vale of Lune looked to have strengthened, Dorrington returning from Fylde along with the more impressive Fylde/Lancashire powerhouse Evan Stewart. A big win at the weekend & could well be the team to beat.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 14:41
Today we welcome everyone's Favourite Club..Tongue  Few players missing today both coaches who retired at the end of the season playing.So i think Chi will be too strong for Totts in centre field.

GG

oldnine View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldnine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 19:43
Couldn't get down to Tott's today due to work, can't believe I missed a 14 ( or 15 ? ) try game.  Chi evidently flattered by a significantly under strength Tott's side, as we were last week when Sevenoaks ran us closer then the final score suggested. 

I have to say -despite Chi seemingly not being welcome anywhere  -  , its a joy to be back in this league and watch some free-flowing rugby again after three years of national league attrition. Looking forward to a great season of competitive games.
Gareth View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 20:00
Regardless of the players we were missing (8) Chi looked a very strong side. It's not fitness or the skill level in this league it's having depth within the club to cover week after week that counts.

taniwha View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taniwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 07:01
Originally posted by Gareth Gareth wrote:

Regardless of the players we were missing (8) Chi looked a very strong side. It's not fitness or the skill level in this league it's having depth within the club to cover week after week that counts

Go on then, I give in who or what are 'Chi' ? This a national thread, you'll have to be more explicit than this ...;-)

It takes the beaks of SEVEN penguins to make a single Penguin biscuit.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 07:59
Thoroughly enjoyed the game at Loo yesterday, great team performance. Having Capt Jack back was huge, also Tupou lived up to his billing with some tremendously impressive carries. The returning Tom Booth played intelligently at 10 striking up a good partnership with Roberts @9. Loving our new yanky doodle dandy prop, can see him becoming a fans favourite in no time & Mckie has brought that little bit of nous required, thought he played brilliantly. You can see it coming together slowly but surely & with the 2nd team beating Sale & the ladies winning their last warm up against the Army, it was a decent day all-round.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 09:34
Originally posted by taniwha taniwha wrote:

Originally posted by Gareth Gareth wrote:

Regardless of the players we were missing (8) Chi looked a very strong side. It's not fitness or the skill level in this league it's having depth within the club to cover week after week that counts

Go on then, I give in who or what are 'Chi' ? This a national thread, you'll have to be more explicit than this ...;-)

"Chi" are Chichester
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 09:38
Watched Cobham v Chobham in the Surrey Derby game. Two well matched sides and the game went down to the last minute of the match with the visitors finally getting their nose ahead for a win. Don't think either will be competing for the promotion places come May!

Probably the smallest crowd I've seen at L6 for a long time, maybe they all knew of the impending deluge from the skies!!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:16
Originally posted by Loo fighters Loo fighters wrote:

Thoroughly enjoyed the game at Loo yesterday, great team performance. Having Capt Jack back was huge, also Tupou lived up to his billing with some tremendously impressive carries. The returning Tom Booth played intelligently at 10 striking up a good partnership with Roberts @9. Loving our new yanky doodle dandy prop, can see him becoming a fans favourite in no time & Mckie has brought that little bit of nous required, thought he played brilliantly. You can see it coming together slowly but surely & with the 2nd team beating Sale & the ladies winning their last warm up against the Army, it was a decent day all-round.

Good to hear some positive news from up your way LF. One or two interesting games in the pipeline and we should be in a better position to judge come mid October? I'm travelling up for Wilmslow v Port but will be looking at the result on the 30/9 with interest especially as you have home advantage.

Promoted teams in the league above having mixed fortunes - its a big step up as we both know.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 16:18
Think we'll see where we are next weekend Vs Wilmslow. Certainly not getting carried away but there was some terrific stuff played yesterday with a real zip & a great buzz between the lads.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
RumbleintheBlundell View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleintheBlundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 18:31
Appreciate we have to start somewhere........but, with all due respect, we beat Douglas at home!!!! Lets put things into perspective!!!
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:14
Are you saying that Douglas aren't fit to be in the same league as Waterloo Rumble ?

From where I'm sitting it makes sense to treat each team on its merits at this stage and Loo F is quite right to focus on next week's game given that yesterday Wilmslow defeated Altrincham Kersal last weeks victors over Loo.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:53
Originally posted by Bigmal Bigmal wrote:

Are you saying that Douglas aren't fit to be in the same league as Waterloo Rumble ?

From where I'm sitting it makes sense to treat each team on its merits at this stage and Loo F is quite right to focus on next week's game given that yesterday Wilmslow defeated Altrincham Kersal last weeks victors over Loo.

No duty free booze for him on the return match then!
RumbleintheBlundell View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleintheBlundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 20:05
Bigmal - on the contrary - having played at Douglas on numerous occasions in the past - great club, great people and I have total respect for them.

I was simply making the point that only a few seasons ago, the club was playing against teams like Macclesfield, Caldy, Chester, Preston Grasshoppers and Sedgley Park. Now we are celebrating a hope win against Douglas!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 21:46
Originally posted by RumbleintheBlundell RumbleintheBlundell wrote:

Appreciate we have to start somewhere........but, with all due respect, we beat Douglas at home!!!! Lets put things into perspective!!!

Rumble, You forgot to add...with a bunch of young lads, all eager & playing for the shirt, with a spirit befitting the club. The buzz around the place is something to behold & not seen for some time..u should sample it for yourself, it will surprise you.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 07:52

Bigmal - on the contrary - having played at Douglas on numerous occasions in the past - great club, great people and I have total respect for them.

I was simply making the point that only a few seasons ago, the club was playing against teams like Macclesfield, Caldy, Chester, Preston Grasshoppers and Sedgley Park. Now we are celebrating a hope win against Douglas!

Come on Rumble I started my career with Macclesfield when we played Sefton, Hoylake andOld Parkonians amongst others from your patch. As I recall in those days S Park were very much a "junior" club. Things change and unfortunately in the case of Waterloo the change has been significant.

Lets see where we are in October when the league has settled down
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 15:50

Out of interest I looked at the leagues BELOW Waterloo's current level - Liverpool St Helens ( whichever way you view them), New Brighton, Broughton Park and West Park ( St Helens) were all big or biggish names back in the day. Currently New Brighton are propping up the table !
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 20:31
BM

Your spot on with Sedge's league position on the outset of leagues and level of fixtures before leagues which had us firmly in the aspirational bracket of the lower food chain. But what aspiration and ambition.

You name some great names and you could keep going through all the regions of the country and see the same results. I am very biased but none mentioned are better than BP, but factually not many were bigger than Waterloo.

It's going to be a long hard road for Loo made even harder by their weight of history which goes before the club regardless of what they are doing now on the field but that's all you can do, make new history by your present deeds. Good luck to Loo and remember it could have been much worse you could of had the same fall of the very mighty Orrell. Now that was a fall.

All the best

ST

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 15 Sep 2017 at 20:40
Give him one with handles on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 115>
  Share Topic