National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Revolt in the North

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:33
I’ve known Oswestry have been going back to the Mids for a while PiffPaff. They were the only North Mids/Shropshire team outside of their home structure. With the likes of Linley and Trentham moving it’s been a while coming. Shame that fact wasn’t the win you wanted, maybe go and create your own board where you can argue with yourself to ensure you always win. Not sure where I’ve got that idea from..
TimesLikeThese View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimesLikeThese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 13:34
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

Not sure how asking NOWIRUL to merge in the ECC would work, I doubt NOWIRUL would want it as they are an independent Competition they would lose all their funding and have very little to do with the operation of the merged body as it will come under the auspices of the RFU NCC/ECC. In addition there are Clubs outside of the North area (Glossop have dispensation) involved in NOWIRUL and that would create all kinds of issues on governance and the like. Teams like Newcastle (Staffs) and Hope Valley (Derbys) get away with playing out of their Division at the moment if they come into the RFU NCC/ECC then that creates other issues on Player Registration and regulation something 90% of the Clubs want less of and again need to mention the potential for ever more travel times but for lower XVs. Would Sefton 3rds want to travel to Cumbria, Derbyshire and Staffordshire? and if they didn't are they happy to be docked points and fined!

Apparently there was a meeting last night at Southport involving the 6 Lancashire Clubs in NLC and AltKersal and the Cheshire RFU Rep and Chair. They've come up with the plan of dissolving NLC, make a Cumbria only Level 7 League (good luck with that) and new Lancashire/Cheshire Level 7 League....... bit similar to what Lancashire wanted pre-breakaway but was vetoed by Cumbria & Cheshire (that didn't take long for that worm to turn did it 373?) of course this won't happen because Cumbria will still say no way Status Quo - rocking all over the North..............

That 3rd team point is one of the more ridiculous ones I've heard given that I imagine there would be some sort of division based on locale at that level as there is now and not a complete north west wide league, so it's a completely redundant point. The other points I can understand.

The point is there's got to be a way to resolve all of this because currently it's a complete mess.
And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!
the jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 14:53
in laymans terms, whats going on?
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 15:04
Originally posted by the jackal the jackal wrote:

As I understand it, in a squabble primarily about money and travel distances, community level Lancashire rugby has pulled out of RFU competitions, dragging Cheshire and Cumbria who shared league divisions with Lancashire out with them, and set up their own merit tables. 

Since then various people have been calling each other names, and demonstrating why they don't deserve rugby union.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 15:37

Who knows, who cares - but it is fun seeing northerners northern-bashing.

I suspect the detail is somewhere in the thread if you can be bothered looking for it.
RAID ON
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 17:10
The North Lancastrian sides do not like having to travel to Cumbria and have been complaining for years.

These are the same complaints that caused RFU to instigate the Adult Game Review in 2015 which came up with a terrible solution to a different porblem that did not exist, while not solving this one.

Sweeney Delenda Est
the jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 18:58
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

I suspect the detail is somewhere in the thread if you can be bothered looking for it.

I cannot.

I’m just confused as to what happens with promotion for teams that want to get back to level 6
SKalpy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 19:06
Jackal,

Earl.gray View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl.gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 19:12

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

I cannot.

I’m just confused as to what happens with promotion for teams that want to get back to level 6

There isn’t promotion to level 6. Clubs will
Have to rejoin the rfu structure at level 7 again.
red rose lad View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rose lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 13:17
I have been fixture secretary for 30 years, when we first went to Cumbria 30 years ago everyone wanted to go sometimes we took 2 teams up to Cumbria, times have changed
The wife's and girlfriends today will not put up with what we got away with
Players earnings have more outgoings then I had
Jobs are not 9-5, 7.30 - 4pm anymore
players have to work Saturday's and Sunday's
 We have lost approximately 70 sides in Lancashire and Greater Manchester, we have a NW League for 2.3 and 4's it's really good but now they have gone power mad and chucking sides out in they can't fulfil fixtures due to cry off's above, as usual the bottom sides cop for it
bva
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rose lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 14:17
Originally posted by 373 373 wrote:

I guarantee about three of these break away teams will fold by the end of the year. No tears will be shed for the Lancs cry babies.

Your county reps have sat on there backside's, not even contacted any of the clubs to tell them what's going on, that's from a Cheshire club who are not very happy to the way your county as reacted
bva
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rose lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 14:23

The 1st XV teams that are in the NOWIRUL leagues are either teams that were decimated in the NOWIRUL leagues to the point where the 2xv that was present in those leagues became the de facto 1XV team, or have come in to avoid collapse having never looked likely of sustaining an effort in the RFU leagues. Not for the Lancs bully boys to come in and dictate how things should be. There’s no way a LSH or Eccles 1XV should be near NOWIRUL unless it was the only option to continued existence.

As I say, baby and bath water seems to be the Lancs way and I do wonder how many teams will be back cap in hand next year, or how Aldwinians will try to shuffle the decks again to ensure they win something.

What's it got to do with AldwiniansConfused
bva
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 07:18
373, its my understanding despite what is on the RFU Website, Oswestry to stay in the North and they haven't agreed to re-join the Midlands?

Also I see the proposal put at the Cheshire AGM is basically is Cheshire screwing Cumbria over. Hopefully all the bile and crap thrown at Lancashire recently by Cumbria & friends of Cumbria will now be aimed elsewhere.

For Cheshire to propose almost identically the same thing the Lancashire proposed months/years ago beggars belief. So it wasn't ok for the Lancashire Clubs who complained about excessive travel in case of some Clubs for 12+ seasons and want to re-arrange the NW RFU League structure to cut down on travel albeit at the expense of some Cumbria Clubs at Level 7. Cheshire firmly backing Cumbria's veto to that.

The moment a Cheshire Club (lets face it 1 Club) are put in the same situation Cheshire come up with another restructure proposal that puts the Lancashire & Cheshire Clubs together and cuts Cumbria adrift, classy Cheshire bravo. Careful you don't accidently call it the Benson & Hedges League from the Fag Packet it was written on!

373 you come on here and take a pop at Lancs standing their ground and fighting for its constituent member Clubs but the moment Cheshire has to face one of their own with a similar argument (not the same because they actually haven't done any travelling yet) they fold quicker than a deck chair on New Brighton Beach!

Edited by PiffPaff - 08 Jun 2018 at 07:20
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 08:50
Oh dear, it looks like folk on the wrong side of the Pennines are not happy with their neighbouring county colleagues. 

The only question I have is - do we see this move being an advantage to club rugby as a whole? Or just benefiting a few?
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
TimesLikeThese View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimesLikeThese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 13:26
Difficult to say really. The clubs that left may have less travel time but there's not really much to play for. In fairness that might be what they want.

What was the proposal in the Cheshire AGM? I know some Cheshire clubs currently do have to travel to Cumbria for fixtures at 2nd/3rd team level in the higher merit leagues, anything below that they drop to more regional leagues.
And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rose lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 13:30
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Oh dear, it looks like folk on the wrong side of the Pennines are not happy with their neighbouring county colleagues. 

The only question I have is - do we see this move being an advantage to club rugby as a whole? Or just benefiting a few?

There is a serious problem in adult rugby the retaining of players after they gone through colts rugby, the RFU are fully behind the Lancashire teams move to form there own leagues
They have recently stated at a safeguarding meeting that mini and junior rugby is thriving but there is big concern in adult rugby, This is huge concern to Lancashire teams as we are losing sides because of the travelling distances and time, other counties Kent, Cornwall and Gloucestershire are concerned and are watching the situation
bva
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 15:51
Do we know which teams are playing in which leagues yet?
Sweeney Delenda Est
Darth Vadar View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Vadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 17:03
I read somewhere that more information from Lancashire will be released on Tuesday.
373 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 06:57
Interestingly enough there was a vote in the NOWIRUL leagues yesterday evening to remove the Cumbrian teams from those leagues which was defeated unanimously (not a single person voted to kick them out.) Seeing as it included representatives of the break away clubs I find it very odd they didn’t have the same objections about their 2 & 3XV’s travelling to Cumbria.

There’s a lot of inference to be drawn from that one feels.
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rose lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 09:19

Interestingly enough there was a vote in the NOWIRUL leagues yesterday evening to remove the Cumbrian teams from those leagues which was defeated unanimously (not a single person voted to kick them out.) Seeing as it included representatives of the break away clubs I find it very odd they didn’t have the same objections about their 2 & 3XV’s travelling to Cumbria.

There’s a lot of inference to be drawn from that one feels.

mainly they travel once a season, that's acceptable, its going 6/7 times a season that the PLAYER'S object to
bva
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic