National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:42
Details of coaching changes at Wharfedale are at http://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/?p=29056
UncleSteveMoffett View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:47
Great news for the Dale. Jon Feeley did a great job first time round and with Jon Skurr will make a formidable coaching setup.

Looking forward to watching them next season Thumbs Up
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:54
Oh wow, that is some fantastic news. Rob Baldwin has been immense since he got involved in the management of the club. 
wesleysnipes View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesleysnipes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:24
Andy Brown cov to South Leics
Luke Coltman hinks to South Leics
old and bald View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old and bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:00
Luke coltman back to south Leicester. Must be to reunite with his mentor and friend Michael holford. And coincided with fans favourite Ricky aley leaving....
Club_Tropicana View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Club_Tropicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:06
Huddersfield have announced that Gavin Rhodes and Tony Stringwell will take over the running of the 2nd XV
In Club Tropicana the drinks are free.....
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:13
Can't disagree BRB. Having Chris Black in doing some Strength/Conditioning also bodes well. Can't wait to hear who will be coming in on the playing front.

Positive things happening.

GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 16:56
Great news for us. Having being coached by Jon Feeley during his previous stints at the club, he's a great coach, innovative in his thinking.

Fingers crossed they can bring the success from County level into the club.
Skipton Gardener View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipton Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 18:08
Fantastic news for the Green Machine. Rob Baldwin is certainly getting well stuck in to his new DOR role (as he always did get stuck in as a player) and I look forward to reading about some new signings? With Tom Davidson off to PGH next season, I wonder if we could perhaps lure Tincks back?? Also I hope that Jimmy Bullough is back fit next season after his injury challenges. Always committed and always very steady under a high ball and great to watch.

Bring it on!
Riverball is the call..and the book!
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 18:48
why try and lure someone back who couldnt wait to get away for a few quid   no thanks 
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 21:19
A player has a limited earning span.
Nice bloke and a very good player. I'd love to see him in green, but sadly my money is on Roth.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 21:46
he might be a nice bloke and a good player brb  but wanted more than dale  would  give him  so he  f-----d  off  to   hull ionions   at the  first opportunity   Angry
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 22:05
...and to play at a higher level. Ionians were offering relatively big money. They will do well to hang on to the very desirable Tinks and his co-centre Lewis Minikin.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 07:53
"Ionians were offering relatively big money"  Compared to who? Other Nat 1 Clubs? I don't think so.

I can assure you that Tinks didn't go to Hull Ionians for the money. He could have got more at most Nat 1 Clubs and certain Premier North Clubs. 
I am not sure why he would have stayed at Wharfedale really? He went there on loan from Leeds so you can hardly say he was 'green through and through'. He obviously wanted to play in Nat 1. but he is proving a bit of a 'journey man' as I suspect he will move on again.
Players want to play at a certain level and, if they can get someone to pay them to do so, they are laughing. Who can blame them.
That's the trouble with relegation. As we are finding out this season and Wharfedale found out last season. Lets face it, if Wharfedale had not stayed in N2N they would be losing a few more.

We have retained Minikn, who is in great form following return from injury. He only played in the last quarter of the season and is in the England Counties Squad. Thankfully, we have also retained the backbone of last years squad.
N2N looks strong so no rash statements, promises or predictions from me. Just looking forward to it.

p.s. well done to Wharfedale on staying up. I would much rather travel to Threshfields than Luctonians - no offence.

Edited by Sid James - 31 May 2018 at 07:56
All Knwoing All Seeing
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 08:44
Sid, When I say "big" it is all relative. I am surprised Lewis has not been bagged by a Champ club as he is quality. Well done on retaining the backbone of the squad - Sign of a club that players value. Tinks has certainly done the rounds.
greeneyed View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeneyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 09:50
Sid
For your information Tincks's first move was from Otliensians to Wharfedale where he proved to be a professional in the making. It was then that he moved from Wharfedale to Leeds with full encouragement from the Greens, then had a horrendous road accident which would have ended many careers and no doubt limited his. He has moved around since then and he certainly enjoys my goodwill for what it is worth.

If at the end of his travels he ever wants to settle down there will be many at the Avenue who will welcome him back.
oldman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:06
New signings for Hinckley, Rory Vowles and James Moreton, both signed from Nuneaton. How times changed when I was a lad players went the other way!
oldman
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:28
In his first season for Dale Tinks was phenomenal, he came as a raw young lad from Otliensians and made the level jump seem ridiculously easy. It was no surprise Leeds picked him up and I was hopeful he would become a well established Premiership player. He has done amazingly well to get back playing and at such a good standard, I for one would welcome him back at the Dale as aplayer and as a genuinely good chap.

I do believe BRB is right when he says Rotherham is his most likely destination.
wesleysnipes View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesleysnipes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:21
Luke Veebal from L Lions to Stourbridge.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:42
Originally posted by backrowb backrowb wrote:

Sid, When I say "big" it is all relative. .

I agree but as I said, relative to what? Nat 1.? N2N?
You made a statement that I don't believe to be true. What evidence do you have to back it up.
All Knwoing All Seeing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
  Share Topic