National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 21:19
A player has a limited earning span.
Nice bloke and a very good player. I'd love to see him in green, but sadly my money is on Roth.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 18:48
why try and lure someone back who couldnt wait to get away for a few quid   no thanks 
Skipton Gardener View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipton Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 18:08
Fantastic news for the Green Machine. Rob Baldwin is certainly getting well stuck in to his new DOR role (as he always did get stuck in as a player) and I look forward to reading about some new signings? With Tom Davidson off to PGH next season, I wonder if we could perhaps lure Tincks back?? Also I hope that Jimmy Bullough is back fit next season after his injury challenges. Always committed and always very steady under a high ball and great to watch.

Bring it on!
Riverball is the call..and the book!
GreenThrough&Through View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenThrough&Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 16:56
Great news for us. Having being coached by Jon Feeley during his previous stints at the club, he's a great coach, innovative in his thinking.

Fingers crossed they can bring the success from County level into the club.
UncleSteveMoffett View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:13
Can't disagree BRB. Having Chris Black in doing some Strength/Conditioning also bodes well. Can't wait to hear who will be coming in on the playing front.

Positive things happening.

Club_Tropicana View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Club_Tropicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:06
Huddersfield have announced that Gavin Rhodes and Tony Stringwell will take over the running of the 2nd XV
In Club Tropicana the drinks are free.....
old and bald View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old and bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 13:00
Luke coltman back to south Leicester. Must be to reunite with his mentor and friend Michael holford. And coincided with fans favourite Ricky aley leaving....
wesleysnipes View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesleysnipes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:24
Andy Brown cov to South Leics
Luke Coltman hinks to South Leics
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:54
Oh wow, that is some fantastic news. Rob Baldwin has been immense since he got involved in the management of the club. 
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:47
Great news for the Dale. Jon Feeley did a great job first time round and with Jon Skurr will make a formidable coaching setup.

Looking forward to watching them next season Thumbs Up
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:42
Details of coaching changes at Wharfedale are at http://www.wharfedalerufc.co.uk/?p=29056
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleSteveMoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:17
Hudds making some big signings for next season, Tom Kill has pace to burn.
strent View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 09:13
Originally posted by Alderman Alderman wrote:

Kai Little is leaving newly promoted Cinderford for Old Elthamians. Can any N2S stalwarts rate him?

Very good player. Leaving Cindy for work reasons I think. Rather misleadingly named... he's a big lad for a winger.
Club_Tropicana View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Club_Tropicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 22:26
Huddersfield have announced the signing of outside back Tom Kill.
In Club Tropicana the drinks are free.....
Harvey Mac View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 22:50
Stallion,

I would be the last to know. (Del Amitri)

Don’t comment on rumours. (Fleetwod Mac)

But if your looking for a way out (Odyssey)

Basically....... no idea where this came from. Not my area. Crosssed wires me thinks !!!

Have a good summer break.

Harv

Going to have a quiet drink followed by ten noisy ones !!!!!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 22:17
Originally posted by Stallion Stallion wrote:

Originally posted by Harvey Mac Harvey Mac wrote:

Originally posted by old and bald old and bald wrote:

Looks like Peterborough are really setting their stall down with the signing of James stokes from Coventry. (Top try scorer in nat1 last year). Looks like they are not looking at a return to the midlands premier anytime soon.

Old and Bald. 

Where did you gain this info.
Was it Peterborough Lions OR Peterborough RUFC???

Ta

Are you denying it Harv? Big smile

He should.
Our City,
Our Club
Stallion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 18:57
Originally posted by Harvey Mac Harvey Mac wrote:

Originally posted by old and bald old and bald wrote:

Looks like Peterborough are really setting their stall down with the signing of James stokes from Coventry. (Top try scorer in nat1 last year). Looks like they are not looking at a return to the midlands premier anytime soon.

Old and Bald. 

Where did you gain this info.
Was it Peterborough Lions OR Peterborough RUFC???

Ta

Are you denying it Harv? Big smile
Life is a game but rugby is serious!
southcoastsupport View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southcoastsupport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 22:31
Yes it would be interesting to see if Govett could get himself fit again after this long out. From what I gather he has finished his studying and has had a child and is now looking to return to playing. We shall have to wait and see if he shows up at the beginning of the season.

Edited by southcoastsupport - 23 May 2018 at 22:37
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 21:22
That is an outstanding acquisition for Lions........Stokes has been an outstanding player for many seasons now and was bound for the Championship with Cov,  where he was an ever present ?

I suspect (pure guesswork I concede) that he has decided he has had enough of the travelling ? 

I am still surprised as I think he was one of the few that Rowland Winter took with him from Cambridge and I thought I read that he was contracted at Cov for a while longer ?
It does seem somewhat bizarre that he has joined a promoted Nat3 (level 5) side while on the brink of a return to level 2 ?  
I suppose Peterborough having shedloads of cash and ambition is another possibility ? No idea on that one. 

Very curious.
old and bald View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old and bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 21:01
Peterborough lions. Just promoted to nat2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
  Share Topic