National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Ealing pitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 16:20
Originally posted by Insignificant Tick Insignificant Tick wrote:

Does any club ever ask their own players whether they want grass or plastic ?

Almost certainly.
Our City,
Our Club
Dalesman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 17:13
The hybrid pitch at Doncaster must be the way forward. It looked superb late season.
Think I read it cost £400k
The Joy of (Level) 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joy of (Level) 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 17:19
Originally posted by Dalesman Dalesman wrote:

The hybrid pitch at Doncaster must be the way forward. It looked superb late season.
Think I read it cost £400k

I agree. The technological advances in hybrids will hopefully lead to the plastic pitches being dug up.
TJOS
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 17:35
I think with the advance of drainage the days of mud bath pitches is over. In the last couple of years all our 5 pitches have been playable apart from snow and frost so I don't think we would ever move to 3/4G pitches

Edited by tulip - 09 May 2019 at 17:36
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 19:53
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

I think with the advance of drainage the days of mud bath pitches is over. In the last couple of years all our 5 pitches have been playable apart from snow and frost so I don't think we would ever move to 3/4G pitches

But when you are a city centre club with one pitch, that's used by three football teams (potentially five with Ladies/2nds), trained on, used by several local schools, for concerts (etc), what then?
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 19:56
And to add:
The Ricoh has a hybrid pitch which is used by two football teams, and not for training on.
It's trashed.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:14
And it seems that the Cov AGP is just about to be installed.
Confirmation via a circuitous route (the owner of one of our tenant clubs who have been displaced for the rest of the summer due to the works).
Our City,
Our Club
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:02
Whilst not a fan of such pitches this is great news as the Coventry pitch was by far the worst in Nat One when they were there and in the Championship. Not sure some of their heavier forwards will be thankful of the change.....
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 13:50
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

Whilst not a fan of such pitches this is great news as the Coventry pitch was by far the worst in Nat One when they were there and in the Championship. Not sure some of their heavier forwards will be thankful of the change.....

To be fair, at the end of the past few seasons the Cov pitch has been like playing on dried mud.  A 3G pitch would have to be softer than that...
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 08:50
Dylan Hartley in todays Grundian

Hartley said he would like to ban playing professional rugby on artificial pitches, having injured his knee on Worcester’s artificial grass in December. “I don’t agree with them,” he said. “I’d played the fortnight before and I’d tweaked my knee in a game, then I played on an artificial pitch the following week and probably playing on an injury didn’t help. If there’s a platform to show my support for getting rid of artificial pitches, it’s here. It might be suited to under-10s or under-12s but from a personal point of view I don’t like them.”
Hobo View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 09:41
So he injured his knee on a grass pitch but blames playing on a artificial pitch for making his injury worse? It is hardly scientific evidence against artificial pitches is it?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 09:59
Is there any scientific evidence to say artificial is better than grass ?

Plenty of financial motives for plastic but no scientific evidence in favour of plastic either, just money men getting their way and player welfare be damned.

MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:26

Is there any scientific evidence to say artificial is better than grass ?

Plenty of financial motives for plastic but no scientific evidence in favour of plastic either, just money men getting their way and player welfare be damned.

Is there any scientific evidence to say grass/mud/frozen winter pitches/rock hard summer pitches are better than artificial ?
Other than old buffers with a fondness for the days of their own youth ?

Edited by MikeGC - 12 Sep 2019 at 10:27
PlangentThrowback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlangentThrowback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:04
The 2017/18 PRISP noted that the severity and burden of injury on artificial pitches was greater than on natural grass. This was particularly marked for lower limb injuries (foot, toe and hamstring). On average it's 39 days injured on artificial pitches versus 30 on grass. There's no difference in the number of injuries.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:10
Originally posted by Hobo Hobo wrote:

So he injured his knee on a grass pitch but blames playing on a artificial pitch for making his injury worse? It is hardly scientific evidence against artificial pitches is it?

This.
Our City,
Our Club
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:12
Originally posted by PlangentThrowback PlangentThrowback wrote:

The 2017/18 PRISP

forgive my ignorance but what does PRISP mean and/or stand for ?
Ta
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:47
Originally posted by MikeGC MikeGC wrote:

Originally posted by PlangentThrowback PlangentThrowback wrote:

The 2017/18 PRISP

Ta

Got it right there.
What does it matter what it stands for,  PRISP are only going to be old buffers anyway ?
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:10

Originally posted by MikeGC MikeGC wrote:

Ta

Got it right there.
What does it matter what it stands for,  PRISP are only going to be old buffers anyway ?

Eh?
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:13
The Professional Rugby Injury Surveillance Project
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 13:07
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">The Professional </span><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb106, 106, 106; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Rugby</span><span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> Injury Surveillance Project</span>

thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic