National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Playoff - predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playoff - predictions
    Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 22:15
For fun only.

Canterbury - Chester
Sweeney Delenda Est
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 22:18
 Canterbury1 - 4 Chester
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 22:31
 Canterbury 5  Chester 0
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 23:10
Canterbury 5-Chester 0
The older I get, the better I was.
2 CAP IT ALL View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 CAP IT ALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 07:33
Canterbury  5  -  2  Chester

Thanks Camquin for taking over N2N and doing a great job
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 08:29
Cant 3 Chester 3
Extra time no score
Tries conversions and pens all equal.
Coin toss stands on edge so second attempt.
It’s tails but nobody called, refs fault.
Finally, a boat race to decide and Chester out drink Canterbury to win promotion to Nat 1 and become everyone’s whipping boys.
Good luck to both teams enjoy the big day.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 14:40
canterbury  5  0  chester  but good luck to both teams
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 15:24
Canterbury 4-1 Chester

N2S to triumph at home again
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 15:41
Canterbury 0 - Chester 5

Game kicks off a 2pm, Canterbury so used to 3pm are still asleep and fail  to recover when the clock ticks past 3pm.
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 15:57
Canterbury 5 - 2 Chester.

Going with our form away from home against the best teams we generally came off second best. If we had home advantage then I'd be a little more optimistic.

Gutted I can't make it to the game, so I'm putting my request in now for someone to give updates.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 16:56
What can we all expect from Chester then Deva, we can see they finished second and that they appear to have the best defence in the league, but are not prolific points scorers although they registered a decent tally of TBP's.

If you want updates on here they will probably have to come from your travelling faithful.....contributions from City Side fans are pretty rare, though somebody might follow this thread I suppose ?

In the absence of any actual Canterbury input, I have watched this pretty settled side home and away quite a few times.  They themselves have defended much better this year and the ageing but very effective lock combination of Corker and Cadman have served them particularly well.

Their backs are pretty settled as a unit over several years and have also grown as a unit I think. Their half backs are named Smart and Best I think and apart from being Pronouns, they are quite accurate adjectives IMO.
They have arguably the best attacking full back in our league in Aiden Moss.  All of the other backs are good too with perhaps Mackintosh the pick of the finishers  ?

They are going to attack with ball in hand from all over the park and they are good at it.  Plus there is a nasty slope at Merton Lane that takes some getting used to.

Perhaps somebody else will give to some more accurate and better informed info.....but FWIW they will be hard to stop on their own track IMO.

Alderman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 17:08
Can’t help thinking that whichever side wins will become relegation certainties....
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 17:53
Darth, we can be a tough side to beat - especially at home where only Fylde managed to come away with the win this season - but our away form has been hit-and-miss. If we turn up and have confidence, expect a close game. On the other hand, I've also seen that when the doubt sets in it often leads to us leaking points and letting the game get away from us.

We've rotated a lot this season, lots of lads have come up from the seconds and have really developed, and this has really helped when injuries have hit because the lads coming in as replacements have slotted right in.

When in possession, we can really turn the screw; go through the phases and shift the ball wide, or keep plugging away to force penalties or go for the hammer stroke through the middle. Defensively we are tight when confidence is up; so many times this season I've watched strong sides camp on our 5m line for phase after phase only to return with nothing. When that confidence is gone, we lose that tightness, often conceding more than one try in quick succession.

If I'm being honest, we are another season or two off being ready for the step up to N1. But we have a chance now and the lads will absolutely be up for it. It wouldn't bother me too much if we went up and came straight back down, I think the exposure to better teams will improve us as a team.

Whatever happens next week, watching Chester this season has been an absolute pleasure. If we lose, we'll be there challenging for the top three again next year.
French Connection View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 18:04
Canterbury 5 - 1 Chester   History shows that the home team almost always wins. Simple as that.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 20:49
Alderman........I think that 'certainties' is a bit harsh.  You have to allow that mid-season may, in some circumstances, improve prospects.  Otherwise, I have to agree with you that it is a strong likelihood.  
Canterbury are a good and attractive side with ball in hand, but from my limited experience of Nat1, they are not likely to be allowed that.  They are not (IMO) dissimilar to the Bishops Sortford side that went up from our league, but not the BS side that now sits mid-table.

Deva.....thanks for your interesting input.   I don't think you need to worry about the City Side camping on your line through multi-phase attacks.........you will either stop them consistently in midfield or will be kicking off again Ouch  In fact your biggest problem might be losing possession in their 22.

Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 15:12
Canterbury 5 Chester 0. 

I hope I'm wrong and I sincerely wish Chester all the best in their endeavours.

Good luck fellas

All the best  

ST  
Give him one with handles on
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 15:15
Canterbury 2 - Chester 5 . . Guy Ford hat trick
Run with it
LockNLoader View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockNLoader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 15:39
Canterbury 5 - Chester 0
#COYB
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 16:13
Canterbury 5 Chester 1

Home advantage will be crucial, also Canterbury have a recent habit of doing enough to get the 5 points.

Would love to be there, but alas Cricket beckons.
RAID ON
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 18:03
Hey guys I like it - bonus points for play-off games - can these be carried over to next season as whoever prevails is going to need them in Nat1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic