National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NL1 Signings, Retentions and Departures 2019-20
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Topic ClosedNL1 Signings, Retentions and Departures 2019-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Topic: NL1 Signings, Retentions and Departures 2019-20
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:55
This is a thread, as the subject suggests, for any players or coaching staff who have been signed, re-signed, or have left before and/or during the 2019/20 season.

One signing to kick it off, hooker David Nelson has been signed by Mowden Park.

Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signing of front row forward David Nelson from Doncaster Knights. The hooker becomes Mowden’s 5th new signing of the summer, and will join up with the rest of the squad for pre-season training next month.

Nelson brings Championship experience to the squad, having spent the last three season with Doncaster. The 24 year-old had previously spent a number of years with the Newcastle Falcons, making his Premiership debut against Exeter in November 2016. Nelson is already familiar with Mowden Park, after a short dual-registered stint at the club during his time at the Falcons. Asked his thoughts about re-joining the club on a more permanent basis, Nelson commented: “I’m excited to get started with my second stint with Mowden after coming here on dual-reg a few years ago, I enjoyed my time here back then and it seems that the club has only improved since.”

More here:
MCNRY View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 15:20
Despite, Chinnor opening the cheque book once again, their top try scorer Craig Holland will be at Rosslyn Park next season. Big move in National 1

Edited by MCNRY - 16 May 2019 at 16:26
Fake_Shemp View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:13
Originally posted by MCNRY MCNRY wrote:

Despite, Chinnor opening the cheque book once again, their top try scorer Craig Holland will be at Park next season. Big move in National 1
Which Park? Confused
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:20
Originally posted by Fake_Shemp Fake_Shemp wrote:

Despite, Chinnor opening the cheque book once again, their top try scorer Craig Holland will be at Park next season. Big move in National 1
Which Park? Confused
Probably not Raynes Park in Surrey 4!!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
MCNRY View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:23
Rosslyn Park apologies. One assumed that was clear!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:29

Rosslyn Park apologies. One assumed that was clear!
I thought it might be them but there is nothing on their website or twitter feed.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:42
One big spender to another.
So many Christians not enough Lions
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 16:53
He works in Leatherhead and Lives I believe in South West London, so makes sense.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:35
Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signing of Paul Jarvis from Doncaster Knights. Jarvis becomes DMP’s 6th new signing of the summer as preparations continue for the 2019/20 National One season.

Jarvis brings a wealth of Championship experience to the squad, having made in excess of 120 appearance for the Knights. The versatile back, who can cover both full back and wing, has scored 34 tries in his 6 seasons in the Championship. Ahead of joining up with the squad, Jarvis was excited to get started: “I’m really excited to be joining Mowden Park, I felt it was time for me to move on from Doncaster and look to dip my toe into the working world a little bit. I was approached by a few clubs but it only really took the one meeting with Danny and Garry and the decision to sign at Mowden was almost a no brainier for me.”

More here:
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 13:57
Wondered where Minijarv would end up. Don't think we saw anything of him at Cov when signed there, due to injury, but happy to be corrected.
Good signing though, based on what we DO know!
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:14
Mowden Park have re-signed their scrum half, Matt Dudman.

http://www.mowdenpark.com/teams/11810/news/dudman-re-signs-at-mowden-park-2427815.html
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 14:44

Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signing of Paul Jarvis from Doncaster Knights. Jarvis becomes DMP’s 6th new signing of the summer as preparations continue for the 2019/20 National One season.

Jarvis brings a wealth of Championship experience to the squad, having made in excess of 120 appearance for the Knights. The versatile back, who can cover both full back and wing, has scored 34 tries in his 6 seasons in the Championship. Ahead of joining up with the squad, Jarvis was excited to get started: “I’m really excited to be joining Mowden Park, I felt it was time for me to move on from Doncaster and look to dip my toe into the working world a little bit. I was approached by a few clubs but it only really took the one meeting with Danny and Garry and the decision to sign at Mowden was almost a no brainier for me.”

More here:

I think he will bring some great qualities to the club, he is a bit like Marmite, personally I liked him and he loves to play fullback (pity he doesn't kick very much). A bit like Bruno Bravo who came to you from us, can turn things around very quickly from defence into attack. I wish him well.

Dave Nelson will do you no harm either.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 15:29
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

More here:

I think he will bring some great qualities to the club, he is a bit like Marmite, personally I liked him and he loves to play fullback (pity he doesn't kick very much). A bit like Bruno Bravo who came to you from us, can turn things around very quickly from defence into attack. I wish him well.

Dave Nelson will do you no harm either.
Thanks for that information. There's been no announcement about re-signing Chris Georgiou, a fullback who is solid under the high ball and a real running attacking threat and was unfortunately injured last season after a promising start, so perhaps Jarvis has been signed as a replacement. 

With Jordon Poole signing for Exeter Chiefs, Nelson will probably take his spot in the squad just as Dan Grange would seem to be back row cover for Matt Heaton's departure and Callum Irvine a signing which fits with Garry Law's retirement from playing.

At the moment, we have great depth at the wing and fullback position, which is a better position than last season where those positions were severely depleted because of injuries sustained by players during the off- and pre-season.
UncleSteveMoffett View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 15:36
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 15:44
Originally posted by UncleSteveMoffett UncleSteveMoffett wrote:

News about Chris Georgiou.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oldbrodleiansfirstxv/news/brods-announce-new-senior-coach-2424358.html

Thank you for that – Chris Georgiou leaving Mowden to become a coach in Halifax definitely goes under the 'departures' part of this thread!

As I said before, his absence from next season's squad makes some of Mowden's signings make a lot of sense.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 16:18
Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signings of front row pair Connor Ward and Brendan Asomua-Goodman ahead of the 2019/20 National One season. The pair will join up with the rest of the DMP squad when pre-season training gets underway next month.

FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 17:44
Cambridge sign back Andy Henderson

"Cambridge RFC are delighted to welcome Andy Henderson ahead of next season. Andy joins us on a 2-year deal from Hong Kong Scottish. A centre and full back by trade, Andy has a wealth of experience after playing championship rugby for Ealing Trailfinders and also spells at Jersey and more recently Rosslyn Park. He has also featured for the England Students and Counties teams."

Edited by FHLH - 24 May 2019 at 17:45
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 08:33
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 08:35
MCNRY View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:07
Old Elthamians's purse string begin to loosen for next season as Coventry, London Scottish and Richmond back row Ed Milne joins for next season. Shaping to be a very exciting National 1 2019/20!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic