National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

New pitch for Coventry...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New pitch for Coventry...
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 15:54
Announcement on the Coventry Rugby website

Well, that should make a major improvement to the playing conditions at the BPA.

More significantly for the club as a whole, it’ll remove the need to train elsewhere, and allow the other users of the pitch to continue, without over-using the ground.
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 14:12
Cue the debate about player welfare...... LOL
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 15:10
Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

Cue the debate about player welfare...... LOL

Yes. I wasn't going to mention it...
Our City,
Our Club
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 07:25
surely the sporting kit that is available these days would circumvent the abrasion issues associated to 3G pitches (i.e. skins other sporting brands are available)
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Paul Rossborough View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rossborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 07:45
Aahhhh THIS is why we are now partnered with Skins!!
Good choice.
All views expressed are my own
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:24
You are not allowed to wear full length skins on the legs. Player welfare be damned.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 11:35
Originally posted by Insignificant Tick Insignificant Tick wrote:

You are not allowed to wear full length skins on the legs. Player welfare be damned.

There's one.
Our City,
Our Club
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:13
You're welcome !
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:16
Originally posted by Insignificant Tick Insignificant Tick wrote:

I thought I had seen players in them, must be tattoos 
Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:27
i was on a pitch where  a ref made a player (one of those skinny backs) pull up leggings until there was "clear visible skin between pulled up socks and shorts/legging bottoms" I don't know if that was his interpretation or something codified

So I guess shorter socks and 3/4 length leggings that went to just below knee would comply and protect 
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:29
The laws of the game say Shorts, Underwear, Ankle Supports and Socks  - only Ladies may wear leggings (Cotton blend tights).
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:30
A player wears a jersey, shorts and underwear, socks and boots.

1. In addition, women may wear:
    1. Cotton blend long tights, with single inside leg seam under their shorts and socks.
Sweeney Delenda Est
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:42
Law 4 specifies that a player will wear jersey, shorts, underwear, socks and boots. Female players may also wear, among other additional things, long cotton based tights under shorts and socks (rationale is probably for cultural/religious reasons). The implication appears to be that men are not allowed full leg coverings.

Sorry C, our posts crossed.

Edited by oneagainstthehead - 20 Jun 2019 at 12:43
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:50
Originally posted by oneagainstthehead oneagainstthehead wrote:

Law 4 specifies that a player will wear jersey, shorts, underwear, socks and boots. Female players may also wear, among other additional things, long cotton based tights under shorts and socks (rationale is probably for cultural/religious reasons). The implication appears to be that men are not allowed full leg coverings.

Sorry C, our posts crossed.

Not sure that rule would stand up in court in these days of equality
RAID ON
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 13:00
Gotta agree the ladies additions leave World Rugby open for criticism on everything apart for the chest pads!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 13:47
Pah. Sexist pigs.
Our City,
Our Club
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 13:47
One would think that with the advent of artificial playing surfaces that this may well be in the pipeline for review.

As a male player I would claim my rights are being infringed if women could wear "legging" style tights and I couldn't - thus creating a very quick knee jerk reaction of "ok but must be of matching club kit" criteria.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 13:48
I personally think all skins that show should be in club colours to reduce possibility of confusion.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 13:50
I have a Life of Brian scene running through my brain cell...
Our City,
Our Club
Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 14:04
I have also been at a U15 girls game (in January) where a ref refused to allow play to start until 3 players removed leggings despite being offered a view of that rule (I believe it is reg 19 from memory) - hilariously one of his boots fell apart during the game and his whistle stopped working so Karma rules

What i meant was a set of long undershorts could reach just below the knee protect knees whilst still conforming to the regs as "underwear" not leggins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic