National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

A NEWLY FORMED RUGBY CLUB !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A NEWLY FORMED RUGBY CLUB !
    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 21:07

We have recently formed a new club under our existing club, Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club (ETRC). In the era of professional and amateur rugby, it’s necessary to implement the right structure to provide all rugby players with a pathway that suits their rugby ability and ambition.

Ealing Trailfinders 1871

The Club has decided to create a new club with RFU accreditation for the new season.  The new Club, playing as Ealing Trailfinders 1871, will be closely linked to the existing Ealing Trailfinders structure, share the same facilities but will operate independently within the RFU regulations and compete independently within the RFU league structure. See HERE for more details.

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 17:08
Ah, the London Welsh, London Irish, London Wasps, Harlequins, Saracens model. The pro-club and their amateur affiliate just in case it goes badly.

I joke (probably too cynically) but I think that's great that the local Ealing amateurs will get a chance to play under their home area's name.
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 18:04
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Ah, the London Welsh, London Irish, London Wasps, Harlequins, Saracens model. The pro-club and their amateur affiliate just in case it goes badly.

I joke (probably too cynically) but I think that's great that the local Ealing amateurs will get a chance to play under their home area's name.

I don't think it's cynical at all - I'm sure that'll be a part of why they've done it, and not because I think there's anything sinister in it either. Any pro/semi-pro club backed by a limited company with aspirations to be anything more than a team and some floodlights should do the same. Professional rugby is a fickle business, and many clubs have been grateful to have an amateur arm to step up for them when the wheels have come off. 

Mose were quite famously saved years back from oblivion by their colts and 2nd XV (but probably for safety reasons those days are long gone). LW by contrast had a long tradition of its open amateur XV so when the pro team went pop I had no problem whatsoever with the amateurs assuming the mantle of the senior side. 

What's sad about the recent events at Birmingham & Solihull is that while they've got M&Js, etc, when the 1st XV collapsed that was the end of adult rugby within the structures they'd got. I know they're rebuilding in the merit leagues, but that in itself is symptomatic of a bit of a gap in their previous structure. 

I don't suppose for a second that Ealing are expecting to fold any time soon, but a good community club should do this, both to provide opportunities for local amateurs, and as an insurance policy that the fans might always have an adult side to watch if the worst did happen.

Clubs that don't have open-age amateur sides associated, especially when they're playing in the national leagues with all the attendant risks and expense, are seriously chancing their arm IMO. 
keep the faith
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 23:46
Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

I don't think it's cynical at all - I'm sure that'll be a part of why they've done it, and not because I think there's anything sinister in it either. Any pro/semi-pro club backed by a limited company with aspirations to be anything more than a team and some floodlights should do the same. Professional rugby is a fickle business, and many clubs have been grateful to have an amateur arm to step up for them when the wheels have come off. 

Mose were quite famously saved years back from oblivion by their colts and 2nd XV (but probably for safety reasons those days are long gone). LW by contrast had a long tradition of its open amateur XV so when the pro team went pop I had no problem whatsoever with the amateurs assuming the mantle of the senior side. 

What's sad about the recent events at Birmingham & Solihull is that while they've got M&Js, etc, when the 1st XV collapsed that was the end of adult rugby within the structures they'd got. I know they're rebuilding in the merit leagues, but that in itself is symptomatic of a bit of a gap in their previous structure. 

I don't suppose for a second that Ealing are expecting to fold any time soon, but a good community club should do this, both to provide opportunities for local amateurs, and as an insurance policy that the fans might always have an adult side to watch if the worst did happen.

Clubs that don't have open-age amateur sides associated, especially when they're playing in the national leagues with all the attendant risks and expense, are seriously chancing their arm IMO. 

My thought on this is that they could be looking for in-house development opportunities down the line for their own players in their newly-launched academy with Brunel University. Previously they've loaned out players to London Irish Wild Geese, Chinnor, and others, but perhaps if this Ealing 1871 side climbs the leagues a bit, then that'll be a good proving ground.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 17:34
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 20:22
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Herts/Middlesex 2

What Level is this? 12?
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 21:31
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Herts/Middlesex 2

What Level is this? 12?

No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 19:18
Ealing Trailfinders 1871 played their first ever RFU League against Actonians and won 55 to 29. The team was full of young players who have come through the club minis and youth.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 19:22
Next season the Ealing football Club ( RU ) what is now the pro team ! is a 150 years old ironically we will celebrate together as one club with the newly formed Ealing Trailfinders 1871.Beer
Eel View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 20:19
This in my opinion was A historic day in the club's long history.and to see young men who have come through the minis and youths was fantastic and A good win the icing on the cake
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 17:12
Ealing Trailfinders 1871 played their second game in the Middlesex and Herts 2 league  ( level 10 ) They played West London away from home and won 10 to 72.
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 18:30
I have huge respect for Ealing, but to say it’s a new club is pushing the truth. It sounds like it’s either for tax reasons or to keep the pro team separate.
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 19:16
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

I have huge respect for Ealing, but to say it’s a new club is pushing the truth. It sounds like it’s either for tax reasons or to keep the pro team separate.

Definitely not for tax reasons  ( not sure who you think would save paying the Inland Revenue tax ) but to enable the amateur section of our club to have a long term goal in RFU competitive rugby. It is a separate club with all of the criteria required to be a separate club.

Instead of loaning out players to all and sundry we want players to play for our club . The really talented players will be given the opportunity to play at a higher standard. There are still trials held with our youth teams and open to outside players to make the elite player programme run by the pro Ealing Trailfinders. This is a route to Brunel Academy and to the Pro team.

The aim is level six and it is a long way ahead and will be hard fought. Having watched the first ever league game against Actonians I was amazed at the quality of the rugby on show at level 10. 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 22:46

Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Definitely not for tax reasons  ( not sure who you think would save paying the Inland Revenue tax ) but to enable the amateur section of our club to have a long term goal in RFU competitive rugby. It is a separate club with all of the criteria required to be a separate club.

Instead of loaning out players to all and sundry we want players to play for our club . The really talented players will be given the opportunity to play at a higher standard. There are still trials held with our youth teams and open to outside players to make the elite player programme run by the pro Ealing Trailfinders. This is a route to Brunel Academy and to the Pro team.

The aim is level six and it is a long way ahead and will be hard fought. Having watched the first ever league game against Actonians I was amazed at the quality of the rugby on show at level 10. 

It isn't a new club - it is a new team!
RAID ON
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 16:43
It is a new club with mini`s youth U23`s and 3/4 senior amateur teams. 
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 07:17
Are we sure the two elements didn't just separate? So semantically it can be claimed to be a new club, but realistically it existed and is now "re-branded"......?
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:02
It is a new club registration formed in 2019. There are now two Rugby Clubs . Ealing Trailfinders. Pro team and the newly formed Academy, partnered with Brunel University. Then then the amateur club who have senior mens rugby ,vets rugby,minis and youth, Ealing Trailfinders 1871.

The Joy of (Level) 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joy of (Level) 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:12
So Ealing Trailfinders didn’t have any amateur rugby, minis/juniors etc at all before ET1871 came into existence?
TJOS
Eel View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 16:19
Originally posted by The Joy of (Level) 7 The Joy of (Level) 7 wrote:

So Ealing Trailfinders didn’t have any amateur rugby, minis/juniors etc at all before ET1871 came into existence?
they did very much as both my sons play there but the amateurs wanted league rugby so had to take this step to achieve it as far as I understand
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 16:39
Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

Darlington Mowden Park (DMP) in National 1 recently addopted a similar approach registering DMP Elizabethans into the league structure. 

My feeling it is a way to keep good club players who may not have the required talent to play in National Leagues however want to continue to play club rugby at the club where they may have played Juniors, Minis etc. 

Over the last 5-10 years only a handful of players have come up through the ranks and made the first 15 so they either drop out of the game or move clubs, I think it is a commendable move if for right reasons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic