National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Doncaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doncaster
    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 17:07
It appears that Donnys new head coach Tom Smith has left the club by mutual consent which must be a concern due how near it is to the season start.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 18:04
Originally posted by Keppeltitan Keppeltitan wrote:

It appears that Donnys new head coach Tom Smith has left the club by mutual consent which must be a concern due how near it is to the season start.

Has he gone to Yorkshire Carnegie?

''The future isn't what it used to be''
Keppeltitan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 18:29
That did cross my mind.
barbelhunter View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 21:22
This was never going to work when the DOR
is still calling all the shots in training on a daily basis.
IMHO.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 21:53
Originally posted by barbelhunter barbelhunter wrote:

IMHO.
You'd like to think that their roles would have been defined before he signed. Strange situation.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 08:09
Originally posted by barbelhunter barbelhunter wrote:

IMHO.

Conjecture at this point in time barbelhunter. 

What is of concern is, what alternatives do we have in place? 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 09:39
err, Griff?

Kendo?

Bodes?

anyone as long as we don't get the predictable plays that we had last season
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:03
Originally posted by knightandday knightandday wrote:

err, Griff?

Kendo?

Bodes?

With Griff preparing to retire I was thinking who would line up to replace him at the end of season.

Kendo - has potential but then what of Phoenix / Rugby Development?

Bodes - I thought he may be lined up to take that post at the end of this season, he will do well I suspect.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 13:02
Martyn Wood might be available soon !!!!
Run with it
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 13:38
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

Martyn Wood might be available soon !!!!

If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 15:13
Will the last run by union team in Yorkshire turn the lights out please.
Full Bodied Red View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Bodied Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 15:26
Strange comment. There are many more clubs in Yorkshire than Leeds and why do you imply Doncaster have problems that prevent them playing?
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 16:54
Team after team are having problems in Yorkshire. I sincerely hope that this is an internal Doncaster issue that they can resolve themselves, rather than, as suggested above, yet another side effect of the Leeds/RFU fiasco, which at the moment seems determined to destroy rugby in Yorkshire in the guise of supporting a failed business in Leeds and shoehorning it into a premiership franchise in ten months time.

Sadly, in a couple of years time, if this continues, can see a single professional RU team called Yorkshire [franchiseholder] in Leeds, and no other Yorkshire teams at National League or higher level.

Edited by OldNick - 20 Aug 2019 at 16:55
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 19:55
Old Nick, I think the references to Yorkshire were more tongue in cheek.

It's not unusual for Doncaster to part company with coaches in strange circumstances, thinking of the Brett Davey 'gardening leave' situation.

Edited by knightandday - 20 Aug 2019 at 20:52
AnIdiotAbroad View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnIdiotAbroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 20:09
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

err, Griff?

Kendo?

Bodes?

With Griff preparing to retire I was thinking who would line up to replace him at the end of season.

Bodes - I thought he may be lined up to take that post at the end of this season, he will do well I suspect.

Seems a tad harsh to pile into Knights after the YC debacle. Having had a lad coached by Bodes I cannot speak more highly of him and wish him and the team the very best of luck - unless your are playing Pirates when I hope you all have a mare :)  I personally think DK is a cracking club, well funded who appear to exist within their means  
Transparency avoids ambiguity
Alfred View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 06:40
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Sadly, in a couple of years time, if this continues, can see a single professional RU team called Yorkshire [franchiseholder] in Leeds, and no other Yorkshire teams at National League or higher level.

An unbelievable idea! Unhappy
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 07:35
Originally posted by AnIdiotAbroad AnIdiotAbroad wrote:

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

err, Griff?

Kendo?

Bodes?

Seems a tad harsh to pile into Knights after the YC debacle. Having had a lad coached by Bodes I cannot speak more highly of him and wish him and the team the very best of luck - unless your are playing Pirates when I hope you all have a mare :)  I personally think DK is a cracking club, well funded who appear to exist within their means  

I don't think we have piled in to the Knights, I agree with what you say on Bodes (as I said I thought he was being lined up for the end of this season when Tom was supposed to be DoR after Griff retired).

Totally agree with what you say about DK and I am sure we will do what is required and play to the best of our abilities every single match (Pirates games included Wink )
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 09:30
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50395820

May explain a bitLink

Edited by knightandday - 21 Nov 2019 at 09:31
Tricolour View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricolour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 09:38
Sad news indeed, anything I could say seems relevant.

Edited by Tricolour - 22 Nov 2019 at 13:08
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 13:28
Surprised by some of the comments. My enjoyable visits to Doncaster i have always had the impression it is a well run club.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic