National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - North Premier (N3N) Predictions League Coming Soon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North Premier (N3N) Predictions League Coming Soon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy Mclintosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Premier (N3N) Predictions League Coming Soon
    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 18:19

All,

The start of the season is fast approaching so I wanted to remind everyone who's remotely interested in North Premier that the Predictions League fun starts soon and all are welcome.

Fingers crossed the hardy veterans of the last few years continue, last season’s new comers continue and we get some new players to give it a go.

I’m happy to continue to administer the league again and tot up the weekly scores / post the table, does anyone fancy posting the games and a bit of a roundup / form and select the weeks un-bankable game ? I can do it but you pretty much just get the games with me and no insight or commentary that Sten did before me !

Last years winner was DRANOMIS can he / she make it two years on the trot or will Tulip once again claim the title ? 

Quick recap on the rules for newcomers and scatty headed veterans:

Same as last season - 5pts for a correct result, 10pts for correct league points

Draws - Score 10pts for correct result, 15pts for correct league points

Banker - Double points, & I will declare one game as "unbankable" each week (probably leaning towards easiest prediction on paper)

Winning Margin 

- predict whether each win will be by more than or less than or equal to 10pts. Get it right for 5 additional points per fixture. This will also be subject to banker double up.

We hardly ever have a draw predicted (and that’s normally only Loofighters if I remember correctly) so I will continue to give points either way if the score is exactly 10 points difference. I have never seen anyone predict =10. I think it would only complicate things to do it differently and my Excel totting up template would need even more complicated formula !

Any questions reply to this thread or message me.

It would be really good to get some new players, especially from the teams that join the Northern Premier League this year.  Go on give it a go, it may just be fun.

I’ll post Week 1’s games later in the week.

Willy

I have 4 and a half toilet rolls left !
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 09:58
Count me in, please, Willy.... as a former winner too !
Welshwonder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 20:28
Willy,
     Count me in, if you want to consider me to put the weekly fixtures and comments up , I would gladly do that(being a Cleck follower and strictly neutral !) Let me know please.
Welshwonder
Finkleman View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finkleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 14:15
Any predictions for Champions, play off place & relegation at this stage? 
Silverfish View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 19:27
Count me in please
Silverfish
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 19:56
Originally posted by Pristine Shorts Pristine Shorts wrote:

Count me in, please, Willy.... as a former winner too !

Good luck to the Corinthians this coming season, make it a good one.
What's with you Boo-Boo
Willy Mclintosh View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy Mclintosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 21:42
Welshwonder - Yes please ! Go for it, I am very grateful. Message me if your ever away and need me to post them.

Edited by Willy Mclintosh - 02 Sep 2019 at 21:42
I have 4 and a half toilet rolls left !
Coldwarwarrior View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldwarwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 22:09
Count me in
The advantage law is the best law in rugby, because it lets you ignore all the others for the good of the game.
RAL 3020 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAL 3020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 14:23
I'll give it a punt this season
Seaside Prop View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaside Prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 14:47
Me too, count me in.
Round to oval View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Round to oval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 15:38
I’m in! Cellar dwellers unite.
Face your fears, live your dreams.
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 16:24
Why thanks you, Yogi..... all the best to you too !
azera View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 16:29
I couldn’t see a northern perm new signings tab,but I’ve just heard that Harrogate are paying new prop Dom Musseti in excess of £400 per game plus perks. Crazy
openthegate View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote openthegate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 21:23
Azera I think it's crazy that you could even make that sort of amount up - Think someone is definately pulling your leg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic