National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North One West 2019/20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeppushininthescrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 22:33
I'd like to think if we survive the current nightmare we might come out of it with some honesty.
Waterloo and Birkenhead park seem the clubs capable of having a crack to me. Both in with a chance of winning the league but both with the facilities of a suitable standard. 
Burnage have done fantastically well this season aswell as wilmslow before losing their talisman.
Stockport? 
Northwich?
Kersal? 
Who  after the implications financially would want a crack at the league above anyway,  perhaps park and loo dont fancy it either?
Id say put your hand up if you want to go up and play off pre season. 
If god wills the season starts!

Edited by Keeppushininthescrum - 24 Mar 2020 at 22:34
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:37
Looking at the current situation, I think all clubs will be fully concentrating on survival. I honestly believe from Premier down should remain unchanged next season, give clubs breathing space to stabilise.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 16:00
A agree LF - too much uncertainty and the Prem has got no chance of completing its fixture list . Indeed clubs are still offering tickets whilst salaries are cut.

A strong dose of reality needed from top to bottom.
Keeppushininthescrum View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeppushininthescrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 19:52
This works both ways, some clubs after a challenging season wont want to stay up.
Exiled in Mann View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Exiled in Mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 21:07
You might loose Douglas from the league as due to the stretch of water the IoM should hopefully be able to clear itself of Covid 19 much quicker than the UK. Having cleared itself of Covid 19 it might not be keen to lift all travel restrictions that quickly which might make it difficult for them to play fixtures. Even if it does will the airlines be running a service that enables games to be played. 
I can see Douglas having to pull out of the league, depending on when the RFU is agreeable to rugby starting again, just because they can not travel
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 16:25
Good points made here - I read that RFU facing a major shortfall of £50(?)m has ringfenced cash to support the leagues below the Prem - how far will this stretch.

A good risk analyst should have foreseen a situation where the main source of income ( Twickenham whether for rugby or boy bands) could not be used. It would have taken an extremely focussed individual to foresee the current situation where NO grounds can be used but pandemics aren't unheard of.

Any idea whether these events could/should have been insured against?

For £600k pa I would have expected the CEO to be aware of the need for a strategy given that there would not be a problem selling tickets even at high prices.

Open up that "risk assessment and strategy" file!
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:39
Announcement from the RFU
I guess we’ll find out what the details are tomorrow

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/league-positions-for-professional-and-community-game-confirmed

Quote from the article
"RFU President, Peter Wheeler, said: “We believe that the decisions made provide fair and balanced outcomes for the game and maintain the integrity of the competitions. We have listened to recommendations from the heart of the game and the approach has been ratified by the RFU Council."

I don’t know whose recommendations they’ve listened to but they didn’t ask anyone from Burnage

Edited by MikeGC - 02 Apr 2020 at 10:41
373 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:50
Post was wrong as formula is different than thought. 

Edited by 373 - 02 Apr 2020 at 14:01
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 13:17
Haven't seen details of the release, but a question.

If a team has 5 home games and 3 away games left, does the average home points and average away points get calculated separately or is it just average of games played?
RAID ON
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 13:46
I've heard seperately but can't confirm so each team will have 2 different figures added to their current points total so
Total points at present X
Plus 3 home games x average of"y"
Plus 2 away games x average of "z"
So there's going to be a lot of decimal points knocking around
Some boffin will have run a software programme to calculate the above
Probably not worth trying to work it out yourself as we should know by 6pm tomorrow but I bet some of you will😂😂😂😂
Might be all "boll**ks" anyway
373 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 14:00
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Haven't seen details of the release, but a question.

If a team has 5 home games and 3 away games left, does the average home points and average away points get calculated separately or is it just average of games played?
Could be looking at the newly released standings for the Championship, Newcastle have more points than if it was done on every game counting the same. 
Muttley View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muttley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 17:39
bet griffin has already calculated - rip
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:29
Burnage & Northwich promoted under duckworth Lewis, Loo finish 4th. God knows how that's worked. 
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:56
Looks reasonable to me LF as Burnage are top and Northwich have actually won more games than anyone else so far and have a game in hand over Birk Park. Who do you think should have gone up?

Good luck to both sides next season - it looks like camaraderie and team/club spirit could be significant factors with money likely to be in short supply.
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 17:52
It's a big leap up for either team...but in this case I'm going to applaud the RFU for coming to an early (and most sensible of all the available options) decision. 

At least it gives all clubs the best chance of planning and preparing for next season 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 18:38
No problems with Burnage, best team all season, but when you look at the "points" it's decimals. I posted on the Prem thread about Sandal not being promoted, form team with most games against bottom 1/3 of the table to come... How does that work. Listen, I'm ok with it, I don't understand the decimals guys,. Apparently Northwich going to Midlands so level transfer might have something to do with it. Best of luck to Burn n Nwich  next year & hopefully see a continuation/strengthened Loo team tear it up next season, whenever that may be.
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Exiled in Mann View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exiled in Mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 18:49
Looking across the leagues then there are some decisions it is hard not to argue against. e,g. Keswick I don't think had any realistic chance of avoiding relegation. But teams are separated by a fraction of a point and that makes a difference to promotion and relegation that really just looks lick of the draw  
Man in the know View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man in the know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 09:39
Is it true loo have lost both props and a backrower and the quality center?
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 09:50
Originally posted by Man in the know Man in the know wrote:

Is it true loo have lost both props and a backrower and the quality center?

Well you're the "Man in the know ", so you tell us Wink
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Man in the know View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man in the know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 09:54
Perhaps loo fighters can shed some light on it 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic