National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2019/20 N3LSE Week1 - Event Date: 07 Sep 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2019/20 N3LSE Week1
    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:51
As I raised the question, I thought I would kick off this seasons predictions in the hope that I am not pre-empting anything. Apologies to whoever is taking over from Fatty1973.

TRING 5-1 Rochford Hundreds- A baptism of fire for RH about whom little is known. Tring however fired high in the league last season and expect a good start from them.
BEDFORD ATHLETIC 5-1 Sevenoaks- Was impressed with Ath's performances in 2nd half of last season. Good reports about visitors and expect them to perform well. Fast AW surface.
SIDCUP 5-0 CS Stags 1863- Cup to start with a win at home, although what team will Stags bring to the party
Wimbledon 2-5 LIWG- MOTD. Expect a feast of rugby from two top sides expected to do well. Cant chose between the two, but just favour visitors.
GUILDFORD 4-1 Tunbridge Wells- Not sure what to expect from two of last seasons mid table teams. Both will seek to erase any doubts. Just gone for home advantage.
DORKING 5-2 Guernsey- Expect fast expansive rugby from both sides like the 50-45 result in Guernsey on last meeting. D's have quietly been getting on and will seek to impress doubters. That said, could go either way.
Brighton 0-5 HERTFORD- Welcome to Brighton and the realities of L5. Despite good vibes from the South Coast, Hertford should have too much fire power. A tough intro for the newcomers.

Hoping not to make too much of a fool of myself on this opening day of the season.Ouch  With all clubs being tight lipped over the summer it is hard to know what strengths and weaknesses exist. A big welcome to the league returnees Guernsey and LIWG and promoted sides. This season looks on paper to be the strongest competition for many years. Good luck to ALL.

Edited by FEZ ANT PLUCKER - 03 Sep 2019 at 11:55
Fezantplucker
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:34
Tring 5-0 Rochford - Rude awakening for the (alleged) moneybags visitors
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks - Longest trip Oaks have ever made and on the plastic, advantage to Bedford I say
Sidcup 4-1 Civil Service - Tough one, Home advantage
Wimbledon 5-2 London Irish Amateur - If it's true Irish have lost a few players, then Dons have it and will be back with a vengeance after missing out last time.
Guildford 0-5 Tunbridge Wells - Without Sinckler or Ward, I see Guidford in trouble 
Brighton 0-5 Hertford - Too much experience from Hertford.
Dorking 1-4 Guernsey - Can only see a Guernsey win but want them to stay in the league!

Edited by Robb - 03 Sep 2019 at 14:13
Karlos View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:04
New to this level and most of the teams, all the best for the 19/20 season.

Tring 2 v 5 Rochford
Bedford 1 v 4 7Oaks
Sidcup 4 v 1 CS
Wimbledon 1 v 4 LIWG, Game of the week
Guildford 0 v 4 T Wells
Dorking 1 v 5 Guernsey
Brighton 4 v 1 Hertford
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:13
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Tring 5-0 Rochford - Rude awakening for the (alleged) moneybags visitors
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks - Longest trip Oaks have ever made and on the plastic, advantage to Bedford I say
Sidcup 4-1 Civil Service - Tough one, Home advantage
Wimbledon 5-2 London Irish Amateur - If it's true Irish have lost a few players, then Dons have it and will be back with a vengeance after missing out last time.
Guildford 0-5 Tunbridge Wells - Without Sinckler or Ward, I see Guidford in trouble 
Brighton 0-5 Hertford - Too much experience from Hertford.

Not sure about the Dorking v Guernsey match then Robb...? Wink
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:17
Tring 5 v 0 Rochford
Bedford 5 v 1 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 5 v 0 CS Stags
Wimbledon 4 v 0 LIWG
Guildford 4 v 1 T Wells
Dorking 5 v 1 Guernsey
Brighton 0 v 4 Hertford

Good luck to all !
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:20
Tring 4 v 1 Rochford
Bedford 5 v 0 7Oaks
Sidcup 5 v 0 CS
Wimbledon 4 v 1 LIWG, Game of the week
Guildford 0 v 4 T Wells
Dorking 0 v 5 Guernsey 
Brighton 0 v 5 Hertford
Not a DoR View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not a DoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:25
Ok, been a watcher for many a year and thought it about time I joined in. I think I understand the scoring so here goes:

Tring 5 v 1 Rochford
Bedford 4 v 0 7Oaks
Sidcup 4 v 1 CS
Wimbledon 2 v 5 LIWG
Guildford 4 v 1 T Wells
Dorking 2 v 5 Guernsey 
Brighton 0 v 5 Hertford

I'm probably way off but at least there's 25 other weeks to improve. Good luck all Thumbs Up

Edited by Not a DoR - 03 Sep 2019 at 13:26
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 13:50
Tring  v  Rochford      5-2     The Tring hillside to derail Roch. It does take some getting used to.
Bedford  v  Sevenoaks   5-0   Though Bedford started slowly last year, expect them to pick up how they ended.
Sidcup  v  CS Stags      5-2     Has the grass popped its head through the sand yet? Could go the other way too.
Wimbledon  v  LIWG     5-2     Coin flipped.
Guildford  v  T Wells      1-4    Could be a tough season for Guildford.
Dorking  v  Guernsey     1-5    Not sure about this one.
Brighton  v  Hertford      0-5    Fingers crossed Hertford can dampen what will surely be a lively atmosphere

Expecting some shocks this week. I reckon one of the relegated from above clubs might struggle (someone usually does) and one of the promoted will set off like a steam train until the grind sets in and the wife starts nagging about the long day away from home, things to be done, etc etc.

Good luck to all.
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 14:17
As mentioned very happy to do the scoring this year, now I understand itWacko
Tring  v  Rochford      5-2     Really not sure about this one as Rochford have stormed the lower divisions and it could be a shock but Tring to sneak it 

Bedford  v  Sevenoaks   5-0   Bedford were slow to start last year but came good at the end and expect a better start this year
Sidcup  v  CS Stags      5-1    Going with home advantage as haven't got a clue    
Wimbledon  v  LIWG     0-5     Geese look like they have a large squad and feel Wimbledon may have peaked last year
Guildford  v  T Wells      5-0    Pure guesswork
Dorking  v  Guernsey     5-2    Going with home advantage
Brighton  v  Hertford      0-5    Think the new boys will find it hard going at first

I expect it to be high scoring weekend and with 5 new sides in the league we are stepping into the unknown. Welcome to all the new teams and postersWink
Thames Estuary Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thames Estuary Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 15:03
Tring 5 v 0 Rochford
Bedford 5 v 0 7Oaks
Sidcup 5 v 0 CS
Wimbledon 5 v 0 LIWG
Guildford 0 v 5 T Wells
Dorking 0 v 5 Guernsey
Brighton 0 v 5 Hertford
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 17:41
Is it that time again already?  Welcome back everyone.  Here's to another cracking season.

Tring 5 v 0 Rochford     
No side climbs forever.  Rochford to be comfortable at L5, but Tring have such a good record at home. 

Bedford 5 v 1 Sevenoaks
Bedford looked better the longer last season went on.  Sevenoaks though had a terrific season across the Club last year.  I think Bedford will win, but Sevenoaks won't make it easy and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way.

Sidcup 5 v 0 CS Stags
Sidcup look like they've had a reasonable pre-season.  Too much for Stags.

Wimbledon 4 v 1 LIWG
Wimledon unlucky to not go up last season.  They'll start strong.

Guildford 1 v 5 T Wells
A mixed season for both teams in 18/19 and only 4 points in it on the final table.  Your guess is as good as mine.  

Dorking 5 v 1 Guernsey
Dorking to catch Guernsey cold.  I'm curious to see how strong Guernsey will be this season. 

Brighton 0 v 5 Hertford
Hertford reliable all season long.  Assuming nothing major had gone wrong over the Summer I'd expect them to be around the top 5 again this season.

Rugby70 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rugby70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 22:04
Tring 4-1 Rochford Tough opening game for RH and Tring will welcome them to a new league!
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks on that awful plastic, Bedford will be too strong.
Sidcup 4 v 1 CS Cup are dogged and will grind a result.
Wimbledon 4-1 London Irish Both have too much money, so I don’t care.
Guildford 0-5 T Wells TW should prevail but both will be in the bottom 3.
Dorking 0-5 Guernsey Away side will want to make a statement.
Brighton 0-5 Hertford Tough place to go but Hertford should have enough.

Edited by Rugby70 - 05 Sep 2019 at 21:48
chxlamw View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chxlamw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:42
Tring 5-1 Rochford
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 1 v 4 CS
Wimbledon 5-2 London Irish
Guildford 1-4 T Wells
Dorking 1-4 Guernsey
Brighton 5-2 Hertford

Edited by chxlamw - 04 Sep 2019 at 12:42
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 14:57
I'll give it a go this year if OK.

Tring 4-0 Rochford
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 4-1 CS
Wimbledon 5-1 London Irish
Guildford 1-4 T Wells
Dorking 4-1 Guernsey
Brighton 0-4 Hertford
Storm View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 20:44
Tring 5 v 0 Rochford
Bedford 5 v 0 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 5 v 0 CS Stags
Wimbledon 5 v 1 LIWG
Guildford 2 v 2 T Wells
Dorking 0 v 5 Guernsey 
Brighton 0 v 5 Hertford

Be straight with me and......
Welshie View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 21:34
Tring 5-0 Rockford
Bedford 5-0 Seven oaks
Sidcup 5-0 CS Stage
Wimbledon 4-1 LIWG
Guildford 1-4 T Wells
Dorking 1-5 Guernsey
Brighton 0-5 Hertford
Morgie Man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 09:22
Tring 1-4 Rochford
Bedford 5-1 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 5 v 0 CS
Wimbledon 1-5 London Irish
Guildford 0-4 T Wells
Dorking 1-5 Guernsey
Brighton 1-4 Hertford
when you win say nothing, when you lose say less
WelshCentre View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshCentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 09:30
Tring 5-2 Rochford 

Bedford 4-0 Seven Oaks  

Sidcup 5-0 CS Stags

Wimbledon 5-2 LIWG

Guildford 1-4 T Wells

Dorking 2-5 Guernsey

Brighton 0-5 Hertford

Let the season begin!!

Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 14:06
Tring 4-1 Rochford 
Bedford 2-4 Seven Oaks  
Sidcup 2-4 CS Stags
Wimbledon 5-1 LI Wild Geese
Guildford 1-4 Tunbridge Wells
Dorking 2-5 Guernsey
Brighton 0-4 Hertford

Beer
Surreyben View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 16:53
Tring 4-0 Rochford Hundred
Bedford Athletic 4-0 Sevenoaks
Sidcup 5-0 CS Stags
Wimbledon 4-0 London Irish Wild Geese
Guildford 4-1 Tunbridge Wells
Dorking 4-0 Guernsey
Brighton 1-4 Hertford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic