National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Midlands Premier Prediction League 19/20 - Round 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Midlands Premier Prediction League 19/20 - Round 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midlands Premier Prediction League 19/20 - Round 1
    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 17:00
Dear All

my apologies to all about the tardiness of this post. I have to be honest that given the role I have taken on at my club, I had given little thought to this annual locking of horns until Thatbloke PM'ed me.

I have to say that I am not sure if I will be able to manage this for the whole season but I will get the ball rolling. If there is anyone who would like to take this on then please PM me.

I know there was some discussion about invigorating the format but given the possibilty that someone new may have to take this on, I propose we keep it in the tried and tested format to keep it easy to manage.

For newcomers, predict your match winner from each game being played and score a point. Get all seven matches right and get 3 bonus points, get 4 - 6 right and get 1 bonus point. Most points at the end of the season is the winner. Max points per week is 10.

Please keep the order of predicting the same as is posted

This weeks games are

Bournville V South Leicester

Bridgnorth V Sheffield

Broadstreet V Sandbach

Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions

Burton V Paviors

Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton

Kettering v Newport (Salop)

Best of luck, all

Life is a game but rugby is serious!
One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 17:58
Thank you, Stallion, for taking on the Mids Prem Prediction Jamboree once again.

My guesses for this week are:

Bournville V South Leicester HW - S Leicester have apparently lost a pile of players and Bournville have set quite an expensive stall out

Bridgnorth V Sheffield - HW This should be a routine "W" for Bridgnorth

Broadstreet V Sandbach - HW Broadstreet have some good additions, apparently; so have StBach so could be close

Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions AW The beasts from the east will be strong and not looking to hang around in this league

Burton V Paviors HW Assuming that the Argentinian is allowed to get involved and has support 

Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton HW  Gut feel, that's all

Kettering v Newport (Salop) AW Based on previous games. albeit a few years ago and loyalty!

Harvey Mac View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 18:10
Bournville V South Leicester - HW

Bridgnorth V Sheffield - HW

Broadstreet V Sandbach - HW

Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions -AW

Burton V Paviors - HW

Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton - HW

Kettering v Newport (Salop) - AW

Welcome to the new teams and players on this forum

Good luck to all this year. 

Harv

Edited by Harvey Mac - 03 Sep 2019 at 18:10
Going to have a quiet drink followed by ten noisy ones !!!!!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 18:25
Good to hear from you Stallion - I hope your rebuilding is going well and you will soon be able to enter your new team into the Midlands Leagues Once more
Some teams have been very quiet over the summer with little or no news coming out of the media machines whilst others have been shouting from the rooftops about their signings and ambitions but it remains a fact that only one, maybe two, can realise those ambitions so a lot of clubs will have to face up to disappointment when April comes around
Difficult to disagree with the predictions submitted so far but I am going to vary by one!
Bournville v Sth Leicester HOME
Bridgnorth v Sheffield HOME
Broadstreet v Sandbach AWAY
Bromsgrove v Peterborough Lions AWAY
Burton v Paviours HOME
Doncaster Phoenix v Nuneaton HOME
Kettering v Newport AWAY (Despite quotes from the home website expecting 'a top quartile finish or maybe another promotion') Admirable targets but there's not many go straight through the Leagues at this level
Bottomofthehill View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bottomofthehill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 20:15
Bournville v Sth Leicester HOME
Bridgnorth v Sheffield HOME
Broadstreet v Sandbach HOME
Bromsgrove v Peterborough Lions AWAY
Burton v Paviors HOME
Doncaster Phoenix v Nuneaton HOME
Kettering v Newport AWAY
Old PE teachers never die they just fadeaway!
Rala10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rala10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 20:31
Bournville V South Leicester HW
Bridgnorth V Sheffield HW
Broadstreet V Sandbach HW
Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions AW
Burton V Paviors AW
Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton HW
Kettering v Newport (Salop) HW
Rdh160 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rdh160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 22:45
Bournville v sth Leicester home
Bridgenorth v Sheffield home
Broadstreet v Sandbach away
Bromsgrove v Peterborough away
Burton v paviors home
Doncaster v Nuneaton home
Kettering v Newport away
Rdh
Running Man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Running Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 08:14
Winners this week.
Bournville
Bridgnorth
Broadstreet
Peterborough
Burton
Doncaster
Newport
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 09:18
Bournville v South Leicester HW Chocolatiers making big signings while South possibly in free fall only time will tell.
Bridgnorth v Sheffield HW 'North always good at the Edgar, Sheffield with only 3 wins on the road last season.
Broadstreet v Sandbach HW 'Street difficult to beat at home. 'Bach as ever the unknown quantity home or away.
Bromsgrove v Peterborough Lions AW Lions back to maul the Midlands.
Burton v Paviors HW Brewers to beat play-off winners.
Doncaster Phoenix v Nuneaton HW Phoenix to make a better start this season nothing coming out of Nuns no doubt Section 19 will give us all the Gos when he puts his predictions in Wink
Kettering v Newport (Salop) AW Newport to continue their ambitions to reach Level 4.
Won't see any of you this season good luck to one and all. Insider info always welcome. Wink
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Section19 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Section19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 09:49
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

Bournville v South Leicester HW Chocolatiers making big signings while South possibly in free fall only time will tell.
Bridgnorth v Sheffield HW 'North always good at the Edgar, Sheffield with only 3 wins on the road last season.
Broadstreet v Sandbach HW 'Street difficult to beat at home. 'Bach as ever the unknown quantity home or away.
Bromsgrove v Peterborough Lions AW Lions back to maul the Midlands.
Burton v Paviors HW Brewers to beat play-off winners.
Doncaster Phoenix v Nuneaton HW Phoenix to make a better start this season nothing coming out of Nuns no doubt Section 19 will give us all the Gos when he puts his predictions in Wink
Kettering v Newport (Salop) AW Newport to continue their ambitions to reach Level 4.
Won't see any of you this season good luck to one and all. Insider info always welcome. Wink

Won't be putting in any predictions, for the same reason I haven't previously. The Nuns have undergone major changes, new head coach, plenty of new players so "I'm sorry I haven't a clue".
Cymru am byth.
Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:57
Bournville v sth Leicester home win
Bridgenorth v Sheffield home win
Broadstreet v Sandbach home win
Bromsgrove v Peterborough away win
Burton v paviors home win
Doncaster v Nuneaton away win
Kettering v Newport away win
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:38

Won't be putting in any predictions, for the same reason I haven't previously. The Nuns have undergone major changes, new head coach, plenty of new players so "I'm sorry I haven't a clue".
[/QUOTE]

Somethings never change. It's not all about winning the prediction league it's being able to take the heat when you get it wrong. It's no good hiding on the Nuns website doing predictions and then saying I got them right. Wink Need to man up LOL

Edited by Friendly prop - 04 Sep 2019 at 12:39
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Welshwonder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 15:37
Bournville HW

Bridgnorth HW

Broadstreet HW

Peterborough Lions AW

Burton HW

Nuneaton AW

Newport AW
Welshwonder
Section19 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Section19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 07:04
Bazinga,Wink Bazinga, Thumbs Up Bazinga! LOL  
Cymru am byth.
Scrumlife View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 23:01
Bournville V South Leicester - Aw
Bridgnorth V Sheffield- Aw
Broadstreet V Sandbach- Hw
Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions-Aw
Burton V Paviors- Aw
Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton- Hw
Kettering v Newport (Salop)- Aw
Stallion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:52
Bournville BeesShocked V South Leicester (H) H

Bridgnorth V Sheffield (H)

Broadstreet (H) V Sandbach

Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions  (A)

Burton V Paviors (H)

Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton (H)

Kettering v Newport (Salop) (A)

Life is a game but rugby is serious!
club1870 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote club1870 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 12:05

Bournville V South Leicester HW - Expect Bournville Bees to mount a challenge this season

Bridgnorth V Sheffield HW - Home advantage

Broadstreet V Sandbach HW - Sandbach don't travel well

Bromsgrove V Peterborough Lions AW - Lions should be too strong

Burton V Paviors HW - Hopefully pick up where we left last season

Doncaster Phoenix V Nuneaton HW - No points deduction this season for Phoenix and Nuns were poor last season

Kettering v Newport (Salop) HW - New boys to start with an upset

Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 13:16
Bournville v sth Leicester home Chance to see the new signings are SL going to struggle??
Bridgenorth v Sheffield home Go home
Broadstreet v Sandbach Home Fancy BS this season although somebody says they may have lost a few to Cov
Bromsgrove v Peterborough away No idea on PBs aspirations do they want to go back up?
Burton v paviors home The Mud Monsters will like the rain. Paviors to struggle all season. Is Mr Bosch playing??
Doncaster v Nuneaton home No idea going home
Kettering v Newport Home Am I only one backing K? Not convinced NP will be as strong as recent seasons
Stinger View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 18:51
All complete guess work for first few weeks, but I fancy there will be one or two early surprises.

Bournville v Sth Leicester Home win

Bridgenorth v Sheffield Away win
Broadstreet v Sandbach Home win
Bromsgrove v Peterborough Away win
Burton v Paviors Home win
Doncaster v Nuneaton Away win
Kettering v Newport Away win
Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your dog.     
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 20:02
Bin Licker - Broadstreet lads have gone to Mo's (12,5& 6) not Cov
BUT they have got some IN from Cov so anybody's guess - isn't every game first up??

Edited by Thatbloke - 06 Sep 2019 at 20:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic