National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Round 1 Fixtures, Officials, Team & Predictions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedRound 1 Fixtures, Officials, Team & Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 1 Fixtures, Officials, Team & Predictions
    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 08:43

Round 1

Friday 20 September 

Nottingham  vs Yorkshire Carnegie 19.45

Saturday 21 September  (All at 15.00)

Ampthill  vs Coventry

Bedford Blues  vs Ealing Trailfinders

London Scottish  vs  Cornish Pirates

Doncaster Knights vs Hartpury RFC

Jersey   vs Newcastle Falcons 

Edited by corporalcarrot - 10 Sep 2019 at 21:00
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
elmsall man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmsall man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 09:12
What odds can you get on Nottingham to beat Leeds a k a Yorkshire
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:28
A very hospitable club Nottingham - I'm sure they will be lending some players to Leeds to make up the numbers if required. I'm hoping the pie & Bovril will be up to Donny's usual high standard when I come up in a few weeks.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 10 Sep 2019 at 10:30
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 13:29
Think we will wait and see who the RFU and Yorkshire have got lined up to be DR/Loan players  Bath and Sale have been mentioned . 
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 13:36
On their website Bath have a 1st team squad of 49 and I think only4/5 are off to the world cup so they could happily lend 10 or so to Yorkshire for some match practice. On the other hand Sale show a squad of 31 
Silverfish View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 18:19

Friday 20 September 

Nottingham 5 v 0 Yorkshire Carnegie

Saturday 21 September

Ampthill  0 v 4 Coventry

Bedford Blues 1 v 4 Ealing Trailfinders

Cornish Pirates 5 v 0 London Scottish

Doncaster Knights 4 v 0 Hartpury RFC

Jersey v 5 Newcastle Falcons

Silverfish
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 19:30
For anybody wanting to make a prediction on the Pirates v London Scottish game please note that it will be played at the RAG NOT the Mennaye.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 20:59
Top man Capt. I extracted the original list from
but Pirates & Scottish confirm that it is the RAG so I have amended the original & apologise to Silverfish who should properly review his predictions particularly the one where he predicts Falcons will beat Jersey and score five tries - more chance of Falcons lending Jersey Sam Lockwood & Gary Graham for the match than that Falcons winning at St Peter next week - a home banker surely.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 10 Sep 2019 at 21:06
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:32
Nottingham 5 v 0 Yorkshire Carnegie

Ampthill  0 v 5 Coventry

Bedford Blues 2 v 5 Ealing Trailfinders

Cornish Pirates 5 v 0 London Scottish

Doncaster Knights 4 v 0 Hartpury RFC

Jersey v 5 Newcastle Falcons

Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 08:52
anyone tell me where i can find the fixtures for this pre season cup?  Im looking for week 2 and 3 as travelling and want to take in some kind!! of rugby
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 10:02
Originally posted by Elijah Cadman Elijah Cadman wrote:

anyone tell me where i can find the fixtures for this pre season cup?  Im looking for week 2 and 3 as travelling and want to take in some kind!! of rugby

You may need to click on the 'x' next to Pool 1, and then it should show the fixtures for all 3 pools. Not that easy to navigate around IMHO, but anyway...
Standing On The 40 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Standing On The 40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 09:15
If you’re local to Coventry or fancy paying a visit to the new artificial surface at the BPA, Cov are at home on Saturday 28th v Bedford 4pm kick off (development side play at 12:30h and Ealing at home under Friday night lights the following week at 7:30pm.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:04

Championship Cup, Round 1 Match Officials

Nottingham vs Yorkshire Carnegie
Referee: Hamish Smales
Assistant referees: Ian Bibey , George Richardson
Assessor: Christopher White

Doncaster Knights vs Hartpury
Referee: Neil Chivers
Assistant referees: Simon Park, Gregg Dawson
Assessor: Stephen Leyshon

Ampthill vs Coventry
Referee: Michael Hudson
Assistant referees: Gareth Holsgrove, Jamie Leahy
Assessor: Stephen Leyshon & Robin Goodliffe

Bedford Blues vs Ealing Trailfinders
Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Assistant referees: Gregory Garner, William Burton
Assessor: Nigel Yates & Peter Huckle

Jersey  vs Newcastle Falcons
Referee: Matt Turvey
Assistant referees: Nigel Carrick, Darryl Chapman
Assessor: Andrew Vertigan

London Scottish vs Cornish Pirates
Referee: Thomas Foley
Assistant referees: Clare Daniels, Michael Woods

Mr Turvey's last trip to St Peter was a tad eventful for the visitors London Scottish who had a journey from hell to get to the Island on a foggy day. Having spent over 5 hours on the plane including circling around overhead the airport they eventually got in after a pre-match meal of airline biscuits. A 20 minute warm up and ultimately conceding 6 tries to Jersey in a big defeat before dashing back to the airport. I'm sure Falcon's enormous budget will fund flights and accommodation to avoid the need for a similar day trip.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 17 Sep 2019 at 10:28
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 14:55
Wohoo!!...been looking forward to seeing some rugby for months and here we are only 4 big sleeps away

So let's get cracking with some well informed predictions based on form and which way the wind happened to be blowing up at the airport this morning:

Nottingham 5 v 0 Yorkshire Carnegie ... no brainer really considering the absolute turmoil that has been going on in Headingley. Anything other than 5-0 would be a huge shock

Ampthill 0 v 5 Coventry ... Cov had a cracking season last time out and will want to have an impact early on against the 'newbies' even though we are only in the Cup Group stages.

Bedford Blues 4 v 1 Ealing Trailfinders ... Cracking game first up. Going to be close I think and Blues may just scrape this one, but an open encounter nevertheless.

Cornish Pirates 5 v 0 London Scottish ... Long way to travel for a season opening cup game and I think that the Pirates at home will just be too strong. I do expect LS to improve as the groups progress

Doncaster Knights 5 v 0 Hartpury RFC ... I can't see the West Country 'imports' playing in this one, so a hard fought, but comfortable win for the Knights.

Jersey 4 v 1 Newcastle Falcons ... Here we go then. Not too sure how the Falcons pre-season has gone, but Jersey have had some good challenges with highs and lows. I expect a really hard game and a very tight home win for Jersey to complete the PL set.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 15:21
Scottish are at home to Pirates - I have corrected the original post!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 15:34

Nottingham 4-1 Yorkshire Carnegie -I hope it's a good game and no one gets hurt.
Doncaster Knights 5-0 Hartpury I don't expect many Barbarians to turn out for cup matches so banker bonus point home win.
Ampthill 1-4 Coventry Could go either way but Cov to have a great season.
Bedford Blues 2-5 Ealing Trailfinders Tie of the round by two great attacking teams but Trailfinders will want to start really strong
Jersey 5-1 Newcastle Falcons Banker home win and Jersey to hold Falcons to a single losing bonus point
London Scottish 1-4 Cornish Pirates These two sides usually put on great contests and the end result could go either way.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 17 Sep 2019 at 15:35
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 17:01
Am waiting till teams are announced a couple of sides are using this as a warm up for the league and still suspect YC will turn up with some extra Dr / Loanees although they may save their cash and introduce them at the start of the league matches
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 18:29
Originally posted by JonDee JonDee wrote:

Am waiting till teams are announced a couple of sides are using this as a warm up for the league and still suspect YC will turn up with some extra Dr / Loanees although they may save their cash and introduce them at the start of the league matches

They will `loan` players from other clubs during the league fixtures throughout the seasonCry

Edited by No 7 - 17 Sep 2019 at 18:33
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 09:52
Finally the waiting is over:

Nottingham 5-0 Yorkshire Carnegie - Hopefully Notts start well
Doncaster Knights 5-0 Hartpury - It will be interesting to see Hpury squad, Knights better than last year..
Ampthill 4-1 Coventry - Great start for Amps
Bedford Blues 2-5 Ealing Trailfinders Tie of the round by two great attacking teams but Trailfinders will want to start really strong - agreed
Jersey 1-5 Newcastle Falcons Pre-season opener for Falcons, but expect they have too much for a very good Reds team
London Scottish 1-5 Cornish Pirates Pirates stronger than last year, think Scottish might struggle this year.

Run with it
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:33
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Scottish are at home to Pirates - I have corrected the original post!

Thanks CC, I shall revise my prediction:

LS 2 - 5 Pirates ... A long way for the Pirates to travel, but I think that they will still have too much for a LS side that will give it a good go up to the final whistle. Could be a few points in this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic