National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Offside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offside
    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 19:57
There are more comments about offside than virtually any other topic and its driving me nuts.

Having watched the world cup so far every team has been slightly offside on a regular basis this goes for last years Premiership and the Championship matches I have watched over the last  years . It goes for level 3 ,4 ,5 ,6  which I also watch if every offside was pulled up I reckon a match would last nearly 2 hours.

At the top levels if it results in a try or scoring opportunity many are picked up at lower levels it normally gets a shrug of the shoulders or the regular culprits will be going on about it in the bar after the match.

Its part of rugby please because the officials cannot pick every instance up can we accept the slight offsides and stop moaning if its blatant I would be leaping up and down just like the rest.
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 21:31
It's a big talking point because constant offside spoils and prevents any sort of attacking running play. If the referees & TJs would actually start enforcing it then the players would soon adapt.

Much harder in the amateur game where the ref alone has to concentrate on everything, but there is no excuse in the pro game for the TJ's not to see offside.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 07:16
Originally posted by Count Ford Count Ford wrote:

It's a big talking point because constant offside spoils and prevents any sort of attacking running play. If the referees & TJs would actually start enforcing it then the players would soon adapt.

Much harder in the amateur game where the ref alone has to concentrate on everything, but there is no excuse in the pro game for the TJ's not to see offside.

Totally agree CF - some teams seem more adept at infringing the line and at time can potentially be a meter + in front. Officials should be pulling teams up on it, they would soon learn to place themselves correctly, when the penalty count starts to hurt.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic