National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2019/20 LSE3 Week 4 predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbo's Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 00:56
Early days, but here's hoping Combe are on the way back! I should try to keep my hand in.

Bedford                                  Sidcup 0- 4  Bedford  seem to have fired late last season and may still  do so   again!

CS Stags                                 Dorking            1-4   Big  relegation  derby   but  if you believe everything Dorking tell you ,  wise up!

LIWG                                     Brighton 5-1   Brighton seem to be finding the step up pretty challenging.        

Sevenoaks                               Guildford 1-4   Kent's   wealthiest  may need to go to their pockets again soon!

Tring                                        Wimbledon    0-4  Not that sure from what  little experience I have of Tring.  Rumour has it that Wimbledon are  absolutely desparate for success!

Tunbridge Wells                      Hertford 0-5   Bye, bye TW ! Hope we do not see you soon!         

Rochford                                 Guernsey 1-4  Not  my  banker  by any means given   home advantage and  Rochford's  impressive money fuelled  run. Sides coming up also  tend to beat sides going down but I have a hunch!.

Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 07:36
"Sevenoaks   Guildford 1-4   Kent's wealthiest  may need to go to their pockets again soon!"

OE's, Blackheath, Canterbury, TJ's, Westcombe Park & Medway won't agree with you giving Oaks that title.
alacadoo trainee View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alacadoo trainee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 08:23
Bedford 0 v Cup 5
Brexiteers 4 v Dorking 1
Irish 5 v Beach boys 0
7/8oaks 4 v Guildord 1
Tring 4 v wombles 1
Tonbridge 0 v Hertford 5
1000s 1 v islanders 4
thedeadgorilla View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeadgorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 09:41
Originally posted by Gumbo's Ghost Gumbo's Ghost wrote:

Early days, but here's hoping Combe are on the way back! I should try to keep my hand in.

Sevenoaks                               Guildford 1-4   Kent's   wealthiest  may need to go to their pockets again soon!

Not sure if you are blatantly disrespecting Sevenoaks or you are just envious of their recent success!

Edited by thedeadgorilla - 28 Sep 2019 at 09:41
Radders
Dangerous Dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangerous Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 11:25
Bedford 0-5 Sidcup
CS Stags 1-5 Dorking
LIWG 5-0 Brighton
Sevenoaks 5-1 Guildford
Tring 1-5 Wimbledon
Tunbridge Wells 1-4 Hertford
Rochford 1-4 Guernsey
#YAMS
dave2dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave2dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:38
So Tring beats Bedford by 19

then Sidcup beat Tring by 4

Then Bedford beat Sidcup by 1

Ying Yang

Edited by dave2dave - 28 Sep 2019 at 18:49
Rugby70 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rugby70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 23:57
It’s called an amateur club dealing with injuries and players going to Japan! Players don’t commit to the rugby season like yesteryear and when you are managing a smallish squad results will differ. TJs on the road today at Bournemouth, thumped them, but cancelled their 2s game last night through lack of players. Preferences are different now and especially so in National One and Two. Our Club was lively until the last bell, but if you are going to change the model of your club through paying players, then you are potentially killing off your 2s,3s and so on. It’s a Club’s individual choice but we have seen casualties and there will be more. Grassroots is the key.
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 16:25
Thank you "the dead gorilla" for hauling "Gumbo's Ghost over the coals for purveying fake news. Sevenoaks have never and still do not pay players - period.
"Heaven prosper our sport"
Moreclubsthantiger View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moreclubsthantiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 22:21
That’s a lie!!! I know a welsh lad there whom I’ve played alongside. I can assure you he is receiving a match day win bonus. That sir is being paid!!! You can get off your high horse now!!

Edited by Moreclubsthantiger - 30 Sep 2019 at 22:22
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 08:59

#lessbrainsthantigger
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:19
 TJs on the road today at Bournemouth, thumped them, but cancelled their 2s game last night through lack of players. Kent table shows TJs 2s top of the table in their league. 

Perhaps they rested some squad players rather than play a friendly game? 
Kentishman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:37
Keith I’m not sure which of the 2 Welsh boys you are talking about but I would be keen to know which it is. I happen to know them both very well and can assure you they are not being paid. I remember the President buying a jug of lager for the boys after a game. Is that payment? If so, does he also get in trouble for buying beers for the opposition?!!
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:49
Originally posted by Moreclubsthantiger Moreclubsthantiger wrote:

That’s a lie!!! I know a welsh lad there whom I’ve played alongside. I can assure you he is receiving a match day win bonus. That sir is being paid!!! You can get off your high horse now!!

I forgot to say.... are you a lier or just a moron? Not sure which of the Welsh boys would want to play with you. With a name like “moreclubsthantiger” perhaps that’s a reflection on your own need to move for the money??!!!
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moreclubsthantiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 14:22
You sure do like an argument don’t you, you strike me as another keyboard warrior the way you come across with your words. I wonder if you’d use these in person??
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 15:44
Oh I do love these holier than though forum posts, it will always go down to what a persons view on paying players is. Such a pity Kentishman let himself down with his grammar!! 

I'm sure Oaks are "whiter than white" now and with the current RFU rules for paying players they are playing by the rules.  

I'm sure certain local Kent clubs are just waiting for evidence to hang each other after the Medway debacle. At the time there were some interesting comments on how rife paying was in Kent and how blinkered the enquiry was.
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 17:39
Originally posted by Moreclubsthantiger Moreclubsthantiger wrote:

You sure do like an argument don’t you, you strike me as another keyboard warrior the way you come across with your words. I wonder if you’d use these in person??

Simple fact is that you have come on here stating facts that are simply lies. I would happily call you a moron to your face.
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 17:48
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Oh I do love these holier than though forum posts, it will always go down to what a persons view on paying players is. Such a pity Kentishman let himself down with his grammar!! 

I'm sure Oaks are "whiter than white" now and with the current RFU rules for paying players they are playing by the rules.  

I'm sure certain local Kent clubs are just waiting for evidence to hang each other after the Medway debacle. At the time there were some interesting comments on how rife paying was in Kent and how blinkered the enquiry was.

Hi Cannon, the important difference between my comments on here those of our tiger friend are that mine come from a factual standpoint. His, I’m afraid, are all fabricated lies intended to cause trouble. Nobody has been on here claiming their club is “whiter than white” but to categorically say that a club is paying match fees, when it is not, is totally out of order. He needs to step up or shut up. Hope that grammar was ok for you!!
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moreclubsthantiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 20:45
If ever your team play Cornish come and say hello and I’ll buy you a pint Mark.
Kentish Odd balls View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Odd balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 21:19
Originally posted by Kentishman Kentishman wrote:

Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Hi Cannon, the important difference between my comments on here those of our tiger friend are that mine come from a factual standpoint. His, I’m afraid, are all fabricated lies intended to cause trouble. Nobody has been on here claiming their club is “whiter than white” but to categorically say that a club is paying match fees, when it is not, is totally out of order. He needs to step up or shut up. Hope that grammar was ok for you!!

Payment doesn't have to be in match fees.....

I'm not one to stir the pot, but being local to Sevenoaks and knowing plenty of current coaches and players at most of the clubs in my area (TJs, T Wells, 7 Oaks, Combe etc) that the "we don't pay anything" I feel is a bit stretched. 
Whilst money may not change hands, 7 Oaks has had its fair share of "foreign" players in recent years. Now 7 Oaks is lovely and it may be the case that players travel from the other side of the world of their own accord to live and work there....or it may not be. 
What I think isn't based on any facts, just talking with well connected people in the local rugby network. I try to take everything I hear in the rugby circles with a pinch of salt but equally there usually isn't smoke with at least some embers. Or it may genuinely be a load of twaddle! 

This will probably be construed as a "dig". It's really not. Out of all of my local clubs, I've always liked 7 Oaks and the way they have operated in recent years. With an incredible emphasis on "one club" and creating an atmosphere that people want to be involved in. Hat's off to all involved. 

But one thing you will have to accept at this level is that you won't change what people think of your club when it comes to the whole "payment" issue. Not that I see it as an issue if it's done in the right way. The rumor mill is rife and stubborn. 

Just enjoy the ride. No one really cares what's going on outside of these forums anyway. 7 Oaks is enjoying incredible success at the moment. 

Edited by Kentish Odd balls - 01 Oct 2019 at 21:24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic