National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Round 2 Fixtures, Officials, Team & Predictions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedRound 2 Fixtures, Officials, Team & Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:08
As expected. First decent Bed attack, a try. 9-10
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:15
Cov 16-10 Bed
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:21
16-17
Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:23
ET 43 - 5 Amp. Ealing squandered probably 6 or 7 further scoring chances within the 5 meter line due to knock ons. Two or three clean breaks with unnecessary dropped passes as well. Probably the least impressive 43 - 5 win that you could imagine. Ampthill look like a team that should be able to stay up with Leeds in the mix.

Edited by gerg_861 - 28 Sep 2019 at 17:24
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:27
23-17
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:36
26-17
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 17:44
Cov 26-17 Bed FT
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 09:00
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the Hartpury-Jersey score was?

tweeting away today Brizz & you weren't even following! Cry

brief summary:

Full-time: Hartpury Uni 13 Jersey Reds 24. A decent display by the visiting side for their first competitive win of the season. Playing into a tricky wind we scored first-half tries from Slowik & Williams but the hosts crossed late on to make it 8-12 at the break. The win was secured thanks to second-half tries from Van Dam & Williams' 2nd (the latter after an intercept & 95m sprint to the line). Hartpury crossed with a few mins to play but it was too late & a fairly comfortable 0-5 win on points for our side...
Great summary by Islander. My own thoughts:
  • Wind hugely dictated the way the match was played and Jersey handled it better than Hartpury. I would have loved to see Pembo play yesterday he can give a masterclass in conditions like that.
  • I scored Jersey's performance B- compared to C last week against falcons. Error rate and penalty count was hugely better (they will never beat good sides if they play a quarter of the match a man short). The jersey forwards always had the edge but fair play Hartpury competed really well in this area and won most of their own ball at set piece. The midfield defence and backrow were excellent even without Kuki and back three have pace to burn - all of the tries by the backs would you believe it from a Jersey team?. Half backs were a bit ponderous but perhaps the conditions dictated that. When Jersey play their A+ game they could beat Falcons and Ealing so I remain hopeful.
  • I don't like the widespread loan policy Hartpury employ but if the regs allow it good luck to them. The playing surface is magnificent and Rupert Harding could get into any team in this league imo a cracking player. They seemed to lack spark behind the scrum and the odd "hail mary" pass probably gifted Jersey the try bonus point. They are good certainly enough to win games in this league.
  • Imet up with a horde of Irish & Quins supporters in Reading on the way back and they send regards to Jersey fans and report well on our old players who have joined them.
  • Donny next week - extra pie please.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 15:48
HT Newcastle Falcons 24 Doncaster Knights 0
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 16:25
43-0
Hard day at the office
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 16:45
57-0 on 80 minutes
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 16:46
Impressive from Falcons . . .  looks like a two horse race again, I would then say Coventry  looking good for the cup and a top 4 finish . . Cov and Falcons will have players returning in the next month.
Run with it
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 17:28
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

Impressive from Falcons . . .  looks like a two horse race again, I would then say Coventry  looking good for the cup and a top 4 finish . . Cov and Falcons will have players returning in the next month.
I fully agree with the first couple of points in this post although I still expect Falcons & Ealing to each lose between 3 & 5 matches this season (the ultimate winner to be the one which only loses 3 whilst the second loses 5 - and great contest if they both lose only 4). I suspect a few Championship Clubs other than Cov & Falcons will hope to have players returning from the World Cup & be targeting the Cup. In my dreams I am hoping that Jersey play Falcons in the final and more than happy to travel to KP to win it there followed by a night on the Toon. Nowt wrong with blind optimism down here in St Ouen.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 29 Sep 2019 at 17:32
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Donnyknightsfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 17:53
My thoughts on that game are that I’m not really fussed about the result. Yes losing 57-0 was disappointing but i didn’t expect Donny to win at Falcons. Newcastle will be very hard to beat this season. I don’t see them losing much.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 20:47
At Coventry we only have one player on our books to return after the RWC - David Halaifonua, who got so close to scoring before being shoulder barged out today f play on Saturday. Given the current performance of our FB and wings he’ll get into the team on rotation, but will have to fight hard to make a position his own.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 20:56
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

At Coventry we only have one player on our books to return after the RWC - David Halaifonua, who got so close to scoring before being shoulder barged out today f play on Saturday. Given the current performance of our FB and wings he’ll get into the team on rotation, but will have to fight hard to make a position his own.

Two more currently playing elsewhere though; Purdy & Forsyth, both of whom will probably expect to be first choice in their positions. I wonder if that'll be the case though.
Intriguing prospect.
Our City,
Our Club
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 21:27
Absolutely.
I look forward to seeing them, but I’m not counting chickens.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 23:11
Ahh...yes. I wanted to mention two things for folks travelling to Vallis Way this year:

1. Ealing council, in its infinite Wisdom, has reduced all roads near Vallis Way to 20 mph, and they are enforcing vigorously, so drive slowly.

2. Trailfinders built a nice new toilet block underneath the new stand. My daughter tells me the ladies is much nicer than in the older block.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 08:51
My recollection is that 4 bonus points were awarded for guessing the winner of all matches correctly, and 10 bonus points if one guessed the exact outcome correctly on all matches. We had some good predictors this weeks.

Round 2 Silverfish All the Way Brizzer CC runitback gerg_861 Welshie7 JonDee Cannon Castleparknight
Hartpury Jersey 0-5 0 1 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 2
Leeds Pirates 0-5 0 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 2 2
Ealing Ampthill 5-0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
Coventry Bedford 4-0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1
Scottish Nottingham 4-1 0 2 0 1 1 0 2 0 2 0
Newcastle Doncaster 5-0 0 2 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 1
Bonus 0 4 0 4 4 0 4 0 4 0
total 0 14 7 12 14 8 15 7 15 8
aggregate across 2 weeks 6 21 13 17 20 13 21 13 21 8
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:28
Originally posted by Donnyknightsfan Donnyknightsfan wrote:

My thoughts on that game are that I’m not really fussed about the result. Yes losing 57-0 was disappointing but i didn’t expect Donny to win at Falcons. Newcastle will be very hard to beat this season. I don’t see them losing much.

I was very much fussed around the result, we didn't send our A team and then we got stuffed. Real happy to have blown £40 - a few boys stood up and were counted and when I see them I will tell them so.

Yes Newcastle looked good, but we made them look even better by not running out a strong squad - "We are taking the cup seriously" so said the DoR - Yeah Right.......
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic