National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship 19-20 - Round 1 predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 21:34
I can’t eait for next week now, some serious looking fixtures and we are only moving in to week 2.
Exciting stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 21:56
Originally posted by JonDee JonDee wrote:

Seriously well done to all the teams there have been a number of interesting results lets see what the table looks like at Christmas

Especially as Ealing play Newcastle on the 21st! Given the hot water I'm in with the wife for moving our flights abroad at Christmas to let me catch the game, it better still be relevant!
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 22:27

Can someone from Nottingham take a photo of the table now please 

I have done! I’m not sure how to post it on here though?!
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 07:55
Originally posted by maire23 maire23 wrote:

Save it for those long winter days it will keep us warm and happy  SmileSmile
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 08:48
Great first match at the Mennaye yesterday on the newly laid pitch and in unseasonal warm weather.
In truth the margin could have been wider as three Pirates placekicks hit the post.
Ealing seemed a bit devoid of ideas when it became clear that the one-outpower game wasn’t working. The half time replacements made a difference and they enjoyed much more possession in the second half, with only a very well taken individual try to show for it.
Bit disappointing to hear James Lowes’ expletive riddled rant at home supporters late in the first half.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 09:13
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Great first match at the Mennaye yesterday on the newly laid pitch and in unseasonal warm weather.
In truth the margin could have been wider as three Pirates placekicks hit the post.
Ealing seemed a bit devoid of ideas when it became clear that the one-outpower game wasn’t working. The half time replacements made a difference and they enjoyed much more possession in the second half, with only a very well taken individual try to show for it.
Bit disappointing to hear James Lowes’ expletive riddled rant at home supporters late in the first half.

Lowes did nothing but moan, whinge and rant at all and sundry for the whole game. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion, but he was out of order. Hope he enjoyed the long trip home.

stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 09:23
Who is James Lowe? Is he the NZ player?

Edited by stadium - 14 Oct 2019 at 09:29
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:01
Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

Who is James Lowe? Is he the NZ player?

No - he's the unsuccessful Yorkshire Carnegie coach who Ealing brought in for some reason. He isn't even listed as the Head Coach - slightly unclear what his role is to me, but I'm embarrassed to hear that he didn't comport himself well.

Ealing has had massive trouble finishing at the try line for some time now. Per my analysis of the Ampthill game, most of their tries were coming from open play, but when they were near the line they couldn't find their way through the majority of the time. I don't know what the answer is, but it isn't to just keep canonballing into the defense. That just leads to Jordy Reid coughing up the ball.
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:00
Good for us but bad move by Ealing not to start Burns for this game, He ran the show at the Mennaye last season and scored three tries. His try yesterday was the best move by Ealing the whole game but by then  Pirates were  all but home and dry.
Tricolour View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricolour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:33

Ye of little faith Jon, you had the boys down for a loss!
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:46
Originally posted by Tricolour Tricolour wrote:

Ye of little faith Jon, you had the boys down for a loss!

After Ampthill beat Bedford was hedging my hopes much rather lose on predictions than the actual gameWinkWink
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 14:06
Googled James Lowes. Spent most of his career in Rugby League playing at Leeds Rhinos and Bradford Bulls. Very little on his CV involving his experience in Rugby Union. Perhaps that explains his Frustration/Rants on Sunday. Ealings DOR Ben Ward gave a good summary of the game on their website.
The Perfect Ten View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Perfect Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 15:34
From the twitter feed on the match it looks like a couple of sloppy restarts gifted the Pirates scrums in the centre of the pitch from which they scored tries on both occasions. Not to take away anything from what was very much a top class performance by the Pirates!
Mark Smith View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

aka 'Ramshackle Smith'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 15:58
Video highlights from London Scottish v Newcastle Falcons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jzF_G8-CA&t=9s

Edited by Mark Smith - 14 Oct 2019 at 16:00
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 16:41
Looks like some good running rugby from Newcastle but that's the highlights what was the other 70 minutes like
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 17:19
Yes, just checking the Web and found that Ormstead signed for Biarritz last week, can't understand that...leaving Newcastle for sun drenched southern France!!!!!!
Mark Smith View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

aka 'Ramshackle Smith'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 18:28
Newcastle did not renew Evan’s contract following his short term deal, so he was a free agent.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 09:16
Well done to Stalwart for predicting the winner in all the contests correctly. That puts him on top. CC - sorry.

Donnyknightsfan Stalwart dropout22 AuntyM runitback B Cap CC gerg_861 Welshie7 castleparknight Brizzer French Knight Standing on the 40 All the Way Cannon JonDee The Perfect Ten
Hartpury Doncaster 0 - 4 1 1 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 2 2 1 1 1 1 1
Ampthill Nottingham 0 - 5 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 1 1 1 0 0
Jersey Coventry 5-1 1 1 0 2 0 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Scottish Newcastle 1 - 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1
Pirates Ealing 5 - 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Yorkshire Bedford 0 - 5 1 2 1 2 2 2 0 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 2
Bonus 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
total 5 11 4 7 4 5 3 7 7 5 8 6 4 5 5 6 5
Bonus points for all winners right = 4
Bonus points for all predictions exactly right = 10
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 15:56
Nottingham v London Scottish 5 - 0
Newcastle  v Hartpury 5- 0
Ealing v Jersey 4 -0 
Knights  v Cornish Pirates 1 - 4 
Ampthill  v Leeds 4 - 0 
Coventry  v Bedford 4 - 1
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 16:47

Nottingham v London Scottish 5 - 0
Newcastle  v Hartpury 5- 0
Ealing v Jersey 4 -0 
Knights  v Cornish Pirates 1 - 4 
Ampthill  v Leeds 4 - 0 
Coventry  v Bedford 4 - 1
Wrong place/ Topic JD!

Edited by Cannon - 17 Oct 2019 at 16:48
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic