National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

TJ’s Vs Taunton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawky666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TJ’s Vs Taunton
    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 21:42
My lot had a fantastic bounce back from their loss last week against Taunton. So I had a close eye on Tonbridge Vs Taunton today. What happened? Because that could be the result of the season for TJ’s today. Was anyone there? Fair play

Edited by Hawky666 - 06 Oct 2019 at 07:33
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 22:00
Originally posted by Hawky666 Hawky666 wrote:

My boys had a fantastic bounce back from their loss last week against Taunton. So I had a close eye on Tonbridge Vs Taunton today. What happened? Because that could be the result of the season for TJ’s today. Was anyone there? Fair play

Sounds like one way traffic at Dry Leas, didn’t expected that score today! TJ’s are my favourites to win the league, unless we can beat them twice?!
'Go The Hawks!'
Hawky666 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawky666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 22:44
They have obviously formed a formidable new Half Back partnership with Walsh and Robinson which I’m sure we could have guessed. Both Wings seem to be free scoring. But it seems this year they are converting what was 4 points into 5, every game? Rams mindset? Is their pack good enough to see it through?

Edited by Hawky666 - 06 Oct 2019 at 07:09
Hawky666 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawky666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 23:56
Originally posted by Clueless like most Clueless like most wrote:

WTF happened to Taunton at TJs today. Was there a red card ?

By all accounts there was a yellow???
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 13:13

Originally posted by Clueless like most Clueless like most wrote:

WTF happened to Taunton at TJs today. Was there a red card ?

By all accounts there was a yellow???

They shipped points during yellow card, but according to Taunton Twitter posts there defensive frailty (which I saw at Worthing a few weeks ago) returned.

Picked up a bonus point at the end of the game - might be significant, however Henley & TJs remain my favourites for the top 2 spots (I was surprised by Henleys defeat at Taunton - they obviously got over it quickly)
RAID ON
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 16:58
A yellow won’t have a 11 try affect on any side. Perhaps they are just playing well.
Hawky666 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawky666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 17:54
Of course. Can’t imagine it affecting the game too much but certainly makes a difference psychologically. Clueless are you associated with TJ’s? Could you enlighten us to something TJ’s are doing differently this year? Because it’s working.

Edited by Hawky666 - 06 Oct 2019 at 18:03
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 19:14

They have obviously formed a formidable new Half Back partnership with Walsh and Robinson which I’m sure we could have guessed. Both Wings seem to be free scoring. But it seems this year they are converting what was 4 points into 5, every game? Rams mindset? Is their pack good enough to see it through?

If I recall correctly, they ended the last season with a number of 5 point wins.

Each year they have improved and as you say they have 2 really good half backs.
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 21:09
I watch from time to time but watched Blackheath win at home Sat.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 21:10
I think that is 24 wins in the last 25 for TJs 18 in a row with a bp
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 21:11
Last loss away to London Irish last season. Beating Rams in that run of wins.
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 15:17
I was not at the game but something I have noticed in the games I have watched this season is that the Taunton defence seems to improve when Julian Salvi plays. I know one man shouldn't make that much difference but maybe his organisational skills are important. His role at Exeter Chiefs is defence coach after all.
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic