National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

No pirates livestream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No pirates livestream
    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 08:48
Just an FYI, anyone planning their Sunday around watching Pirates v. Ealing on the Facebook livestream should make other plans as it was scrapped due to technical difficulties.

Makes me even more annoyed about the Sunday kickoff. If it was Saturday, then I would have travelled and made a weekend of it.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 09:37
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Just an FYI, anyone planning their Sunday around watching Pirates v. Ealing on the Facebook livestream should make other plans as it was scrapped due to technical difficulties.

Makes me even more annoyed about the Sunday kickoff. If it was Saturday, then I would have travelled and made a weekend of it.

Shame about the live stream. The Fri/Sat/Sun conundrum is a tough one. I'm pretty sure we get more "locals" on an Sunday - people who play or watch other Cornish teams on Saturdays; but of course to makes to difficult for away supporters, especially those who have to work.
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:11

I am getting  little tired of this Pirated play on Sunday angst. Other clubs play Friday night or Sunday. I remember making plans to go to both Bedford and Nottingham for Saturday games only for them to be switched to Friday night. Penzance is not Outer Mongolia and there are train services. 
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:02
Originally posted by Capt Sparrow Capt Sparrow wrote:

I am getting  little tired of this Pirated play on Sunday angst. Other clubs play Friday night or Sunday. I remember making plans to go to both Bedford and Nottingham for Saturday games only for them to be switched to Friday night. Penzance is not Outer Mongolia and there are train services. 

Would agree with you Capt Sparrow at our level clubs have to do what's best for them and their supporters. Unfortunately this can disadvantage the visiting supporters which is very sad I loved meeting up with the Pirates fans especially when you stayed over .  
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:07
Originally posted by Capt Sparrow Capt Sparrow wrote:

and there are train services. 

Which would cost me a minimum of £185 off peak (or £350+ for an 'anytime') return, and take seven and a half hours minimum each way.
And that's just me travelling. Don't think I'd get away with leaving SWMBO behind to be honest.
The last time I did it it actually took well over nine hours due to unforeseeable delays caused by a slow running excursion steam train on the line causing us to miss our connection in Devon.
The train argument just doesn't work as far as I'm concerned, and I'd guess I'm not alone.
Shame, as it makes for a good weekend. If it was a Saturday game i'd consider trolling down in the tin box, saving a fortune - even if it's potentially a bit more tiring (although I'd argue I was rather fatigued after the last train marathon).
PS. I just checked the price from Newcastle out of interest. £500 open return. LOL
Our City,
Our Club
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:40
Last year I took the coach from the Midlands due to the cost of the train. Apart from also costing me two overnight stays, it also took 13 hours each way., and a Monday off work. It might as well be Outer Mongolia. It is a major and quite deliberate inconvenience to visiting supporters playing matches on a Sunday, and it is irrelevant that a few other clubs also choose to play at difficult times.
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:29
Surely you can find a few more supporters to go as a group  in the old days (sadly no more) the Green Army used to organise a coach to Pirates went a couple of times stayed over night and came back after the game £40 + B@B . Pirates used to do the same to Nottingham we had some cracking times
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:31
[QUOTE=JonDee]Surely you can find a few more supporters to go as a group  in the old days (sadly no more) the Green Army used to organise a coach to Pirates went a couple of times stayed over night and came back after the game £40 + B@B . Pirates used to do the same to Nottingham we had some cracking times[/QUOTE

Also car shared when there wasn't a coach again stayed over but a lot quicker travel
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 14:34
I dont really want to start an argument about train fares because I don't know where people live or which way they would have travelled to Penzance but recently my wife and I travelled to stay with friends in Market Harborough Leics. As we would not have needed a car whilst staying at our friends we decided to go by train When I first looked up the fares I was a bit shocked to see £290 quoted, not each btw that was for two. I suppose I'm lucky being retired and have time to trawl the internet for cheaper options, and I bought advance singles Penzance to London/St  Pancras to Mkt Harborough and doing same on the return for £190.00 Total for two. Time travelling up was just 61/2 hrs up and slighty longer back due to a slower train back to Penzance taking 45  minutes longer than the train up to London. Obviously that is just travel time but Paddington to St Pancras is a short trip. Yes it is a lot of money but I have been to Jersey three times to watch the Pirates which is an expensive trip so I guess it is down to personal choice if the idea of a week end or day trip is doable or an inviting enough match to want to make the trip whether by train, plane,  coach or car. 

Dan Gleebles View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 14:44
My last trip to Pirates was planned around a Sunday game actual game was on a Saturday. I took a Friday off for travel down and had a fantastic long weekend. 15.4.2017. It was Easter. 40.40 draw as I remember.
AnIdiotAbroad View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnIdiotAbroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 21:44
Facebook live stream back on without audio for this week.

Looking at some of the travel posts I did a recent round trip on Flybe from Yorkshire for £80, if you are travelling in a group call the Pirates Bus minibus service to pick you up and return to Newquay airport.  
Transparency avoids ambiguity
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 22:34
Originally posted by AnIdiotAbroad AnIdiotAbroad wrote:

Facebook live stream back on without audio for this week.

Looking at some of the travel posts I did a recent round trip on Flybe from Yorkshire for £80, if you are travelling in a group call the Pirates Bus minibus service to pick you up and return to Newquay airport.  

Thanks for the info - stupidly I'd never considered flying. Car from my house is 6 hours, and train is several hundred pounds. I may give this a try next year as I live about a twenty minute drive from Heathrow.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 09:48
Stop Press

Pirates Facebook live stream today back on but without audio.
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:13
 Heathrow to Newquey Seven  days a week and four flights a day. Also flights from Leeds & Bradford,Southend and soon Newcastle,Glasgow and Norwich. Also trips into Space from the Virgin Space Hub coming soon! 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 14:01
Is there a link for the live stream or radio commentary? On a boat heading for Athens but excellent WiFi. Back in Jersey Thursday so hope to see the match at Vallis way next weekend. Howay pirates.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Albert Fishwick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 14:42
I would be wary of basing a weekend away around Flybe flights. They aren't known colloquially as Flymaybe for nothing.
That's easy for you to say.
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 15:28
Albert they are under new ownership so they have improved.
Albert Fishwick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 19:08
Good to know. They let my wife down several times in the past.
That's easy for you to say.
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 17:43
Albert
Just been announced by Flybe new owners that the aircraft will be re-branded VIRGIN CONNECT. Flybe are Exeter Chiefs shirt sponsors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic