National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum Lockedround 4 predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: round 4 predictions
    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 21:54
formerly known as Donnyknightsfan but had to post under a new profile after I could no longer log in under my old one. I hate computers. anyway back to some rugby. cup games for next weekend.  
Friday 29th November:
Newcastle v Hartpury - 8pm

Saturday 30th November:
Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish - 2.30pm
Coventry v Ampthill - 3pm
Ealing v Bedford - 3pm
Jersey v Doncaster - 3pm

Sunday 1st December:
Cornish Pirates v Nottingham - 2.30pm

Donnyfan View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 22:00
Predictions:
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury - Falcons to enjoy themselves
Yorkshire Carnegie 1-5 London Scottish - maybe Carnegie may get closer in this one.
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill - Coventry to keep their good form going in the cup.
Ealing 5-0 Bedford - Blues just don't look at the races this season. not the ideal game to get back in the groove.
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster - hopefully closer than the league match but the same result unfortunately.
Cornish Pirates 5-2 Nottingham - probably game of the round. if the best Nottingham turns up this could be a good one.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 08:22
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury - One way traffic despite lots of changes for Falcons
Yorkshire Carnegie 1-5 London Scottish - LS need to keep improving so will send a strong team
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill - Coventry up for the cup but will use full squad.
Ealing 5-0 Bedford - Big home win.
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster - Home advantage
Cornish Pirates 5-1 Nottingham - Home advantage
Run with it
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 10:22
Well...we'll have something that looks a bit like Rugby this weekend then, won't we.

Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury - Falcons at home to put Hartpury to the sword.
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish - I've seen no evidence that Carnegie is going to be competitive this year.
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill - Coventry to bounce back from their visit up north.
Ealing 5-0 Bedford - You have to think that Ealing has Bedford's number this year. If clear and sunny, a 5-0, if rainy and wretched, possibly more like 4-1.
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster - Not sure which Donny turns up, but hopefully the week off will have helped both clubs get a few players back and healthy.
Cornish Pirates 5-0 Nottingham - the Pirates of Penzance to make Robin Hood walk the plank. I think Pirates get back to form after dealing with their annual nightmare at the RAG.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 14:45
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Cornish Pirates 5-0 Nottingham - the Pirates of Penzance to make Robin Hood walk the plank. I think Pirates get back to form after dealing with their annual nightmare at the RAG.
Everyone knows Robin Hood hails from Doncaster Wink
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 16:17
Will wait to see the selections , as the league must be the main event some teams especially towards the bottom may play a B team to protect players just in case Carnegie manage to pull in a few favours and bring in a second squad like last year. I don't think it will happen but you never know
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 20:30
That's ok if you have a second squad. It's getting difficult to get a first one !!
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
The Perfect Ten View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Perfect Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 20:35
I’m interested to see if Ealing give a first start of the season to Peter Lydon.
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 21:58
Originally posted by Guinness John Guinness John wrote:

That's ok if you have a second squad. It's getting difficult to get a first one !!

That's what I was implying a number of clubs are in the same boat 
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 22:52
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury 
Yorkshire Carnegie 1-5 London Scottish 
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill .
Ealing 5-0 Bedford .
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster 
Cornish Pirates 5-0 Nottingham 
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 07:28
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury 
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish 
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill .
Ealing 5-1 Bedford .
Jersey 5-1 Doncaster 
Cornish Pirates 4-1 Nottingham 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 08:59

I suspect the appetite for a place in the knock out stages and the possibility of a home draw therein will be the key influence in team selection this week. My thoughts:

Falcons 5-0 Hartpury the barcodes are inked in my book as pool winners and will be looking to try and secure first seed whereas Hartpury unlikely to progress so a banker bonus point home win.

Yorkies 0-5 London Scottish - A bonus point win should go a long way towards securing Scottish a home quarter final draw. Yorkies to concentrate on the league.

Coventry 5-0 Ampthill .Cov may struggle to overhaul Trailfinders to win the pool but a bonus point win might easily give them best runner up spot and a home quarter final draw.

Ealing 5-0 Bedford .Trailfinders will want to retain the cup and go for first or second seed to maximise their chances.

Jersey 4-0 Doncaster I think both teams will make the quarter finals but at home Jersey to win by 10-12 points.

Cornish Pirates 4-1 Nottingham Should be a brilliant game but at home Pirates to win by 5-7 points in the mud or on Pirates pristine re-laid & redrained pitch..

My first guess at quarter final seeds:

1.    Falcons

2.    Trailfinders

3.    Scottish

4.    Cov

5.    Pirates

6.    Jersey

7.    Nottingham

8.    Donny

Have a great weekend all.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 26 Nov 2019 at 11:20
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Bombay Duck View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombay Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:17
CC as previously pointed out, the pitch has been completely re-layed at the Mennaye including decent drainage, so far no sign of mud!! Better revise your prediction
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:19
Originally posted by Bombay Duck Bombay Duck wrote:

CC as previously pointed out, the pitch has been completely re-layed at the Mennaye including decent drainage, so far no sign of mud!! Better revise your prediction
Cheers mate I have edited my prediction accordingly.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 20:50
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury

Yorkshire Carnegie 2-5 London Scottish

Coventry 5-1 Ampthill

Ealing 5-0 Bedford

Jersey 5-1 Doncaster

Cornish Pirates 5-0
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:38
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury - Falcons way too strong for Pury, 42-12

Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish - Scots like the cup it seems, and will take full advantage of the makeshift Leeds outfit

Coventry 5-1 Ampthill - Unlikely victory for A's, but a shock win will serve up two very tasty encounters in their two remaining home fixtures 

Ealing 5-0 Bedford - No chance for Blues unless Ealing implode. 

Jersey 5- 0 Doncaster - Donny on the ropes this season and little chance to pick up anything from this other than a few air miles

Cornish Pirates 5- 0 Nottingham - Mennaye magic from Pirates who will fancy a few tries 
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 14:49
Now, I stress here that I am not copying B Cap, but I agree with all of his predictions this week, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury ... Not sure if Falcons will see this as a way of resting more players or a way of bringing the WC players back in gently...same result though.
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish ... Mismatch, simple as.
Coventry 5-1 Ampthill ... I think that Cov will win this well, but it will be a very entertaining game as Ampthill will give it a right old go. Lots of points here I think.
Ealing 5-0 Bedford ... Not the fixture that the Blues would want and I can see a comfortable home win against a side that is desperate to get injuries back on the field.
Jersey 5-0 Doncaster ... Jersey to get their own back for the defeat in Doncaster first time round. I will miss this one as ironically I will be in ... Doncaster
Cornish Pirates 5-0 Nottingham ... Nottingham are a quality side, but I think that those pesky privateers from Cornwall will bee too strong at home. Entertaining game though.

Good luck everyone and please, no nasty injuries.    
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 17:42
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury 
Yorkshire Carnegie 0-5 London Scottish 
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill .
Ealing 5-0 Bedford .
Jersey 5-0 Doncaster 

Sorry I'm so boring!!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:40
Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury 
Yorkshire Carnegie 1-4 London Scottish 
Coventry 5-0 Ampthill .
Ealing 5-0 Bedford .
Jersey 4-1 Doncaster 
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:54
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Newcastle 5-0 Hartpury - One way traffic despite lots of changes for Falcons</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Yorkshire Carnegie 1-5 London Scottish - LS need to keep improving so will send a strong team<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Coventry 5-0 Ampthill - Coventry up for the cup but will use full squad.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Ealing 5-0 Bedford - Big home win.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Jersey 4-1 Doncaster - Home advantage<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Cornish Pirates 5-1 Nottingham - Home advantage

Cov may be up for the cup, but will field a rather experimental side.
Our City,
Our Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic