National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedRound 4 Officials, Team News, Scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 17:28
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 17:37
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Ealing 80 - Bedford 17. Maybe 10 left. Ealing has had two tries called back when Sir inexplicably stopped play during advantage as well. Very, very poor officiating.
FT, same score. Bedford should thank the RFU for keeping Leeds up.
Whats all that about Gerg? Huckleberryly Pear on triumphalism? If you are going to report, do it, leave the afters out.
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 17:39
How does ‘dr-unk on’ get a Huckleberry pear?
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 17:40
What was the final score in Jersey?... just so that I can relay the full facts to the fine folk of Doncaster in the Mercury tonight 😁
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 17:51
Originally posted by Hoffee Hoffee wrote:

Ealing 80 - Bedford 17. Maybe 10 left. Ealing has had two tries called back when Sir inexplicably stopped play during advantage as well. Very, very poor officiating.

Scores 80 points and still complains about the officiating... Bizarre
Officiating quality has nothing to do with the score. Consider how bad it had to be for me to comment on it with that kind of score.
Dan Gleebles View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:01
Or you could just be wrong.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:07
Originally posted by Dan Gleebles Dan Gleebles wrote:

Or you could just be wrong.

Ah, so the Bedford fans are just as sour as your players, who booted the ball off the field petulantly, and spiked the ball off the field in a fit of pique neither of which even resulted in the Blues being marched back ten. I guess I will also mention the episode where the Ealing 14 followed the ref's instructions on a conversion challenge, then was penalized for following the instructions. If you were there, then feel free to refute me by citing some examples, otherwise, please just accept that the officiating was poor.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:09
No complaints abpout Matt Turvey's offciating at Coventry today.

That would be because the poor fellow had a puncture on the M1, so arrived late, and the rest of the official team rotated and covered for him.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:11
At least one of the tries was brought back because Ealing committed an offence (one I think was crossing) subsequently to the advantage being given but before the try was scored; therefore back for original advantage. I’m afraid you’re not always more knowledgeable than the man in the middle. Very strange comments to make in the wake of a thumping win! I think there was actually one time where he blew for a pen and then Ealing scored just after the pen was awarded, but he let the try stand anyway. Perhaps I missed a quick tap being taken but the game was long gone at this point anyway .

And if you’re going to have a dig at Bedford being thankful as only Yorkshire are keeping us from relegation, well Ealing should be thankful to Mike Gooley as he is the only thing keeping them from relegation. Ealing have a fantastic team and played some absolutely scintillating rugby today, but still only a few hundred people were rattling around in a ground devoid of any atmosphere. Bedford would kill to have a team that couple produce rugby like that! It’s only going to get harder to attract people when London Irish move down the road next year too.

Edited by Bluesman11 - 30 Nov 2019 at 18:15
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:19
Sour? Meow.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Gleebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:26
Looks like I enjoyed the game more than you gerg.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:26
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

What was the final score in Jersey?... just so that I can relay the full facts to the fine folk of Doncaster in the Mercury tonight 😁

to answer your Q Brizzer it was 27-17, which importantly meant 5-0 on points and the Reds now 12-10 ahead of the Knights in the pool standings with 2 to play. There wasn't much in it, but Reds had the edge in the forwards I'd say and took their chances, a super score by the teenage loanee from Gloucester the pick of them... 
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:28
Just to be clear, are you insinuating you genuinely believe a qualified referee was playing advantage to Ealing, waited until they had broken through to score a try and then decided to bring back play for the original penalty for no reason whatsoever? Why would he do this? What logical reason would there be for doing it? You absolutely may disagree with the ref if he has seen an infringement in the build up that you don’t agree with, but to suggest he’s just brought play back for no reason when Ealing were away to score is just absurd. I dread to think what the comments about the ref will be like if Ealing slip up again this season!
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:42
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

to answer your Q Brizzer it was 27-17, which importantly meant 5-0 on points and the Reds now 12-10 ahead of the Knights in the pool standings with 2 to play. There wasn't much in it, but Reds had the edge in the forwards I'd say and took their chances, a super score by the teenage loanee from Gloucester the pick of them... 

Doesn't count for anything bbut I thought the score was 27-19
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:49
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

Only the first Donny try was converted...
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 18:57

Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

Only the first Donny try was converted...

Ok
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 19:25
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Just to be clear, are you insinuating you genuinely believe a qualified referee was playing advantage to Ealing, waited until they had broken through to score a try and then decided to bring back play for the original penalty for no reason whatsoever? Why would he do this? What logical reason would there be for doing it? You absolutely may disagree with the ref if he has seen an infringement in the build up that you don’t agree with, but to suggest he’s just brought play back for no reason when Ealing were away to score is just absurd. I dread to think what the comments about the ref will be like if Ealing slip up again this season!

It helps no-one to have these slanging matches in the wake of a thumping win and an all round scintillating performance from Ealing. The officiating was not perfect today, when is it? Sir did not help himself by being almost totally devoid of recognisable signals.

I like to think I of myself as a two-eyed Ealing supporter but also a qualified referee (admittedly lapsed) who had a great view from the grandstand. This is my take on the incidents referred to:

1) Ealing ‘advantage’ called back for clear offside/crossing by Ealing;
2) Ealing destroy Bedford put in at scrum, referee indicates Ealing penalty advantage for front row standing up, Ealing scrum half picks up ball from wheeled scrum before it leaves Bedford second row feet, breaks blind and sets up score under posts. Penalty offence by Ealing scrum half picked up by assistant ref and play called back for first offence, penalty Ealing.
3) Kicking ball away - it was only a scrum to Ealing, no big deal, dealt with by advice.
4) Bedford player spikes ball after penalty conceded and verbally voiced his view of decision. Marched back not 10m but a full 20m.
5) Ealing player charges conversion early, sent back by referee, only retires half way back before turning to face kicker again. Missed conversion retaken.

We all jealousy guard our right to criticise officials but they are always:

a) closer to the action than us, and

b) sometimes right.

Edited by oneagainstthehead - 30 Nov 2019 at 19:38
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:11
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

That would be because the poor fellow had a puncture on the M1, so arrived late, and the rest of the official team rotated and covered for him.
And dare I say it, none the worse for that?
The stand-in had a very good game.
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:14

Fully agree with this. 5-0 was the perfect result for Jersey but in truth 4-1 probably reflected the game. Jersey got the bounce of the ball today particularly on the bonus point try but I have seen them lose close matches often enough to smile and take the result. On another day Jersey could easily have won the away match at Castle Park so perhaps it was their turn. Both teams should make the last eight and I hope one of them beat Falcons in the finals (hopefully the wearing a red strip). No complaints from me about the referee who was always up with play and imo controlled the game well.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 30 Nov 2019 at 20:16
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:19
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

And dare I say it, none the worse for that?
The stand-in had a very good game.

Agreed - for clarifiation, James Clarke.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic