National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Round 5 Predictions, Officials, Team News, Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedRound 5 Predictions, Officials, Team News, Scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 20:13
After watching Newcastle today against Donny, Jersey have a chance,, scoreline flattered Newcastle. Don't get me wrong they deserved to win, but not by that.
Donnyfan View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 21:01
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

After watching Newcastle today against Donny, Jersey have a chance,, scoreline flattered Newcastle. Don't get me wrong they deserved to win, but not by that.

agree with that. I thought that was one of Donny's best performances of the season. we gave Falcons a couple of soft scores in the 2nd half but I thought Donny played pretty well overall.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 21:19
Originally posted by Donnyfan Donnyfan wrote:

Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

agree with that. I thought that was one of Donny's best performances of the season. we gave Falcons a couple of soft scores in the 2nd half but I thought Donny played pretty well overall.

I would have to agree with you there Donnyfan.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 21:39
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Kimbo - I thought you'd completed enough laps of the block to have realised that the BBC results/tables at our level are not to be relied on [smiley face emoji] - I think you'd have to say the odds for a home QF were more than 'slightly favouring' Cov when you have a 3-pt lead (20-17) in the rankings and both sides have tough away games.

<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">Entertaining game at our place I thought. Took a while to put Hartpury away, partly down to Reds' inaccuracy, but also Hartpury's tenacity. I too hope that we can give it a good crack at KP next weekend - nothing to lose.

Oh, I've certainly been around the block more than enough times, but I did say I didn't trust the bu99ers ;)
Our City,
Our Club
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 22:39
As a neutral watching the Falcons match today, I have to say Donny put up one heck of a fight. Agree with KnightsBoy that the score line was flattering to Falcons.
Mark Smith View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

aka 'Ramshackle Smith'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:31
Deano agrees with you https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/richards-we-can-still-do-better

Edited by Mark Smith - 08 Dec 2019 at 11:31
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 17:41
Final score Nottingham 41 London Scottish 5
Hoffee View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 17:48
Since no-one else has posted it Pirates v Yorkshire ended 54-5.
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 20:19
Eight Pirates tries, 5 in the second half. Carnegie’s attacking threat personified by a period of possession in the second half where they lost 30 yards over ten phases. Some nice Pirates tries but in truth we should have had more with a little more precision.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 09:48
I agree with all that was said about the game in Jersey on Saturday. Hartpury played their part in an entertaining game. Jersey will need to play better if they want to get anything out of the game in Newcastle this weekend.
One point though, the Hartpury No. 8 is a star in the making BTW. I don’t see him at 8, but he has pace to burn and has some bulk about him. He covered at wing and looked really dangerous. Personally, I think that he needs to be in the game so I would play him at 12 or if he can catch, at Full Back. Some future though.
Mark Smith View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

aka 'Ramshackle Smith'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 13:39
The best bits from Saturday's 43-14 Championship Cup victory at Doncaster Knights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSrYbDk9Ds
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 13:57
Originally posted by Mark Smith Mark Smith wrote:

The best bits from Saturday's 43-14 Championship Cup victory at Doncaster Knights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSrYbDk9Ds

From a Falcons perspective - very nice pitch....Wink
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 14:47
Jersey v Hartpury Highlights
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic