National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > About www.leaguerugby.co.uk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

This board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This board
    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 16:04
Just a reminder, this board is not a democracy ultimately the decisions on what can and can't be said rest with me.

I'm the one who has to deal with any complaints not those who hide behind pseudonyms and use the anonymity to make comments that can and do draw flack.

I realise some of you may not like this but that's the reality. This board isn't based on mob rule or the like.

It should be fun and friendly. Let's keep it that way.

I don't want to ban people but my patience is being tested.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Richard Lowther - 27 Mar 2020 at 11:11
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Insignificant Tick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insignificant Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 16:07
Nothing has been said. Topics that are in the public domain can be discussed and are not in your remit.
Ban away if it makes you feel better.
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 16:15

·Below are the board rules - I haven't seen anything today that breaks those rules

The rules are for all, not just posters.

You will not post any messages likely to cause offence. (Don't be abusive. Criticism is fine, abuse isn't. Don't say things about others that you wouldn't like saying about you. ..... 

·       You will not post messages containing bad language.

·       You will not divert any post from its original topic. If you wish to debate a new point start a new thread.

·       You will not constantly disrupt threads.

·        You will not post any defamatory messages.

·       You will not post messages that are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright.

You will not post any messages that promote illegal acts or solicit involvement in illegal acts.

·        You will not post messages that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.

·        You will not name or 'out' any poster who users a nickname/pseudonym.

Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 16:20
It's odd that this discussion was silenced when a similar one I posted about back in October 2018 was not.

Of course, as Richard says, it's his ball and he can take it home if he wants.

Nothing wrong with a healthy debate 🤷‍♂
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 18:50
The reason I posted a thread was an effort to make everyone think and be careful, a lesson to be learnt kind of thing, not to point a finger at anyone.
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 19:27
Sorry its black and white if you don't like the rules or the moderators reasoning  set up your own forum 
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 03:23
Originally posted by JonDee JonDee wrote:

if you don't like the rules or the moderators reasoning  set up your own forum 

"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 07:00
Originally posted by JonDee JonDee wrote:

Sorry its black and white if you don't like the kitchenrules or the moderators reasoning  set up your own forum 

I do like the rules. Rules are there for a reason. Please let me know where the rules have been broken in any of the locked or deleted threads.

Moderators reasoning should be based on the tules of the forum.
Yes Richard has the final say, it's his ball, but an over-moderated forum is not a good thing.

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 07:23
There appears to be a back-story here that I haven't picked up on. But I don't feel this forum is over-moderated, and generally there's some respectful and informed chat. As in all aspects of life, there's always a small minority...
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 09:15
I don't really see the need to be reminded of the rules when, as far as I can see, no rules have been broken but, a reminder that Richard's view is final is ok with me.
I can appreciate why Richard would not want Forum posters to 'speculate' on certain recent news. It is a sorry situation for all concerned.
All Knwoing All Seeing
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 09:41
So are we no longer supposed to speculate on RFU disciplinary hearings and decisions?.  I don't consider cheating as "unfortunate", SJ
Onion Hawk View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onion Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 19:09
ah, I wondered why it was all quiet. Find it odd that the subject has been silenced rather than moderating people actually breaching states rules. Not my party so not my rules but that doesn’t mean I’m not scratching my head in confusion. I’ll just get back to pretending yesterday’s result was a bad dream.
greeneyed View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeneyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:11
Sorry, Richard. Straightforward suppression of matters of genuine public interest!
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:32
Originally posted by greeneyed greeneyed wrote:

Sorry, Richard. Straightforward suppression of matters of genuine public interest!

To be followed, I would suggest, by straightforward banning of those like greeneyed who do no accept the rules of the board.
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:47
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Originally posted by greeneyed greeneyed wrote:

To be followed, I would suggest, by straightforward banning of those like greeneyed who do no accept the rules of the board.
Old Nick - But what some, me included, are saying, is NOT against the board rules. That is our point. Please advise where greeneyed has indicated he/she does not accept the board rules?
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:46
The point is that the person who runs the board has decided that they do breech the rules.

Whether or not you agree, he can remove them, or remove the posters, or more simply remove the board completely. I would seriously suggest people pull their necks back in, rather than risking losing this facility completely.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:48

The point is that the person who runs the board has decided that they do breech the rules.

Whether or not you agree, he can remove them, or remove the posters, or more simply remove the board completely. I would seriously suggest people pull their necks back in, rather than risking losing this facility completely.

Well said Old Nick.

Losing the forum would be a total disaster!

Not sure why people are arguing about it - post by the rules or don't bother.
RAID ON
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:51

No he hasn't.  I like the board, don't get me wrong.
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 09:06
The rules were breached, just because you may not have seen the transgressions it does not mean they did not happen. It is a testament to the oversight of the moderators that the posts were removed quickly. 

Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Onion Hawk View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onion Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 09:47
So it was content of posts rather than the subject matter itself.

Ok. So if we let this lie, would you discourage further discussion on the broader subject? Isn’t it interesting to understand the pressures on players that could lead to this?

I understand you may have trust issues with certain posters to keep within the lines though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic