National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Daily Telegrpahs 10 best places to watch sport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Wharfedale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily Telegrpahs 10 best places to watch sport
    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 17:46

It shows the Daily Telegraph writers 10 best places to watch sport in the UK and Ireland.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 18:10
Interesting list. Not sure whether Headingley gets in at No2 as a union or league stadium (or both) - no other league venues are mentioned, but either way looking forward to seeing it after recent refurb. From a selfish p-o-v sad to be denied a full house by the inclusion of Melrose - need to rectify that!
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 18:43
Headingley is the WORST place to watch rugby union in the UK.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 18:56
Originally posted by backrowb backrowb wrote:

Headingley is the WORST place to watch rugby union in the UK.

It is the worst rugby stadium.
The middle of the M25 would be a worse place.

Probably.
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 19:29
I lied. The worst place to watch RU is Loughborough University
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 23:17
Originally posted by backrowb backrowb wrote:

I lied. The worst place to watch RU is Loughborough University

Definitely the Ricoh.
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 23:23
Have you been to Thurrock?
Great club, but I have never been as cold as watching my daughter play there.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 18:13
Essington is the worse club I have been to. Clubhouse has no windows, carpark is waste land and nobody seems friendly.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 15:27
More to rugby than a pretty ground, here's two aspiring clubs

HackneySince 2015 Hackney rugby has been supporting the Lesotho rugby academy charity. Money raised from fundraising events has enabled the programme to run in 5 different schools bi-annually with different intakes.
The Lesotho Rugby Academy is a charity programme run through Dolen Cymru (the Wales-Lesotho Link), a registered charity in the UK, in partnership with the Federation of Lesotho Rugby (“FLR”). The FLR tries to tie in the Academy to its wider rugby activities, notably through running training sessions for teachers.

MillwallOur Clubhouse is located in a semi-circular arch in what used to be the London Bridge – Greenwich Railway Viaduct. Built between 1834 and 1836, the structure consists of 851 semi-circular arches and 27 skew arches or road bridges. It is the longest run of arches in Britain, one of the oldest railway viaducts in the world, and the earliest example of an entirely elevated railway line.

Edited by FHLH - 01 Jan 2020 at 15:35
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic