National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

chinnor v rams - Event Date: 10 Jan 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 22:27
And if Henley come up...............!
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 08:39
And Rams install some floodlights ?
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 09:03
Unlikely Rams will install lights on the main pitch, it would keep the old folk in the care home awake Smile

I wasn't able to make the game, but it sounded a cracker on twitter. Just seen the interview with the Chinnor DOR, seems that Rams (Not Reading) were lucky to come away with the win, phew.......... Big smile
Enjoying life!
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:36
So if Rams don't go up Chinnor can have another 1000+ plus crowd on a Friday night next season !

A proverbial game of two halves that in the end could have gone either way. Frankly, Chinnor were not as dominant as their DOR says and Rams rolling maul should have sealed the game a few minutes from the end but they somehow knocked on. Chinnor did win the scrum penalties in the second half and probably regret only playing an expansive game until 3-21 down.

The three turn-overs by the Rams back-row in their 22 in the last 20 minutes may also have been crucial.

All-in-all though, just a tremendous game of rugby to watch !
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 16:48
Originally posted by fatbear fatbear wrote:

So if Rams don't go up Chinnor can have another 1000+ plus crowd on a Friday night next season !

A proverbial game of two halves that in the end could have gone either way. Frankly, Chinnor were not as dominant as their DOR says and Rams rolling maul should have sealed the game a few minutes from the end but they somehow knocked on. Chinnor did win the scrum penalties in the second half and probably regret only playing an expansive game until 3-21 down.

The three turn-overs by the Rams back-row in their 22 in the last 20 minutes may also have been crucial.

All-in-all though, just a tremendous game of rugby to watch !

Having spoken to a few Rams supporters today who were at the match I reckon that's a pretty fair summary FatBear. Suspect the Chinnor DOR was a bit emotional when he was interviewed after the match. Sounds like a tremendous local derby and must have been a good money maker for Chinnor. 

Enjoying life!
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:38
My take on the evening ( still getting to grips with this blog malarky....! )

https://fatbearssportingdiaries.blogspot.com/

Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:08

What a great blog post Fatbear. I've been involved in the bi-annual matches between the two sides at U23 since the inception as photographer. Wish I'd made it over last Friday now, but events overtook me. 
Enjoying life!
Clive Norling View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:19

From someone who was actively involved on Friday night, that is a very balanced and accurate report ... I make one observation regarding the game, with the ability to view the game yesterday, the 20 metre rolling maul was stopped illegally and the referee gave the scrum to Chinnor, not because of a knock on (which nearly everyone who didn't have access to the referee's microphone thought) but because he ruled it as a failed maul ....

Secondly, when I used to referee, I never thought it good for losing coaches to be interviewed less than 3 hours after a game, let alone 10 minutes, because they are to emotional to be objective and you rightly point out that maybe despite what the Chinnor coach wanted to believe, they were not quite as dominant as he thought, as you rightly point out ....

However, not withstanding the above, a great night and hopefully a financial success for Chinnor off the pitch, even if on the pitch it went the wrong way ...
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:20
Thank you Jester, I try to be objective but its not always easy !

But ultimately I just enjoy being able to watch a great standard rugby within walking distance of where I live and like to see good players regardless of who they are playing for.

I regularly bore the wife when watching a game on TV by saying "he has played at Chinnor", even though it was for the opposition !
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:25
@clive norling

Thank you for the kind words. Obviously as just a mere spectator I have no idea what the ref is saying, but from 50 yards away it looked like a knock on !
Clive Norling View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:31

@clive norling

Thank you for the kind words. Obviously as just a mere spectator I have no idea what the ref is saying, but from 50 yards away it looked like a knock on !

Normally I'm wired to the referee and hear everything he says, however, he didn't turn his receiver on, so we couldn't hear him ... at half time we sorted it but I couldn't be bothered to be "miked up" but like you, when he gave the scrum to Chinnor, as an ex official, I thought it could only be by a knock on from RAMS ....
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 17:35
the ball did seem to go forward, but maybe that is wishful thinking, and I don't have access to the video !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic