National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2N Latest Scores 11/01/20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 08:36
Originally posted by Jonny1978 Jonny1978 wrote:

Looks like Caldy will win the league with a fair few games to party afterwards. Clearly the best side in this league. Much better then hull Ionians was last year.

The best team in the league usually go up as Champions.
The other Clubs in N2N will usually occupy the position they deserve.
Jonny might be a good judge of previous Champions having been beaten by them and by this season's Champions elect.
Good luck to Caldy.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Jonny1978 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 09:13
Yes clearly the champions go up. My point was that they will win the league with a fair few games to play. Fylde and sedgley are making it earlier and earlier.
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:02
With first place wrapped up, who's going to make the playoff?

I'm going with Fylde.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:38
What chance a playoff against Leicester Lions lol 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:56
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Can't see past any of the top three in South not being champions or runners up. Leicester are having a great season, but they're still a little bit off the pace set by the top three.

Assuming Lions don't go up, do they transfer back to N2N for next season?
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:13
Originally posted by Deva Delinquent Deva Delinquent wrote:

I'm going with Fylde.

I think that is somewhat presumptuous DD. Last season Caldy were at the top of National 1 for a period of what I think were 5 or 6 weeks and then a raft of injuries saw them go on a long losing run. They turned it all around at the back end of the season when they got their players back from injury but it was all fractionally too late to keep them up.

The same could happen this season. They have a run of very tough games coming up Lucs (away), Hull (h), Otley (a) Sedge (h) Fylde (a) Sedge (a)

If Caldy win all of those they will be pretty much there ..................but that is a very big if!
''The future isn't what it used to be''
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:23
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

I'm going with Fylde.

I think that is somewhat presumptuous DD. Last season Caldy were at the top of National 1 for a period of what I think were 5 or 6 weeks and then a raft of injuries saw them go on a long losing run. They turned it all around at the back end of the season when they got their players back from injury but it was all fractionally too late to keep them up.

The same could happen this season. They have a run of very tough games coming up Lucs (away), Hull (h), Otley (a) Sedge (h) Fylde (a) Sedge (a)

If Caldy win all of those they will be pretty much there ..................but that is a very big if!

Sport is a funny thing, so you're right, it's not outside the realms of possibility that it could all go Pete Tong.

But from what I've seen I think it's unlikely Caldy will implode to lose the title, even with an injury crisis I think they've done enough to finish top.

I stand by what I said earlier in the season, if anyone are going to get a result against Caldy this season it's going to be Sedge.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:25

Assuming Lions don't go up, do they transfer back to N2N for next season?

No idea, but I did raise the point on a post the other week after a comment in a post on twitter from someone at the Lions after the win against Westcliff, saying see you next year?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:32

Can't see past any of the top three in South not being champions or runners up. Leicester are having a great season, but they're still a little bit off the pace set by the top three. 

Lions have to play all 4 teams above them, 2 at home, so you never know, they also have a game in hand after Old Albanians cancelled with a flooded pitch. Only lost one game at home, so having a good season so far.
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 12:19
I am sure Yorkshirestour will claim “it still could be Stourbridge’s year”  👍
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 16:17
Originally posted by Jonny1978 Jonny1978 wrote:

Yes clearly the champions go up. My point was that they will win the league with a fair few games to play. Fylde and sedgley are making it earlier and earlier.

Erm Hello !!!!
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 16:18
Originally posted by Puli. Puli. wrote:

I am sure Yorkshirestour will claim “it still could be Stourbridge’s year”  👍

Can’t see us losing again Puli.
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 23:43
Still some big weeks to go ,in feb we have Sedge Fylde and then Sedge again .Lucs have pulled a few surprises.No one at Caldy thinks its anywhere near won yet and we have been lucky so far with no major injury worries but we all know how that can change.Its tougher at the top ,everybody wants to topple the leaders.Ourselves Fylde and Sedge will be filling top 3 places.

is it stours year yet
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 23:57
Ps Scunny hoppers and Huddesfield for the drop.Lucs are the escape artists out of the bottom 4
is it stours year yet
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 08:55
Originally posted by pen 15 pen 15 wrote:

Ps Scunny hoppers and Huddesfield for the drop.Lucs are the escape artists out of the bottom 4

Lucs have been unlucky in a few close games this year - at home against Chester and Hinckley spring to mind. The points from those two games alone would see them sitting comfortably in the top half of the table now.

I think Lucs will be safe though, and if things begin to click for the team they'll be up in the mix next year.

Scunny are down, and I think Hoppers will follow them. The last place could be contested by a few teams, which will keep things interesting.
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:13

Scunny are down, and I think Hoppers will follow them. The last place could be contested by a few teams, which will keep things interesting.

Keep condemning us......it will act as inspiration.
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:18
Originally posted by 'Hopper 'Hopper wrote:

I'm not condemning you, it's just my opinion.

For all I know, we could end up dropping down 🤷‍♂
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 22:32

Originally posted by 'Hopper 'Hopper wrote:

I'm not condemning you, it's just my opinion.

For all I know, we could end up dropping down 🤷‍♂
they need something ,it's tough when your on a bad streak ,injuries ,tight games ,odd decisions from refs it's a hard habit too break when your in that position just got to stay positive.Based my bottom 3 on results 1 win and a draw in the last 10 is relegation sorry.
is it stours year yet
French Connection View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 08:51
When a club have been level transferred, they have the option of returning to their original league after one season. Almost all do so - Sandbach are the only club I can recall who have opted to stay where they were sent, hence the reason that they are still in Midlands Premier as opposed to their real home in the north. Lions will almost certainly opt to go back to N2N next season. Apart from anything else, the travelling will be much cheaper. The same club cannot be level transferred again for (I think, although it may be 3 ) 5 years.
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 09:24
not sure about lions rejoining n2n   looks like  2 northern clubs could well be relegated  from national 1

caldy should go    fylde sedge  students  in play off with southerners    with south  winning again   so there might be another team to be level transfered  who knows
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic