National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship - Round 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 21:05
 LS 10 - 30 Notts
Donnyfan View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 22:01

FT Bedford 19 - 15 Coventry. Blues are on a roll now.

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 22:02
FT Bedford 19 Cov 15

hard to get scores tonight - Twitter has gone down. Don't know what happened at the RAG, although seemed like it was heading for a surprisingly large away win
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 22:07
17-30 FT at the RAG according to BBC
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 23:08
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

FT Bedford 19 Cov 15

hard to get scores tonight - Twitter has gone down. Don't know what happened at the RAG, although seemed like it was heading for a surprisingly large away win
Wasn't just me then?
I couldn't even get on here after the 50th (ish) minute. Proper pain...
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:30
Still no eye witness accounts from the RAG. I guess many Notts supporters may have found it difficult to get there on a Friday night. There were formerly several active posters from LS, but don't seem to hear from them much these days...
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:30
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

FT Bedford 19 Cov 15

Wasn't just me then?
I couldn't even get on here after the 50th (ish) minute. Proper pain...

I got the Access Denied reply all day yesterday but logged on first time this am, so frustrating. It happens regularly all the time now.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:42
I can't recall Twitter dropping out during matches for some time b4 last night...
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 13:19
Cracking day in Jersey, sunny and light winds until Ciara arrives this evening - we'll be in the bar by then! KO 2pm
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 14:51
Ht Reds 10 Ealing 11 - as tight as that sounds
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 15:57
FT in Jersey 24-28, it ebbed and flowed but ET were ahead when the music stopped...
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 16:12
Just back home from St. Peter’s. Believe me, this was a game of the highest quality between 2 very evenly matched sides and when it is that close games hinge on mistakes. Sadly for Jersey it fell to Will Homer, who was the best Ref on the park I have to say, whose poor clearance kick fell to Ealing just outside the 22 and boy did they make us pay.
Jersey looked like winning it up until then, mainly thanks to Homers 2 fantastic tries, but when you play a top quality side like Ealing, give them an inch......
Fantastic game if rugby!!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 16:25
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Just back home from St. Peter’s. Believe me, this was a game of the highest quality between 2 very evenly matched sides and when it is that close games hinge on mistakes. Sadly for Jersey it fell to Will Homer, who was the best Ref on the park I have to say, whose poor clearance kick fell to Ealing just outside the 22 and boy did they make us pay.
Jersey looked like winning it up until then, mainly thanks to Homers 2 fantastic tries, but when you play a top quality side like Ealing, give them an inch......
Fully agree best game I have seen at St Peter all season. Well played both teams and good luck to Ealing for the rest of season.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 16:29
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Fully agree best game I have seen at St Peter all season. Well played both teams and good luck to Ealing for the rest of season.

But not too much luck eh? Believe you are at ours in a couple weeks for the cup?
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 17:40
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

But not too much luck eh? Believe you are at ours in a couple weeks for the cup?
I'm hoping Jersey saved any luck that's due to them for the cup match in a couple of weeks - I'm certainly going to see that one and hoping for as good a match as I saw today but Jersey manage to win that one.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Jerorky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jerorky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 19:10
Have to disagree with Brizzer and his view of Will Homer's play. Had he not been replaced,  the Jersey break soon after would have been a winning try but  sadly his replacement does not  and did not have the legs for a 7 pointer. This was a very good match which could have gone either way but for small margins.

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 19:23
Will Homer wasn't replaced, he moved to wing, which reflects his status as the quickest of our three 9s, by some margin.

Funny day today to be a Jersey & England supporter - defeat after playing well in a fantastic advert for this league, and then victory in one of the most horrible games I've ever seen!
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 19:37
Have to agree with Jerorky. Moving Homer out to the wing was a crazy decision. That effectively put him out of the game. He was man of the Match in all our books well before Islander made the announcement.
He had been our point of difference player up till then. I can understand subbing props after 60 minutes but a half back at the top of his game.....? No way.
Cracking game though in ideal conditions, well done to Ealing. Small margins.
Come on Jersey........
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 20:01
Guys. Our back line are on their knees injury wise. The squads strength is that players can ‘fill in’.
This is what happened today. No problem from here with the changes that were made by the coaching staff. To take a winger of Morgan’s class off is not one that would have been taken lightly.... know what I mean?
Still, this was a great game of rugby and well done to ET for taking their chances when they came. PL quality game... really!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 20:14

Guys. Our back line are on their knees injury wise. The squads strength is that players can ‘fill in’.
This is what happened today. No problem from here with the changes that were made by the coaching staff. To take a winger of Morgan’s class off is not one that would have been taken lightly.... know what I mean?
Still, this was a great game of rugby and well done to ET for taking their chances when they came. PL quality game... really!

Very sad that I couldn't be there this year, sounded a great game, but the daughter's birthday party took precedence. Nevertheless, very much enjoyed listening on the radio - always very entertaining commentary. Could do with less cowbells though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic